Awaclus
- 2 (15.4%)
McMcsalot
- 5 (38.5%)
pingpongsam lol
- 6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 123226 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Day One!)
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2018, 02:08:03 am »

I feel pressured to live up to the expectations...

Let's vote: Galzria for now.

That's not unusual or unexpected, coming from you, afterall.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2018, 02:08:41 am »

Do you disagree with my assessment of LaLight?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2018, 02:08:54 am »

Hi everyone!

now that we are done with that, on to winning the game.  people who run probabilities: does a 10 VT vs 3 goons favor town or scum?  Because looking at the setup that is basically how I see it playing out.  I mean, MAYBE we can trust a cop result D3/D4, but even then scum may have framed the target.  I feel as if this is going to play out very much like a straight vanilla game
Following up on this. If we agree that Cops are pretty much useless even, we should absolutely push for a massclaim as that will inprove our lynch pool decisions.

But! I think there is a better way. And that is for all three Cops to investigate the same target N1. Then if they all would claim D2, every Cop knows their Sanity, so we basically have 3 full Cops starting D2. There is still Framing, but at least innocent results could be trusted.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2018, 02:09:27 am »

You mean because I'm so good at scumhunting?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2018, 02:10:21 am »

Hi everyone!

now that we are done with that, on to winning the game.  people who run probabilities: does a 10 VT vs 3 goons favor town or scum?  Because looking at the setup that is basically how I see it playing out.  I mean, MAYBE we can trust a cop result D3/D4, but even then scum may have framed the target.  I feel as if this is going to play out very much like a straight vanilla game
Following up on this. If we agree that Cops are pretty much useless even, we should absolutely push for a massclaim as that will inprove our lynch pool decisions.

But! I think there is a better way. And that is for all three Cops to investigate the same target N1. Then if they all would claim D2, every Cop knows their Sanity, so we basically have 3 full Cops starting D2. There is still Framing, but at least innocent results could be trusted.
I forgot the important bit: We need to have a valid investigation target that is not a Cop. I am not a Cop.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2018, 02:14:06 am »

I think he reads excited to be in a game. I don't think that is alignment-indicative. But I also think that people who already know he is town would be quick to take something like this as an alignment-tell, based on the thought that LaLight is obvious as town anyway and it would be better for them to be the first to townread him.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2018, 02:15:12 am »

Hi everyone!

I forgot the important bit: We need to have a valid investigation target that is not a Cop. I am not a Cop.

Wait but now scum just kills you and makes it not work. Especially since you are a high N1 kill target anyways
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2018, 02:17:27 am »

Hi everyone!

Wait but now scum just kills you and makes it not work. Especially since you are a high N1 kill target anyways
Why would it not work if they kill me?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2018, 02:19:44 am »

I'd suggest targeting another volunteer instead of Faust. But maybe we should hold out that claim to make sure it's the right call so that we don't all out cops instantly. But honestly a full mass claim isn't a terrible idea d1. We could use it as either 3ics or scum is a 1 in 4 kinda idea. Honestly both options look good to me since if they blend in with the cops then the won't want to night kill them and then cops might be able to get results
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2018, 02:21:25 am »

Hi everyone!

Why would it not work if they kill me?

Oh. Right. For some reason I thought it would like negate the result if they killed you since you would be dead so you couldn't be copped. But that's not how it works.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2018, 02:27:02 am »

The question of how we orchestrate a Cop claim D2 is nontrivial, but I it is beneficial for us to not discuss it today.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2018, 02:29:19 am »

How about I decide claim order. I'm fine with it.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2018, 02:29:35 am »

I think he reads excited to be in a game. I don't think that is alignment-indicative. But I also think that people who already know he is town would be quick to take something like this as an alignment-tell, based on the thought that LaLight is obvious as town anyway and it would be better for them to be the first to townread him.

I disagree, and you ignored the thrust of my point - that scum!LaLight isn't the type of player, excited or not, to throw himself in before allowing others to set the tone first.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2018, 02:30:47 am »

You mean because I'm so good at scumhunting?

To each their own opinion.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2018, 02:32:31 am »

I disagree, and you ignored the thrust of my point - that scum!LaLight isn't the type of player, excited or not, to throw himself in before allowing others to set the tone first.
Well then I disagree on that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2018, 02:33:58 am »

I'm not certain orchestrating a cop claim D2 is super useful - but I'll admit to having given it no real thought. It just feels wrong. Wasn't this setup run once before, where town did well based on good cop play? How was the setup handled in that game?

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2018, 02:35:52 am »

I'm not certain orchestrating a cop claim D2 is super useful - but I'll admit to having given it no real thought. It just feels wrong. Wasn't this setup run once before, where town did well based on good cop play? How was the setup handled in that game?
This setup wasn't run here, only a different one where I think there was some randomness involved in sanities.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2018, 02:36:30 am »

Mafia! It's been so long since I've played or even thought about forum mafia. I have poked around one or two games but am not up on any metas. I've also never played or heard of this scenario until reading about this, but it seems interesting.

I remember five people pretty well (Galz, Robz, PPS, faust, mcmc), and seven at least a lil (e and hydrad). You others are all new to me! Though I've seen Awaclus posting everywhere besides forum games a bunch.

Any crazy meta things I should be aware of?

I'll walk you through it as well as I could.

Lalight - That's me, a lot of played game, overly enthusiastic, always shitty reads, always thinking someone is making some crazy gambit and suspecting Innocent Children. My alignment will be obvious at least on D3, so there's no reason to lynch me ever, also I was chosen as the most fun to play with in 2017.

Galzria - he is awesome! Came back after long hiatus, ultrascum player and when town killing with his accurate reads. You probably know him, but now he's a killing machin. Let's hope he's town.

Awaclus - he is awesome! Awaclus is always playing for the win and it makes him scary opponent if you are scum and he puts his eye on you! When he's scum, he is usually overly helpful, but people just never think of it. He won solehandedly Mafia 101 in a the most awesome way after his partner was lynched D1.

2.71828... - he is awesome! Not so active as he once was, 2.7 is still one of the people I love reading scum games with the most. He has a unique ability to fly under the radar when he needs it as no one else, and if he's town, you better listen to him!

McMcsalot - he is awesome! He's very active and fun, questioning a lot of questions and ruling the stream of the game. I like him when he's town, and I liked him as a scum partner as well, so it will be a cool game just because mcmc is here. Also, Robz' brother if you forgot.

Robz888 - he is awesome! After his own long hiatus came back and rocked! He is playing like all the games, and when he returned, he had like 4-5 games in a row when he was scum and no one ever suspected him. As town though he is usually a lackluster (his signature), so we'll see :)

Joseph2302 - he is awesome! Universally scumread guy who is almost never scum. Usually gets lynched and flips town. Even when we had a meetup event and played Mafia, Joseph was lynched first, being a survivor :) Usually has quite good reads though! And I am yet to see scum!Joseph. Bonus: probably will claim SK (there's none in a game if that'll confuse anyone)

Hydrad - he is awesome! Just returned to us and already winning our hearts back! Unfortunately I played only one game with him, so I have not much to say about his current meta, but we had 1-v-1 (I was scum, he was town) and I lost.

Dsell - you are awesome!

gkrieg13 - he is awesome! Considered as one of the best players of modern community, gkrieg always plays extremely pro-town and can guess the whole scum-team in his first post and be right. That's why, along with faust, he is usually a N1 kill.

DatSwan - he is awesome! Though he came not so long ago, DatSwan is a radar always pointing at scum. When I was scum, I was eager to kill him as early as possible, as this guy not only has awesome reads, but also can convince people to vote for you. If you're scum, beware!

faust - he is awesome! Well, I'd go as far as will call faust the best Mafia player I know. And this concerns everything - reads, convincing, scum!play, using PR, also modding.

pingpongsam - he is awesome! One of the most fun players! If he's scum, he will eventually scumslip as he never reads the setup :)

PPE: here you go

Also this is Iguana's game - so if you make a reads list be sure to add yourself in - otherwise you are skum :P
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2018, 02:37:21 am »

Mafia! It's been so long since I've played or even thought about forum mafia. I have poked around one or two games but am not up on any metas. I've also never played or heard of this scenario until reading about this, but it seems interesting.

I remember five people pretty well (Galz, Robz, PPS, faust, mcmc), and seven at least a lil (e and hydrad). You others are all new to me! Though I've seen Awaclus posting everywhere besides forum games a bunch.

Any crazy meta things I should be aware of?

I'll walk you through it as well as I could.

Lalight - That's me, a lot of played game, overly enthusiastic, always shitty reads, always thinking someone is making some crazy gambit and suspecting Innocent Children. My alignment will be obvious at least on D3, so there's no reason to lynch me ever, also I was chosen as the most fun to play with in 2017.

Galzria - he is awesome! Came back after long hiatus, ultrascum player and when town killing with his accurate reads. You probably know him, but now he's a killing machin. Let's hope he's town.

Awaclus - he is awesome! Awaclus is always playing for the win and it makes him scary opponent if you are scum and he puts his eye on you! When he's scum, he is usually overly helpful, but people just never think of it. He won solehandedly Mafia 101 in a the most awesome way after his partner was lynched D1.

2.71828... - he is awesome! Not so active as he once was, 2.7 is still one of the people I love reading scum games with the most. He has a unique ability to fly under the radar when he needs it as no one else, and if he's town, you better listen to him!

McMcsalot - he is awesome! He's very active and fun, questioning a lot of questions and ruling the stream of the game. I like him when he's town, and I liked him as a scum partner as well, so it will be a cool game just because mcmc is here. Also, Robz' brother if you forgot.

Robz888 - he is awesome! After his own long hiatus came back and rocked! He is playing like all the games, and when he returned, he had like 4-5 games in a row when he was scum and no one ever suspected him. As town though he is usually a lackluster (his signature), so we'll see :)

Joseph2302 - he is awesome! Universally scumread guy who is almost never scum. Usually gets lynched and flips town. Even when we had a meetup event and played Mafia, Joseph was lynched first, being a survivor :) Usually has quite good reads though! And I am yet to see scum!Joseph. Bonus: probably will claim SK (there's none in a game if that'll confuse anyone)

Hydrad - he is awesome! Just returned to us and already winning our hearts back! Unfortunately I played only one game with him, so I have not much to say about his current meta, but we had 1-v-1 (I was scum, he was town) and I lost.

Dsell - you are awesome!

gkrieg13 - he is awesome! Considered as one of the best players of modern community, gkrieg always plays extremely pro-town and can guess the whole scum-team in his first post and be right. That's why, along with faust, he is usually a N1 kill.

DatSwan - he is awesome! Though he came not so long ago, DatSwan is a radar always pointing at scum. When I was scum, I was eager to kill him as early as possible, as this guy not only has awesome reads, but also can convince people to vote for you. If you're scum, beware!

faust - he is awesome! Well, I'd go as far as will call faust the best Mafia player I know. And this concerns everything - reads, convincing, scum!play, using PR, also modding.

pingpongsam - he is awesome! One of the most fun players! If he's scum, he will eventually scumslip as he never reads the setup :)

PPE: here you go

Also this is Iguana's game - so if you make a reads list be sure to add yourself in - otherwise you are skum :P

Pretty sure that was a point made by scum!PPS.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2018, 02:38:08 am »

This setup wasn't run here, only a different one where I think there was some randomness involved in sanities.

Hum - I may have misread/misremembered a conversation about this then.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2018, 02:38:55 am »

Note: everything below is my opinion, I hope I never insulted anyone :)

the nicest opinion anyone has ever had of me lol - I needed a win today (rough day) so thank you.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2018, 02:39:34 am »

I also just realized that we are actually doing stuff already somehow so I will shut up and read. sorry.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2018, 02:39:54 am »

I have done some research on the forum's abysmal search function and it seems the only setups where Sanity came into play were RMM31 (closed setup) and M76 (semi-open & heavily randomized).

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2018, 02:40:53 am »

I also just realized that we are actually doing stuff already somehow so I will shut up and read. sorry.

Are you worried about needing to appear serious/involved and not in RVS? Half the players haven't even posted yet.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2018, 02:43:25 am »

I have done some research on the forum's abysmal search function and it seems the only setups where Sanity came into play were RMM31 (closed setup) and M76 (semi-open & heavily randomized).

Ah, it was a comment from Silver in the thread about the creation of this game where he said he ran a setup based around sanity cops - but it wasn't this setup, and I'm not sure which game it actually was.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 24 queries.