Awaclus
- 2 (15.4%)
McMcsalot
- 5 (38.5%)
pingpongsam lol
- 6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 123208 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Day One!)
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2018, 10:37:02 am »

(Must be a new record for having placed votes on both Galzria and PPS)
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2018, 10:39:04 am »

What about that was scummy, even a little?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2018, 10:39:44 am »

You claiming something for no discernible reason is always scummy.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2018, 10:45:59 am »

You claiming something for no discernible reason is always scummy.

I pretty much always claim something. I rarely to never have discernible reasons. That said, you voting me has no meaningful indication, either.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2018, 10:46:34 am »

I forgot the important bit: We need to have a valid investigation target that is not a Cop. I am not a Cop.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2018, 10:53:33 am »

I forgot the important bit: We need to have a valid investigation target that is not a Cop. I am not a Cop.
Is there a reason for you quoting this?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2018, 10:54:31 am »

I like this plan because it also means faust won’t die N1

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2018, 10:54:59 am »

Is there a good reason to vote me for doing the exact same thing you did?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2018, 10:55:26 am »

I like this plan because it also means faust won’t die N1
So you want to die N1?  ;)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2018, 10:56:22 am »

vote: pps
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2018, 10:57:04 am »

Is there a good reason to vote me for doing the exact same thing you did?
My claiming this is part of my plan. It is completely unnecessary and even harmful for my plan to have more than one non-Cop claim. So you did not do the exact same thing I did. You did something stupid and pointless that helps scum subvert a plan that might be dangerous to them. You are scum.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2018, 10:59:36 am »

PPS that was very bad.

NO ONE ELSE SHOULD CLAIM TODAY.

Faust is very town. PPS could be bad town but it was anti-town, no doubt.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2018, 11:07:33 am »

We don't know if a cop can target himself (normally, I would assume no but the wording in the PM doesn't make it clear), so having one of the cops be the agreed upon target for investigation could ruin it, and having one of the insane cops killed would ruin it.
Yes, this is why I claimed not Cop. I will be the target. I also have a backup plan for the death of a Cop, but I don't think I want to talk about it today. Suffice to say I should still be checked if a Cop dies.

Oh, I see.

What if scum fakeclaims cop with the sane cop's result, wouldn't that also mess up the plan? We wouldn't know who is sane and who isn't, since there's an equal number of both results, and it is a very safe fakeclaim for scum.

Hey, I'm hoping you mean that scum would fakeclaim with the insane cop's results to create an equal number. There are 2 sane cops and 1 insane cop. So it wouldn't be equal if they claimed sane, it'd be 3-1.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2018, 11:39:30 am »

We don't know if a cop can target himself (normally, I would assume no but the wording in the PM doesn't make it clear), so having one of the cops be the agreed upon target for investigation could ruin it, and having one of the insane cops killed would ruin it.
Yes, this is why I claimed not Cop. I will be the target. I also have a backup plan for the death of a Cop, but I don't think I want to talk about it today. Suffice to say I should still be checked if a Cop dies.

Oh, I see.

What if scum fakeclaims cop with the sane cop's result, wouldn't that also mess up the plan? We wouldn't know who is sane and who isn't, since there's an equal number of both results, and it is a very safe fakeclaim for scum.

Hey, I'm hoping you mean that scum would fakeclaim with the insane cop's results to create an equal number. There are 2 sane cops and 1 insane cop. So it wouldn't be equal if they claimed sane, it'd be 3-1.

...yeah. I misread the setup to be 2 insane, 1 sane.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2018, 11:59:36 am »

Oh, I see.

Also, if faust is scum, then the results will come back:

Guilty, Guilty, Not-Guilty

Yeah? Same as if, say, faust were town and framed by scum. This would be relevant because traitor, in particular, could claim not guilty and tell scum 50/50 who he is, without telling town anything extra because we don't know if faust is scum, or framed town.

Basically, the point is that scum know faust's alignment (assuming he's not traitor), and if he's town whether or not he's been framed. This makes traitor claiming the missing result a guaranteed 50/50 knowledge for scum....

Am I wrong or missing something?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2018, 11:59:58 am »

My stupidly silly, early reads list:

1. Lalight - towny
2. Galzria - scum
3. Awaclus - null, but read the setup bruh
4. e - null
5. McMcsalot - null
6. Robz888 - get your ass in here
7. Joseph2302 - null
8. Hydrad - slight scummy
9. Dsell - IC :-*
10. gkrieg13 - slightly towny possibly? mostly null
11. DatSwan - null
12. faust - very town
13. pingpongsam - bad, possibly bad town

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2018, 12:06:15 pm »

Oh, I see.

Yeah? Same as if, say, faust were town and framed by scum. This would be relevant because traitor, in particular, could claim not guilty and tell scum 50/50 who he is, without telling town anything extra because we don't know if faust is scum, or framed town.

Basically, the point is that scum know faust's alignment (assuming he's not traitor), and if he's town whether or not he's been framed. This makes traitor claiming the missing result a guaranteed 50/50 knowledge for scum....

You are missing something that makes this more favorable for town than you make it seem, but I don't want to talk about it.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2018, 12:41:33 pm »

Oh, I see.

You are missing something that makes this more favorable for town than you make it seem, but I don't want to talk about it.

I don't believe that I am, actually. To that point, and because I'm leaning towards this plan being more beneficial to scum due to the ability to safely fakeclaim in without telling town anything more than "There's 1 scum in 4 players", your post reads like scum trying to keep a pro!scum plan afloat by claiming it's really a townie plan, without backing up or supporting your argument.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2018, 12:46:06 pm »

Oh, I see.

I don't believe that I am, actually. To that point, and because I'm leaning towards this plan being more beneficial to scum due to the ability to safely fakeclaim in without telling town anything more than "There's 1 scum in 4 players", your post reads like scum trying to keep a pro!scum plan afloat by claiming it's really a townie plan, without backing up or supporting your argument.

More succinctly:

Maybe I am wrong and you are right. But all you've done is state an opinion with no backup or support. Without that, and as I have given reason for the plan to be bad for town, I must be forced to disregard your opinion as irrelevant and without merit.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2018, 12:51:23 pm »

Oh, I see.

And your post reads like directing the traitor.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2018, 12:56:27 pm »

Oh, I see.

And your post reads like directing the traitor.

Only if we do the plan, which I'm advocating we do not, and therefore your point doesn't parse.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2018, 12:59:35 pm »

Only if we do the plan, which I'm advocating we do not, and therefore your point doesn't parse.
What do you suggest we do instead?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2018, 01:27:01 pm »

I don't know that coordinating anything D1 is the best possible solution. Not all setups are solvable to the exclusive benefit of town - in fact I would say that most are not, and should not, be so.

Your plan may be marginally better for town - I don't know. I know that I can see obvious upsides to it for scum, in ways that don't help town. I'm not convinced that the knowledge of town Cops being 3/4 players is worth the tradeoff that scum gets. Unfortunately we DON'T get the knowledge of which cops are sane and which are not based on this plan. At least, not at first. We might be able to piece it together based off flips down the line, but is that better than regular, interaction based scum hunting?

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2018, 01:37:47 pm »

is that better than regular, interaction based scum hunting?
I don't see where in my plan I suggested to stop scumhunting.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2018, 01:40:40 pm »

I don't know that coordinating anything D1 is the best possible solution. Not all setups are solvable to the exclusive benefit of town - in fact I would say that most are not, and should not, be so.

Your plan may be marginally better for town - I don't know. I know that I can see obvious upsides to it for scum, in ways that don't help town. I'm not convinced that the knowledge of town Cops being 3/4 players is worth the tradeoff that scum gets. Unfortunately we DON'T get the knowledge of which cops are sane and which are not based on this plan. At least, not at first. We might be able to piece it together based off flips down the line, but is that better than regular, interaction based scum hunting?

Galzria, do you understand, that having 3 town in 4 players is better than having hundred not verifiable chaotic claims throughout the game? Say, 4 players claim scum. We take the most scummy (we still have, like, reads) and lynch him. We’ll have at least two ics which is better than just having cops with non-meaningful results after, cause this means nothing.

vote: Galzria, directing a traitor is exactly what you’re doing. Not even mentioning the i completely forgot traitor exists.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 23 queries.