Awaclus
- 2 (15.4%)
McMcsalot
- 5 (38.5%)
pingpongsam lol
- 6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 123252 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Day Two!)
« Reply #575 on: August 30, 2018, 06:18:42 am »

The ideal of voting outside the pool is dumb. We have a way better end game chance by voting within because we (while knowing sanity) do not know if someone was framed tomorrow. Let's say I am wrong and it is Skum and not the Traitor. Then whatever!!!! We have the same odds of finding skum today within the cops (way better than outside) and if it is skum and not traitor then they have to choose WIFOM or shooting outside the cop pool to find the traitor/unknown cop.

There was no fucking info from Day 1! What are we to make a lynch off of outside the pool?
The quicklynch - nope can't do that because they are in the cop pool.
LL/GK? well it cant be LL because they are in the cop pool (cough *set up* cough).
It is pitted against us!
GK and Galz are too obvious. Those players is how this skum tactic makes sense!

I wanna lynch in the cops, like for real even if it is me. But if that happens then the insane cop needs to keep shut and you need to lynch one of the other two tomorrow. Worst case we are -1 on the "IC cop set up" but we gain a free kill and the Insane Cop doesn't have to out for it.

Skum hasn't played well to this point, we have played shitty. Start thinking about how things play out.

This is a waste of time, we're not lynching from the cops today and there's a good reason why.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 30, 2018, 06:47:35 am »

The ideal of voting outside the pool is dumb. We have a way better end game chance by voting within because we (while knowing sanity) do not know if someone was framed tomorrow. Let's say I am wrong and it is Skum and not the Traitor. Then whatever!!!! We have the same odds of finding skum today within the cops (way better than outside) and if it is skum and not traitor then they have to choose WIFOM or shooting outside the cop pool to find the traitor/unknown cop.

There was no fucking info from Day 1! What are we to make a lynch off of outside the pool?
LL/GK? well it cant be LL because they are in the cop pool (cough *set up* cough).
It is pitted against us!

I wanna lynch in the cops, like for real even if it is me. But if that happens then the insane cop needs to keep shut and you need to lynch one of the other two tomorrow. Worst case we are -1 on the "IC cop set up" but we gain a free kill and the Insane Cop doesn't have to out for it.

Skum hasn't played well to this point, we have played shitty. Start thinking about how things play out.

This is a waste of time, we're not lynching from the cops today and there's a good reason why.

^This guy is telling the truth
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 30, 2018, 07:30:10 am »

Swan how do you not get the basic premis of more cop results = better.

Say you cop me and get a town result. You claim this tomorrow and when you die I’m basically an IC. Play this out for the other coo as well that’s a potential of two ic’s from one night.

If we Lynch you and mafia kills the other cop we lose both those results and are down to one cop.

I gets it, you are so set on figuring out a way to guarantee finding the traitor/scum amongst the claimed cops you are willing to kill two of our cops to do it. That’s a bad plan. So stop pushing it and do a reread of someone outside the cops. If you are town you are hurting this day like crazy be ranting not super well thought out plans just as we start getting real cases made.

I have no clue what you are trying to say about gkrieg being too obvious. I think his defense to my case on him is hella scummy.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 30, 2018, 09:11:22 am »

Lalight - 94(5)
Dsell - 73(6)
Galzria - 67(4)
Datswan - 47(1)
Gkrieg - 40(3)
2.7 - 39(1)
Hydrad - 34(1)
Awaclus - 27(1)
mcmcsalot - 26(2)
Robz888 - 24(4)
Joseph2302 - 22(1)
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2018, 09:19:49 am »

Vote: gkrieg for not answering my question about why he thought my statement was a scum slip.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 30, 2018, 10:03:44 am »

Vote: gkrieg for not answering my question about why he thought my statement was a scum slip.

? You said his instead of their, and I haven’t posted since you asked the question.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 30, 2018, 10:56:04 am »

? You said his instead of their, and I haven’t posted since you asked the question.

Why would that be a scumslip, rather than a conscious choice to avoid the confusion of a plural pronoun?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 30, 2018, 11:19:36 am »

Why would that be a scumslip, rather than a conscious choice to avoid the confusion of a plural pronoun?

Because you point out the gender of a traitor. This is not a slip anyway, but this was my first thought as well. Discussing this is spreading confusion, carry on

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #583 on: August 30, 2018, 11:30:30 am »

Because you point out the gender of a traitor.

Which is not even noteworthy when everyone in the game is male.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 30, 2018, 11:38:44 am »

? You said his instead of their,

But this doesn't signal any special knowledge I would have as the mafia.

This is not a slip anyway, but this was my first thought as well. Discussing this is spreading confusion, carry on

I'm pointing out a flawed argument. People who make flawed arguments are often scum, as mcmc says.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 30, 2018, 11:39:39 am »

I also know that I personally am waaaaaaaay more likely to call out potential scumslips when I am in fact scum. Not sure if this is true for other players, or for gkrieg, but it could be.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 30, 2018, 11:40:03 am »

Yeah, this is much ado about nothing from gkrieg. 2 days left? I can join the wagon

vote: gkrieg
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 30, 2018, 11:53:37 am »

I have no idea what’s going on. Gkrieg hasn’t remotely done anything as scummy as Galz and Dsell coaching the traitor or Robz with the quickwagon.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 30, 2018, 11:54:21 am »

I mean, vote me, kill me, but i am not voting gkrieg over no lynch

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 30, 2018, 11:58:45 am »

It is pitted against us!

^This guy is telling the truth
Can't believe we'd have to spell it out.
Lynching a Cop is bad.
Almost strictly better to lynch from claimed VTs today, and cops maybe tomorrow. That way we get more information
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 30, 2018, 11:59:45 am »

I have no idea what’s going on. Gkrieg hasn’t remotely done anything as scummy as Galz and Dsell coaching the traitor or Robz with the quickwagon.
Agreed, I strongly prefer Robz to Gkrieg right now
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 30, 2018, 12:09:42 pm »

I just really disagree with your conclusion that their posts were coaching a traitor. They were doing setup analysis and speculating in the thread, which will influence the traitor (or even normal scum) but I just don't really see it as "coaching the traitor."
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 30, 2018, 12:11:58 pm »

Agreed, I strongly prefer Robz to Gkrieg right now

Your read on robz was based on him pushing the quicklynch and then doing nothing. He has posted a bit more since then, no change in your read or reasons?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 30, 2018, 12:12:14 pm »

I just really disagree with your conclusion that their posts were coaching a traitor. They were doing setup analysis and speculating in the thread, which will influence the traitor (or even normal scum) but I just don't really see it as "coaching the traitor."

If I were a traitor I would NEVER thought about claiming cop. Maybe it’s because i am not as bright; but mafia team doesn’t know who traitor is and they could try to tell them what to do best.

Simply put: they advised the best course of action for Mafia team. If they were doing setup analosys, they could make their conclusions and not tell it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 30, 2018, 12:14:52 pm »

Yeah, this is much ado about nothing from gkrieg. 2 days left? I can join the wagon

This is a bad vote.

Awaclus has now pointed out that everyone playing is male, so it can't possibly be a scumslip anyway, and I pointed out in the original post that it doesn't work because scum don't know traitor.  I was just pointing out that Robz was giving the traitor a gender, which could imply a scumslip, but that it didn't work out.  I don't actually think it is a scumslip at all anymore.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 30, 2018, 12:15:30 pm »

If I were a traitor I would NEVER thought about claiming cop. Maybe it’s because i am not as bright; but mafia team doesn’t know who traitor is and they could try to tell them what to do best.

Simply put: they advised the best course of action for Mafia team. If they were doing setup analosys, they could make their conclusions and not tell it.

See, the towniest people to me are those that share and actually talk about stuff in the thread. The way you are proposing could basically go to say that we should all just do single vote posts and not share any information. Yeah, that is extreme, but I think theory talk is extremely helpful to town D1

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 30, 2018, 12:17:01 pm »

This is a bad vote.

Awaclus has now pointed out that everyone playing is male, so it can't possibly be a scumslip anyway, and I pointed out in the original post that it doesn't work because scum don't know traitor.  I was just pointing out that Robz was giving the traitor a gender, which could imply a scumslip, but that it didn't work out.  I don't actually think it is a scumslip at all anymore.

The point of the vote was more that "scumslip!" is immediately where you went. Like opportunistic scum might. Then backtrack after proven wrong

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #597 on: August 30, 2018, 12:17:06 pm »

The thing about coaching the traitor is that it's super easy for scum to do it, because traitor knows mafia. Normally you would have to manage signaling to the traitor that you're mafia and that you're coaching them while appearing to everyone else as town, which is pretty impossible, but here, you only have to signal to the traitor who already knows that you're mafia that you're coaching them while appearing to everyone else as town, which is pretty easy to do under the guise of "setup analysis".

It's also noteworthy that so far, it looks like the traitor has actually done everything according to the coaching from Dsell and Galz.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 30, 2018, 12:17:10 pm »

See, the towniest people to me are those that share and actually talk about stuff in the thread. The way you are proposing could basically go to say that we should all just do single vote posts and not share any information. Yeah, that is extreme, but I think theory talk is extremely helpful to town D1

Theory talk is awesome. Like faust did for example. I am talking about specific theory talk.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 30, 2018, 12:23:52 pm »

I agree with e here. I really don’t think they were coaching the traitor. In fact if anything there has been more “coaching” going on today with the amount of discussion people have had about what mafia is going to do during the night and what the cops should do etc.

The robz quickwagon argument is outrageous when compared to gkrieg.

Lalight do you realize robz was the 4th vote for pps and gkrieg was the 6th (l-1). So just objectively gkrieg’s vote is scummier. Then you look at subjectively how scum approaches the wagon and following day compared to town. Scum is unlikely to as robz did mention long after he votes that he actually thinks it’s a good idea to go through with the quicklynch. All that does is make that scum player accountable to for the lynch and reminds people they support is. Scum would just let the lynch happen without saying more and then the next day they can claim they didn’t want it to go through and blame the other people who voted for pps. Scum would much rather claim something vague like “I just wanted to get reactions” and point to someone other than themselves on the wagon and say “look their vote was scummy!”. You know like exactly what gkrieg did.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 23 queries.