Awaclus
- 2 (15.4%)
McMcsalot
- 5 (38.5%)
pingpongsam lol
- 6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 123382 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Day Two!)
« Reply #475 on: August 28, 2018, 03:40:36 pm »

But I'm not totally seeing the Dsell scum evidence. I think I'd prefer Glaz over Dsell, if these become the only 2 options.
But Robz really doesn't seem towny to me. What has he actually contributed this game, except a quicklynch?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2018, 03:41:41 pm »

I like gkrieg. Won't be voting there today.

Mcmc I'm also liking his last post so he's townies.

I could totally do a robz vote.

So Vote: robz

Even though we aren't lynching them today I think dat swan is like 10% scum lalight 40% and e 50%.

I think lalight is in a scummier position but his attitude is just feeling more like a town player I guess
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 28, 2018, 03:50:42 pm »

Even though we aren't lynching them today I think dat swan is like 10% scum lalight 40% and e 50%.

I think lalight is in a scummier position but his attitude is just feeling more like a town player I guess
I'd prefer if we didn't give scum info on who our towniest cops are. We want to limit their information

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 28, 2018, 03:51:17 pm »

And we don't need to give away that information until such a time as we want to lynch a claimed cop

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 28, 2018, 03:54:57 pm »

I'd prefer if we didn't give scum info on who our towniest cops are. We want to limit their information

I guess. But honestly I'd be surprised if they even shoot a cop.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: August 28, 2018, 04:00:13 pm »

We do not have 2 ICs. I was talking about a hypothetical situation in which Scum DatSwan claimed to be the insane cop, after seeing that the actual insane cop did not claim.

To expand on this - LaLight was saying that DatSwan has to be telling the truth, because scum in DatSwan's situation would have simply claimed insane cop.

I pointed out that this is not necessarily beneficial for Scum DatSwan because it sets up a 1 v 1 - even if we lynch the wrong person on the first day, we will correctly kill scum DatSwan on the second day. And in this scenario, the sane cops are unopposed, so we would have gotten 2 IC cops.
I agree that DatSwan is most likely town because of this. Because there was a safe fake claim for them, and they chose not to take it

I'm actually saying the exact opposite here. If DatSwan is scum, I think he made the smart move by claiming sane cop, rather than insane cop. If he had claimed insane cop, I think there was a good chance he would die tomorrow. By claiming sane cop, it makes the water really murky and we have 3 people who most likely have 1 scum between them, but it's too big of a risk to lynch any of them.

But that's only if DatSwan is scum. DatSwan could be town and telling the truth, and someone else fakeclaimed for a different reason.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 28, 2018, 04:02:13 pm »

We do not have 2 ICs. I was talking about a hypothetical situation in which Scum DatSwan claimed to be the insane cop, after seeing that the actual insane cop did not claim.

To expand on this - LaLight was saying that DatSwan has to be telling the truth, because scum in DatSwan's situation would have simply claimed insane cop.

I pointed out that this is not necessarily beneficial for Scum DatSwan because it sets up a 1 v 1 - even if we lynch the wrong person on the first day, we will correctly kill scum DatSwan on the second day. And in this scenario, the sane cops are unopposed, so we would have gotten 2 IC cops.
I agree that DatSwan is most likely town because of this. Because there was a safe fake claim for them, and they chose not to take it

I'm actually saying the exact opposite here. If DatSwan is scum, I think he made the smart move by claiming sane cop, rather than insane cop. If he had claimed insane cop, I think there was a good chance he would die tomorrow. By claiming sane cop, it makes the water really murky and we have 3 people who most likely have 1 scum between them, but it's too big of a risk to lynch any of them.

But that's only if DatSwan is scum. DatSwan could be town and telling the truth, and someone else fakeclaimed for a different reason.

I agree that datswan could have made that play. I guess if it was like a Faust or someone that made datswans play I would be more suspicious but datswan to me really feels town with that.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 28, 2018, 06:08:13 pm »

Seal at Strawberry Hill Pulloff

Vote count 2.3

Galzria (3): DatSwan, Awaclus, Lalight
Hydrad (1): 2.71828...
Robz888 (3): Joseph2302, gkrieg13, Hydrad

not voting (4): McMcsalot, Robz888, Dsell, Galzria

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends, Saturday, September 01, 2018, 05:30:00 pm
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 06:10:21 pm by iguanaiguana »
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 28, 2018, 06:09:38 pm »

I'll be catching up shortly.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 28, 2018, 06:32:02 pm »

vote: galzria

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 28, 2018, 06:52:18 pm »

unvote
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 28, 2018, 07:32:27 pm »

vote: gkrieg
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 28, 2018, 09:34:43 pm »

Okay, I just read all of Day 2 so far. Had not seen that we have a silent Insane Cop (that sounds creepy...) until just now. Game just got a whole lot more exciting!

Apologies for my lurking, this game has my full attention now.

I've been going back and forth on the three cops. At first I was willing to give DatSwan IC status, but I really don't like that he chimed in after all the claims and then ****waited**** to say anything about how his result screws up everything. I think this significantly raises the chances of a scum DS who slowly worked it out in his personal QT that faking a town result would be a strong move.

I also agree with this post:

So I'm probably 50% certain DatSwan is scum, and 25% a piece for LL and E. LL seems townier, but E's quickhammer actually seems more likely to come from town IMO.

I'm pretty uncertain on the rest of you. Let's keep in mind it's really important not to quickhammer now, if we run the Insane Cop up to L-1 we need to give 'em time to claim.

I could see Galzria as scum but I'm far from certain. Dsell, too--not sure if this is first-game-back enthusiasm or scum enthusiasm.

Mcmc seems slightly townie to me, though not screaming obv!town as much as usual. Joseph seems town but I basically always read him as town. No read on Awaclus or hydrad, could be scum there, too.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 28, 2018, 09:35:07 pm »

Oh, and I forgot gkrieg. Not a terrible lynch.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 28, 2018, 09:42:27 pm »

The one funny thing about this game is assuming the claimed cop is the traitor is even the scum team is trying to figure out which one is the traitor. Which makes it really hard to even gain info once we know who the traitor is because scums reactions to them don't mean as much.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 28, 2018, 09:43:59 pm »

Good point! Vote: Hydrad

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 28, 2018, 09:45:06 pm »

this one i'm actually confused about why you would vote me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 28, 2018, 09:46:01 pm »

You: "I don't know who the Traitor is, because I'm mafia and we didn't get that information. I'm just as confused as you!"

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 28, 2018, 09:48:54 pm »

You: "I don't know who the Traitor is, because I'm mafia and we didn't get that information. I'm just as confused as you!"

hmm. i guess you could see it that way. fair enough.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 28, 2018, 10:17:47 pm »

I could see Galzria as scum but I'm far from certain. Dsell, too--not sure if this is first-game-back enthusiasm or scum enthusiasm.

First-game-back enthusiasm!  ;D
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 29, 2018, 03:08:42 am »

Anyone who thinks that Skum is not gonna kill within the cops at this point is wrong. They either remove an IC or find their Traitor. It is the easiest choice in the world.

Allow me to fuck with that.

We have an unknown Cop out there that can verify any result.

I think the play is for all "cops" to decide on 2 total targets, that are not in the cop pool.
Town should vote who the 1 cop should be and who the 2 cops should be. Since the Traitor knows the Skum Players I cannot decide if it is beneficial or not if cops are involved in that vote. I want to say that cops should not have a vote in the selection, but I am not sure whether the WIFOM or gained knowledge is greater from that decision.
We then decide who should cop whom (whom should cop who?) - that assuredly should be a non-cop decision.
We then proceed to lynch outside the Cop Pool.

This would put Skum in the mindset of options as follows:
1) Framing is nullified for the night.
2) Kill one of the assured targets or take the 50-50 (think about it, it matter... because Traitor knows Skum, but Skum does NOT know traitor)
---- To elaborate, if we set an order for claims, they will have no way of knowing which decision is beneficial for them----
3) Kill a cop. This is an option. They have a 33% chance of finding the traitor. Buttttt, because of the UnkCop, if they do that we will get UnkCop+Result+reduced field within "cops"... soo it kind of limits their options on the next day. Town either has a greater chance lynching within the remaining cops or UKCop gets a result and we don't even have to try. 

So the UKCop should always pick the target from the double cop team. Either they both wake up with results and the UKCop can verify or deny those results, or only one wakes up and it puts skum in a 50-50 chance place of guessing correctly. And then there is the added benefit that if the player is one of the 2 skum we find them anyways.

Essentially, by implementing this plan it forces Skum to have to choose between killing a cop or killing a target. If they choose target, then there is a 50-50 chance the unkown cop can speak up and we have either an IC or skum. If they choose a cop - then either they find the traitor, and we still have a result, or they find a cop and we narrow the traitor down to 2 people and we still have a result. So it forces them into making a bad decision about limiting the "not cop" pool and not looking for the traitor, or limiting the cop pool knowing a traitor is still within it.

I cannot find a flaw in this. Obv the known cops have to claim first tomorrow. I volunteer to be the first to claim if the idea is taken, though we should decide on a second and third as well. For the second and third choice I have no problem with either being removed or being the first (or any order).

Dsell and Galz input on my assured errors would be appreciated.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 29, 2018, 03:14:06 am »

god kill me... Awaclus - could you read that over and lmk what you think please.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 29, 2018, 03:30:02 am »

I believe that there is skum in Robz/GK/Joseph.
real good. That’s how

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #498 on: August 29, 2018, 05:53:33 am »

Anyone who thinks that Skum is not gonna kill within the cops at this point is wrong. They either remove an IC or find their Traitor. It is the easiest choice in the world.

Allow me to fuck with that.

We have an unknown Cop out there that can verify any result.

I think the play is for all "cops" to decide on 2 total targets, that are not in the cop pool.
Town should vote who the 1 cop should be and who the 2 cops should be. Since the Traitor knows the Skum Players I cannot decide if it is beneficial or not if cops are involved in that vote. I want to say that cops should not have a vote in the selection, but I am not sure whether the WIFOM or gained knowledge is greater from that decision.
We then decide who should cop whom (whom should cop who?) - that assuredly should be a non-cop decision.
We then proceed to lynch outside the Cop Pool.

This would put Skum in the mindset of options as follows:
1) Framing is nullified for the night.
2) Kill one of the assured targets or take the 50-50 (think about it, it matter... because Traitor knows Skum, but Skum does NOT know traitor)
---- To elaborate, if we set an order for claims, they will have no way of knowing which decision is beneficial for them----
3) Kill a cop. This is an option. They have a 33% chance of finding the traitor. Buttttt, because of the UnkCop, if they do that we will get UnkCop+Result+reduced field within "cops"... soo it kind of limits their options on the next day. Town either has a greater chance lynching within the remaining cops or UKCop gets a result and we don't even have to try. 

So the UKCop should always pick the target from the double cop team. Either they both wake up with results and the UKCop can verify or deny those results, or only one wakes up and it puts skum in a 50-50 chance place of guessing correctly. And then there is the added benefit that if the player is one of the 2 skum we find them anyways.

Essentially, by implementing this plan it forces Skum to have to choose between killing a cop or killing a target. If they choose target, then there is a 50-50 chance the unkown cop can speak up and we have either an IC or skum. If they choose a cop - then either they find the traitor, and we still have a result, or they find a cop and we narrow the traitor down to 2 people and we still have a result. So it forces them into making a bad decision about limiting the "not cop" pool and not looking for the traitor, or limiting the cop pool knowing a traitor is still within it.

I cannot find a flaw in this. Obv the known cops have to claim first tomorrow. I volunteer to be the first to claim if the idea is taken, though we should decide on a second and third as well. For the second and third choice I have no problem with either being removed or being the first (or any order).

I don't get it. Why is framing nullified for the night?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 29, 2018, 07:56:50 am »

Galzria is so hard to lynch and Robz' wagon began the same size so quickly

Coincidence?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 23 queries.