Awaclus
- 2 (15.4%)
McMcsalot
- 5 (38.5%)
pingpongsam lol
- 6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 123230 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Day Two!)
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2018, 10:35:21 pm »

point out my flaw in logic then
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2018, 10:35:54 pm »

Wow the cop claim plan is extremely flawed to be pursued at this point.

FAUST FLIPPED TOWN!!!

So if you are a Cop, assuming you investigated Faust, you got one of the following results:

1) Faust is Town (which he was) - So you are sane.

2) Faust is Skum (which he isn't) - So you are insane.

There is a 0% reason for the cops to claim.

Someone correct me.

Faust could have been framed.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2018, 10:37:38 pm »

Wow the cop claim plan is extremely flawed to be pursued at this point.

FAUST FLIPPED TOWN!!!

So if you are a Cop, assuming you investigated Faust, you got one of the following results:

1) Faust is Town (which he was) - So you are sane.

2) Faust is Skum (which he isn't) - So you are insane.

There is a 0% reason for the cops to claim.

Someone correct me.

Faust could have been framed.

^^^^^
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2018, 10:39:32 pm »

actually I am wrong nvm.
But galz voted me based on my post prior to my mistake. What is skummy about my approach to deciding the order Galz?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2018, 10:40:11 pm »

Also, still fine with voting Galz. Super more fine with it if we do they claim and they are not a cop.
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2018, 10:41:53 pm »

actually I am wrong nvm.
But galz voted me based on my post prior to my mistake. What is skummy about my approach to deciding the order Galz?

A) More people alive favors town, not scum
B) Your method is needlessly complex and is designed to drag out the claiming process by days as we are constantly waiting for players timezones to align over and over.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2018, 10:56:43 pm »

A) Wrong. Less people alive, easier to deduce skum after the fact.
B) My method takes like 8 additional seconds.
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2018, 11:10:25 pm »

Your point is nonsensical. You said that more people alive give scum more strength when it comes to claiming via a popcorn method - this is simply untrue. The greater the ratio of town to scum, the less scum can control the order of claims. Further, you're now claiming something completely different, something unrelated to anything you said in the first post - that the fewer people alive the easier it is deduce scum after the fact.

This is also untrue, as we're going to see 3 claims, maybe 4 in total, and we already know what they are. Cop, Cop, Cop, and maybe Cop. It's not as if scum can fakeclaim something here - the two members of the mafia team will be claiming VT just like every other VT in the game. What order they get to do so in is irrelevant, and any attempt to draw conclusions based on claiming order will ultimately lead to no useful ends. The only player that can reasonably fakeclaim isn't known to anybody but himself, and thus the only thing we want to avoid is that player getting to claim early.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2018, 11:15:21 pm »

Your point is nonsensical. You said that more people alive give scum more strength when it comes to claiming via a popcorn method - this is simply untrue. The greater the ratio of town to scum, the less scum can control the order of claims. Further, you're now claiming something completely different, something unrelated to anything you said in the first post - that the fewer people alive the easier it is deduce scum after the fact.

This is also untrue, as we're going to see 3 claims, maybe 4 in total, and we already know what they are. Cop, Cop, Cop, and maybe Cop. It's not as if scum can fakeclaim something here - the two members of the mafia team will be claiming VT just like every other VT in the game. What order they get to do so in is irrelevant, and any attempt to draw conclusions based on claiming order will ultimately lead to no useful ends. The only player that can reasonably fakeclaim isn't known to anybody but himself, and thus the only thing we want to avoid is that player getting to claim early.

I endorse this. Especially the last sentence.

Though I will point out, they are dis-incentivized from fake claiming early, since they could mistakenly claim the same thing as the two sane cops.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2018, 11:25:19 pm »

Though I will point out, they are dis-incentivized from fake claiming early, since they could mistakenly claim the same thing as the two sane cops.

Sorry, my last word was obviously backwards - we don't want them to claim LATE, as they can then match their claim. Early forces them to choose not to claim, or to risk claiming incorrectly.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2018, 11:40:43 pm »

Sorry, my last word was obviously backwards - we don't want them to claim LATE, as they can then match their claim. Early forces them to choose not to claim, or to risk claiming incorrectly.

I don't see a way to FORCE them to claim early though - if we do it randomly they have a chance to get the last, safest spot randomly.

We want them to feel PRESSURE to claim early, for the reasons you mentioned. But I don't see a way to force it. Hence, there needs to be a lot of suspicion on the late claimants - assuming there wasn't a bungled claim (like 3 people claiming a guilty result).

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2018, 11:55:32 pm »

You know what - given the setup of this game, where the only claimed PR is a cop, you are probably right.
I still think your skum - but i concede this point.
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2018, 12:05:39 am »

I don't see a way to FORCE them to claim early though - if we do it randomly they have a chance to get the last, safest spot randomly.

We want them to feel PRESSURE to claim early, for the reasons you mentioned. But I don't see a way to force it. Hence, there needs to be a lot of suspicion on the late claimants - assuming there wasn't a bungled claim (like 3 people claiming a guilty result).

That's why I liked the idea of a popcorn claim. If each player popcorns their highest scum read, we increase the chances of forcing* an earlier claim... at least, the increase in chance is about equal to the quality of our reads. It may not be much but... it's about the best I can think of outside of letting randomness decide if we get lucky or not.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2018, 12:14:26 am »

That's why I liked the idea of a popcorn claim. If each player popcorns their highest scum read, we increase the chances of forcing* an earlier claim... at least, the increase in chance is about equal to the quality of our reads. It may not be much but... it's about the best I can think of outside of letting randomness decide if we get lucky or not.

Are you suggesting that we popcorn and claim both role and alignment at the same time?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2018, 12:37:34 am »

Are you suggesting that we popcorn and claim both role and alignment at the same time?

I think that's ultimately the safer bet...

If we don't do so, if we make a cop claim and then make a results claim, then the order we go in now (first round) doesn't matter - either the traitor is or is not going to claim cop. He can do so first, or he can do so last - it doesn't actually change anything.

At that point, on the second round of claiming, we want to try and force the traitor to claim early - but is there any feasible way to do so?

If we claim both at the same time, ultimately we run into the same issue... except that if, say, the traitor is called on early to claim they may choose not to claim instead of risk messing it up. In this case, we'll at least get 3 IC's out of the claiming process. And if they don't like the sound of that, then let them claim and risk it.

I guess ultimately I think the risk of them getting to go last is about the same, but the benefit of doing both forces an early traitor into deciding to risk the claim at all or not.

Mafia Record:

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2018, 02:37:28 am »

Why don’t we claim Cop/Not Cop first and then decide on claiming results? Oh and vote: Galz
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2018, 02:42:21 am »

I think Galz, Awaclus and probably DatSwan are scum

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2018, 02:57:16 am »

Why don’t we claim Cop/Not Cop first and then decide on claiming results?
Agreed.  Or we can spend the whole D2 arguing about the claim method and order and do nothing instead....
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2018, 03:15:49 am »

Now everyone in signup order claim Cop/Not Cop

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2018, 03:16:29 am »

I am Cop. Galzria next.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2018, 03:22:08 am »

I am Cop. Galzria next.

Not until you claim results.

Mafia Record:

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2018, 03:23:08 am »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2018, 03:23:52 am »

I am Cop. Galzria next.

Why?

I'll claim now if you agree to claim results as the first claim after cop/no cop claims.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2018, 03:24:13 am »

I am Cop. Galzria next.

Why?

I'll claim now if you agree to claim results as the first claim after cop/no cop claims.

Otherwise, claim results now

Mafia Record:

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2018, 03:25:30 am »

I am Cop. Galzria next.

Why?

again, why is that?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 23 queries.