Awaclus
- 2 (15.4%)
McMcsalot
- 5 (38.5%)
pingpongsam lol
- 6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 123442 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Day Two!)
« Reply #550 on: August 29, 2018, 04:28:17 pm »

Can we all agree that the traitor is one of the claimed cops beyond reasonable doubt?

I'm still confused on why the traitor claimed and the other mafia can't the be one that claimed.

I think the biggest risk would be. everyone has said that the traitor should claim. if normal scum tried to claim, traitor wouldn't know that normal scum claimed and traitor might still claim and then we might end up with 5 cops. which I doubt scum would like.

Traitor knows who his scummates are - if a regular scum claimed, the traitor would know instantly.

This does not work in reverse however - if the Traitor claimed, there would be risk in regular scum claiming of ending up with far too many claims.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 29, 2018, 04:29:14 pm »

I like gkrieg. Won't be voting there today.

Mcmc I'm also liking his last post so he's townies.

I could totally do a robz vote.

So Vote: robz

Even though we aren't lynching them today I think dat swan is like 10% scum lalight 40% and e 50%.

I think lalight is in a scummier position but his attitude is just feeling more like a town player I guess
I'd prefer if we didn't give scum info on who our towniest cops are. We want to limit their information

I guess. But honestly I'd be surprised if they even shoot a cop.

so if skum has to choose to kill inside cops or outside cops they are left with:

Inside Cops: 2/3 dead cop, 1/3 find traitor. If they find traitor at this point, with 3 in the pool it would be excellent for them. Worst case scenario is they ... kill a cop?
Outside Cops: 4/5 VTs, 1/5 Insane cop. So 20% chance to find the other cop (that would obv be like their dream case scenario)... but outside of that all they do is remove a VT from play, making it worse for them the next day because they will now be 2/6 in the outside pool. At that point the Insane Cop could just like... claim. Now they are 2/5. Let alone insane has a result.

I just don't get why there have been people thinking killing outside the cop pool is something that is realistically going to happen I guess. I don't think it matters, it has just been bugging me.

The biggest reason I think is that once scum starts killing off cops. they are also kinda killing off their partner. because once the town cops are gone we know which one the scum is. If you leave the cops alive it makes us potentially kill our own cops by guessing what one to lynch.

Theres pluses and minuses for both though.

would like to point out that the value in THEM killing is that they could find and recruit the traitor.
the value in US lynching is that if we lynch the traitor they cannot be recruited.

Those wincons are, as they should be, 100% opposite.

The only thing is that by guessing wrong on the traitor tonight, they create a 50-50 lynch chance tomorrow... which when you add in the odds of finding the traitor, aint that bad.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 29, 2018, 04:30:15 pm »

Can we all agree that the traitor is one of the claimed cops beyond reasonable doubt?

Most likely, yes, that's correct.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 29, 2018, 04:38:07 pm »

Why in the hell are people so concerned with who sckum should be killing tonight.

STOOOOOOOOOOP

There is even a traitor who is loving his discussion. I’m so so sick of it.

Also swan your “try to catch the false cop plan” fails 99% of the time. The only scenario where he false cop doesn’t know what to claim for the targets alignment is if the false cop is the traitor who is forced to claim first and the target was framed and they state the true alignment. That’s it. It’s a far fetched plan hat wastes the cops potential actual results that become probable upon flips. So for Christ sake cops try and investigate different people who don’t get framed and aren’t the traitor, and let’s move on to scumhuntibg from our pool of vanilla townies.

Gkrieg defense did nothing for me.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 29, 2018, 04:49:30 pm »

Just reread gkrieg and there wasn't anything that popped out as super scummy or super towny. I would say he is in the "would lynch" category, not really the "want to lynch"
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: August 29, 2018, 04:59:24 pm »

snip
Why is the vote opportunistic?  I know I'm town, I am guessing that e is town.  If Robz is town, then that means that he pushed for a quickhammer as town on town and then two town went and hammered PPS.  That seems unlikely to me.  You also say that Joseph's vote was good, but that his point was weak?  How does sheeping a good vote make me opportunistic, and why is Joseph's point weak?
You said you agreed a lot with Joseph saying robz was scummy for pushing the quicklynch. Now you are claiming you find robz position on the wagon scummy which also makes very little sense.
Robz was the 4th in a wagon of 7. Sure conveniently you are the l-1 vote (you know the scummy one) and the 5th/7th votes are pseudo ic’s. I don’t think town!gkrieg think just because votes 5/6/7 are potentially all town that makes vote 4 scum over votes 2/3 (myself and Joseph, the person you are sheeping...). So your explanation actually reeks of scum justification saying “I know I’m town and that means this other player has to be scum”, when it really doesn’t mean that.

snip

What do you mean as all the votes are bad?  Galzria was coaching the traitor.  Robz pushed a bad (in hindsight) quickhammer, which is completely something scum!Robz would do (I agree that town!Robz would do it, but I think it is much less likely), and I think it is extremely unlikely that a town pushes a quickhammer on another town that 2 towns then execute.  Normally I would be putting the scumread on e, because I think it was a scummy hammer, but I think he had the towniest cop claim (with LaLight being an extremely close second).  You also literally say that Joseph's vote on Robz was not bad, then say that all the votes are bad.
I mean that I think the galz vote and robz votes are not likely votes for scum. The “galzria was coaching the traitor” argument is in my opinion a bad one, I think galz was just fleshing out plan, but admittedly I should take a second look at galz from yesterday. The robz votes are bad because as I explained he’s very likely to push a day one quicklynch as either alignment on a player who clearly many town players found scummy. I think the Joseph vote on robz was not scummy coming from Joseph (a player I don’t think is as good/effortfull in reads compared to you) and your sheep vote was opportunistic because it didn’t add to anything other than agree with Joseph, it’s all become increasingly scummy with your defense of the vote.

We should be lynching gkrieg
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 29, 2018, 05:26:34 pm »

I don't think the Traitor is necessarily one of the cops, although there's a good chance of it. One reason being, this is a plan that two scum are more likely to have come up with than one scum on his own.

I want to call this a scum slip, but traitor know mafia instead of the other way around.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 29, 2018, 05:27:25 pm »

I'm still confused on why the traitor claimed and the other mafia can't the be one that claimed.

I think the biggest risk would be. everyone has said that the traitor should claim. if normal scum tried to claim, traitor wouldn't know that normal scum claimed and traitor might still claim and then we might end up with 5 cops. which I doubt scum would like.

Traitor knows who his scummates are - if a regular scum claimed, the traitor would know instantly.

This does not work in reverse however - if the Traitor claimed, there would be risk in regular scum claiming of ending up with far too many claims.

Oh ok, I think I get it now.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 29, 2018, 05:30:22 pm »

snip
Why is the vote opportunistic?  I know I'm town, I am guessing that e is town.  If Robz is town, then that means that he pushed for a quickhammer as town on town and then two town went and hammered PPS.  That seems unlikely to me.  You also say that Joseph's vote was good, but that his point was weak?  How does sheeping a good vote make me opportunistic, and why is Joseph's point weak?
You said you agreed a lot with Joseph saying robz was scummy for pushing the quicklynch. Now you are claiming you find robz position on the wagon scummy which also makes very little sense.
Robz was the 4th in a wagon of 7. Sure conveniently you are the l-1 vote (you know the scummy one) and the 5th/7th votes are pseudo ic’s. I don’t think town!gkrieg think just because votes 5/6/7 are potentially all town that makes vote 4 scum over votes 2/3 (myself and Joseph, the person you are sheeping...). So your explanation actually reeks of scum justification saying “I know I’m town and that means this other player has to be scum”, when it really doesn’t mean that.

Oh, didn't realize Robz was the 4th on the wagon and not the 5th.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 29, 2018, 05:31:08 pm »

Orca & Mt. Baker from San Juan Islands

Vote count 2.4

Galzria (2): Awaclus, gkrieg13
Hydrad (2): 2.71828..., Robz888
Robz888 (3): Joseph2302, Hydrad, Lalight
gkrieg13 (1): McMcsalot

not voting (3): Dsell, Galzria, DatSwan

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends, Saturday, September 01, 2018, 05:30:00 pm
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 29, 2018, 05:35:50 pm »

snip

What do you mean as all the votes are bad?  Galzria was coaching the traitor.  Robz pushed a bad (in hindsight) quickhammer, which is completely something scum!Robz would do (I agree that town!Robz would do it, but I think it is much less likely), and I think it is extremely unlikely that a town pushes a quickhammer on another town that 2 towns then execute.  Normally I would be putting the scumread on e, because I think it was a scummy hammer, but I think he had the towniest cop claim (with LaLight being an extremely close second).  You also literally say that Joseph's vote on Robz was not bad, then say that all the votes are bad.
I mean that I think the galz vote and robz votes are not likely votes for scum. The “galzria was coaching the traitor” argument is in my opinion a bad one, I think galz was just fleshing out plan, but admittedly I should take a second look at galz from yesterday. The robz votes are bad because as I explained he’s very likely to push a day one quicklynch as either alignment on a player who clearly many town players found scummy. I think the Joseph vote on robz was not scummy coming from Joseph (a player I don’t think is as good/effortfull in reads compared to you) and your sheep vote was opportunistic because it didn’t add to anything other than agree with Joseph, it’s all become increasingly scummy with your defense of the vote.

We should be lynching gkrieg

Scum and the traitor had a worst case scenario where both traitor and scum each claim cop.  Coaching the traitor (or really saying anything about the traitor) before everyone had claimed is scummy. 

I think Robz is much more likely to push a quicklynch as scum than he is as town. 

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 29, 2018, 05:43:02 pm »

Why in the hell are people so concerned with who sckum should be killing tonight.

STOOOOOOOOOOP

There is even a traitor who is loving his discussion. I’m so so sick of it.

Also swan your “try to catch the false cop plan” fails 99% of the time. The only scenario where he false cop doesn’t know what to claim for the targets alignment is if the false cop is the traitor who is forced to claim first and the target was framed and they state the true alignment. That’s it. It’s a far fetched plan hat wastes the cops potential actual results that become probable upon flips. So for Christ sake cops try and investigate different people who don’t get framed and aren’t the traitor, and let’s move on to scumhuntibg from our pool of vanilla townies.

Gkrieg defense did nothing for me.

I will stop discussing it. But there is a flaw in your reasoning. Tomorrow or sometime you should look at it.
real good. That’s how

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 29, 2018, 09:48:22 pm »

I don't think the Traitor is necessarily one of the cops, although there's a good chance of it. One reason being, this is a plan that two scum are more likely to have come up with than one scum on his own.

I want to call this a scum slip, but traitor know mafia instead of the other way around.

Why would this be a scumslip? What is scumslip-y about this?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 29, 2018, 11:53:49 pm »

Iguana: If a (sane) cop investigates the traitor the same night that the mafia kill the traitor, would the traitor show up as town or scum?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2018, 11:54:15 pm »

Iguana: If a (sane) cop investigates the traitor the same night that the mafia kill the traitor, would the traitor show up as town or scum?

And by kill, I obviously mean recruit.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 30, 2018, 12:32:32 am »

I mean II can confirm, but normally kill is the last resolution right? so they should show up town if left alone and Skum if framed.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 30, 2018, 12:33:37 am »

Why would this be a scumslip? What is scumslip-y about this?

#SpaceReasoning :P
real good. That’s how

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 30, 2018, 01:10:37 am »

I can do rereads on Gkrieg and Hydrad today, probably.

This didn't happen and I didn't have a lot of time for close reading of everything that happened today. I'm anticipating having some time tomorrow so I will really make an effort to do these rereads.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2018, 02:21:14 am »

Doesn't the traitor know the scum?
So they would know if a scum fake claimed
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2018, 02:50:08 am »

Doesn't the traitor know the scum?
So they would know if a scum fake claimed

The traitor claimed to be put in the lynch pool.
The situation should be looked at as "Traitor claimed to narrow CC and be put in the lynch pool" it is the clear play.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2018, 02:59:12 am »

so the cops are no longer IC.
and the populous does not want to lynch within the cops.

If we lynch within cops today then tomorrow we wake up to either "2 of the cops" (so traitor and a cop), or 1 cop (so they are the traitor). Worst case we have a 50-50 tomorrow. Why do we not want to lynch inside today? Giving more options to skum just seems like a bad game plan.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2018, 03:00:11 am »

so the cops are no longer IC.
and the populous does not want to lynch within the cops.

If we lynch within cops today then tomorrow we wake up to either "2 of the cops" (so traitor and a cop), or 1 cop (so they are the traitor). Worst case we have a 50-50 tomorrow. Why do we not want to lynch inside today? Giving more options to skum just seems like a bad game plan.

this is predicated on the absolute fact that skum will CLEARLY kill within the cop pool tonight (because you are wrong if you disagree, the fake cop is the traitor).
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 30, 2018, 03:00:59 am »

vote:LaLaight
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2018, 03:03:00 am »

Details.

Vote: LaLight
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 30, 2018, 03:12:53 am »

The ideal of voting outside the pool is dumb. We have a way better end game chance by voting within because we (while knowing sanity) do not know if someone was framed tomorrow. Let's say I am wrong and it is Skum and not the Traitor. Then whatever!!!! We have the same odds of finding skum today within the cops (way better than outside) and if it is skum and not traitor then they have to choose WIFOM or shooting outside the cop pool to find the traitor/unknown cop.

There was no fucking info from Day 1! What are we to make a lynch off of outside the pool?
The quicklynch - nope can't do that because they are in the cop pool.
LL/GK? well it cant be LL because they are in the cop pool (cough *set up* cough).
It is pitted against us!
GK and Galz are too obvious. Those players is how this skum tactic makes sense!

I wanna lynch in the cops, like for real even if it is me. But if that happens then the insane cop needs to keep shut and you need to lynch one of the other two tomorrow. Worst case we are -1 on the "IC cop set up" but we gain a free kill and the Insane Cop doesn't have to out for it.

Skum hasn't played well to this point, we have played shitty. Start thinking about how things play out.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.616 seconds with 23 queries.