Awaclus
- 2 (15.4%)
McMcsalot
- 5 (38.5%)
pingpongsam lol
- 6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 123436 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Day Two!)
« Reply #350 on: August 27, 2018, 04:54:51 pm »

So we have 2 claimed sane cops, and 1 claimed insane cops. That's great, because we have 3 ICs.

From here, we should be able to get lots of useful information to IC more people

PPE: 1

I know you said you're out today and will try to reread tonight - when you do that I would love for you to give some reads and give some stances. I just did a reread of every post you've made in the whole game thus far and it took about 20 seconds. And a lot of it was Information Instead of Analysis, which is exactly what the post above is. If you are town, I believe you can be more helpful than this. If you are scum, I do not want you to be able to lurk your way out of a lynch/into a win.

This is kinda his playstyle. I am massively leaning that Joseph is town, townier than anyone in this game just because of this. Have you two met?
Nah I don't think we've played before
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 27, 2018, 05:20:33 pm »

So we have 3 scum in: {Galzria, Awaclus, Mcmc, Robz, Joseph, Hydrad, Dsell, Gkrieg} so these are the people I'll focus on (as rest are ICs)

Joseph: Definitely town
Dsell: I think it's towny that they're asking people (me) to contribute more. Because there seems to be a recurring problem that people don't contribute much, so games stall, and then because they're stalled, no-one contributes etc.. So encouraging more contribution is towny IMO
Robz: Encouraged the quicklynch D1, and D2 all he's done so far as I can see is try and defend the quicklynch. Seems scummy to me, as I don't see the benefit of quicklynch, primarily for reason below.
Awaclus: Contributed more than his usual non-existent amounts. Made a good point in #203 that as we were going with a faust constructed plan, we should've had more time for faust to sort out the plan. Town points for this
Hydrad: Reply #310 "so the reason i was dissapointed was I was pretty sure when faust died that we were going to have a high chance in finding scum." Well we've got a 3 in 8 chance now anyway, those are pretty decent odds. Not sure why so disappointed? Also that post makes me think they've thought A LOT about fake claims, something that only scum would need to think about so much

I'll look at rest tomorrow, because I've been out all day and I need sleep now.
But TL:DR- town order: Joseph > Awaclus > dsell > Hydrad > Robz, will add others in there tomorrow

Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2018, 05:33:55 pm »

Hole in the Wall at Rialto Beach

Vote count 2.2

Dsell (1): gkrieg13
Galzria (2): DatSwan, Hydrad
Hydrad (2): 2.71828..., Lalight

not voting (6): Awaclus, McMcsalot, Robz888, Joseph2302, Dsell, Galzria

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends, Saturday, September 01, 2018, 05:30:00 pm
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2018, 06:09:56 pm »

I'm on my phone so I can't easily check. But I basically forgot mcmc was in this game. Which I feel like is weird for me to forget mcmc. He's usually someone I remember easily. I will give him minor scum points for this.

My scum list right now is galz > mcmc > robz > joesph.

Not worried about the others as much yet.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2018, 06:25:26 pm »

Vla until Wednesday, will catch up then.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2018, 06:53:55 pm »

I'm on my phone so I can't easily check. But I basically forgot mcmc was in this game. Which I feel like is weird for me to forget mcmc. He's usually someone I remember easily. I will give him minor scum points for this.

My scum list right now is galz > mcmc > robz > joesph.

Not worried about the others as much yet.

I’m being weirdly absent. I had a busy weekend and didn’t devote he amount of time I should have this morning. What’s your galz case?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 27, 2018, 07:45:43 pm »

as for who is scummy out of the "vts" galz this game is feeling scummy to me just because I feel like he was fighting the plan the most out of everyone. Which doesn't mean its really a bad thing. Its just in my eyes it was so towny of a plan that I couldn't really understand why galz would fight it. I guess there is also the thought that if he was scum would he step out that far to fight it and make himself the center of attention?

Either way I don't have many other reads I think so

Vote: Galz
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 27, 2018, 07:56:53 pm »

as for who is scummy out of the "vts" galz this game is feeling scummy to me just because I feel like he was fighting the plan the most out of everyone. Which doesn't mean its really a bad thing. Its just in my eyes it was so towny of a plan that I couldn't really understand why galz would fight it. I guess there is also the thought that if he was scum would he step out that far to fight it and make himself the center of attention?

Either way I don't have many other reads I think so

Vote: Galz

There's a big difference between "fighting the plan", and "critically thinking through the plan". It's always, always, in town's best interest to consider the worst possible ways that any given plan can come back to hurt them, instead of just blindly following along. Simply accepting, without question, is a far scummier trait.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2018, 08:11:19 pm »

unvote

God Idk how to handle this and I have been thinking about it for like a whole day now. I hate to open this up to another CC possibility, but just in case either LL or e! like didn’t actually search Faust or some other reason... I’m just gonna our it. If one of you had a pro play in the makes and I’m messing it up I’m sorry.

I am a cop and i also (meaning the 3rd of 3) searched Faust last night and my result was he was town.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2018, 08:24:26 pm »

unvote

God Idk how to handle this and I have been thinking about it for like a whole day now. I hate to open this up to another CC possibility, but just in case either LL or e! like didn’t actually search Faust or some other reason... I’m just gonna our it. If one of you had a pro play in the makes and I’m messing it up I’m sorry.

I am a cop and i also (meaning the 3rd of 3) searched Faust last night and my result was he was town.

The... what?

LL & e - if either of you were lying about your results, then I think... don't reveal at this time. You both know the truth about the each other, based on what you yourselves actually are. This means that even if scum kills one of you tonight, the other can still reveal the correct cop alignments tomorrow.

Rest of town - If one of you is actually an Insane cop that didn't claim... then I really don't know what to do or say. If you claim now, you could just be a traitor (to the rest of us) trying to force a bad lynch amongst the three sane cop claims - and then if one of them flips their result under the guise of a "gambit".... ugh. That's a bloody mess. At least we would have 50/50 lynch chance?

Assuming no other claim is forthcoming, I see absolutely no reason for Swan, claiming last, to have lied here - so he is, at the very least, a confirmed and truthful SANE cop.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2018, 08:28:32 pm »

Now I'm all kinds of confused.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 27, 2018, 08:29:43 pm »

unvote

The... what?

LL & e - if either of you were lying about your results, then I think... don't reveal at this time. You both know the truth about the each other, based on what you yourselves actually are. This means that even if scum kills one of you tonight, the other can still reveal the correct cop alignments tomorrow.

Rest of town - If one of you is actually an Insane cop that didn't claim... then I really don't know what to do or say. If you claim now, you could just be a traitor (to the rest of us) trying to force a bad lynch amongst the three sane cop claims - and then if one of them flips their result under the guise of a "gambit".... ugh. That's a bloody mess. At least we would have 50/50 lynch chance?

Assuming no other claim is forthcoming, I see absolutely no reason for Swan, claiming last, to have lied here - so he is, at the very least, a confirmed and truthful SANE cop.

Why is your first thing to go to that an insane cop didn't claim?  Why wouldn't you first assume that e or LaLight screwed up their claims?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 27, 2018, 08:30:54 pm »

unvote

The... what?

Why is your first thing to go to that an insane cop didn't claim?  Why wouldn't you first assume that e or LaLight screwed up their claims?

Because that seems more likely than someone messed up their claims.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 27, 2018, 08:32:22 pm »

unvote

The... what?

Or rather, them messing up unintentionally doesn't seem all that likely. That's like, not something that should happen. So that leaves two options:

It was messed up intentionally (covered), or there's an insane cop that didn't claim somewhere.

Mafia Record:

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #364 on: August 27, 2018, 08:36:15 pm »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #365 on: August 27, 2018, 08:45:42 pm »

Are you sure you're not giving instructions to the traitor here?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2018, 09:02:02 pm »

What the
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 27, 2018, 09:03:15 pm »

Galz seems salient.

Awaclus could you explain that more?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 27, 2018, 09:05:02 pm »

Are you sure you're not giving instructions to the traitor here?

I'm not sure if you're being funny here or not, as Gkrieg isolated my second paragraph, and now you've isolated my first.

Ideally, no, one of the two (Ll/e) is lying town for some perceived town benefit (first paragraph applies). If that's not the case, and one of them is scum, then we're in the situation where the true insane cop chose not to claim for some perceived town benefit (second paragraph applies).

If you were so inclined, you could argue that my second paragraph is "instructing the traitor" - but the following outcomes are all that exist, and none of them "great" for scum:

1. True Insane Cop claims from VT's, no Sane Cops flip their results: We have a 1-in-3 lynch pool, that almost certainly excludes Datswan (consider his position as a Traitor here), so really it's more of a 1-in-2 lynch pool.

2. True Insane Cop claims from VT's, one Sane Cop flips his results: We have a 1-in-2 lynch pool on the Insane Cops.

3. Traitor claims Insane Cop results from VT's, one Sane Cop flips his results: We have a 1-in-2 lynch pool on the Insane Cops.

So I believe that in a world where the traitor chooses now to get involved (assuming that LaLight/e aren't one of themselves the Traitor), they're setting up at best a 1-for-1 with town.

Mafia Record:

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #369 on: August 27, 2018, 09:14:05 pm »

Awaclus could you explain that more?

Galzria said this:

LL & e - if either of you were lying about your results, then I think... don't reveal at this time.

Galzria might as well have said this:

LL & e - if either of you is the traitor, then I think... don't pretend that you're town who lied about their results.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 27, 2018, 09:14:39 pm »

unvote

The... what?

And also let’s be honest - after lost there is like a 0% chance LL messes up lol
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 27, 2018, 09:41:02 pm »

I definitely investigated faust and definitely got town-aligned.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 27, 2018, 09:49:13 pm »

No matter what scum did, we do know that town lied.  Personally, I think the insane cop probably lied about being a VT.  Which means that LaLight or Datswan is scum.  Or LaLight/DatSwan is lying town and actually insane.  In which case I would say LaLight is the one lying, because Datswan has absolutely zero motive to lie here.

either way, unvote until we have a chance for more people to weigh in.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 27, 2018, 09:57:58 pm »

No matter what scum did, we do know that town lied.  Personally, I think the insane cop probably lied about being a VT.  Which means that LaLight or Datswan is scum.  Or LaLight/DatSwan is lying town and actually insane.  In which case I would say LaLight is the one lying, because Datswan has absolutely zero motive to lie here.

either way, unvote until we have a chance for more people to weigh in.

I am rereading the beginning of the day and we were still talking about claim order and LaLight did just jump in to claim before we'd decided on an order. At the time this did really confuse me since I thought we were still discussing and I did NOT like doing signup order.

It is possible that another cop decided not to claim after seeing two cops claim right away... Except that the supposed unclaimed cop is the insane one, so at the time there would have been no contradictory claims. Still pretty confused.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2018, 10:02:13 pm »

My gut reaction is to examine the thread for who may have lied about being a VT and is actually an insane cop, but speculation down this line can only help scum, so I don't think we should do that.

But like, I seriously doubt LaLight lied about their claim (lied, as in they will come out as insane).  It just does not feel like something LaLight does here as town or scum.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 23 queries.