Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Need help with card concept  (Read 858 times)

silvern

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile
Need help with card concept
« on: August 16, 2018, 09:16:38 am »

So, I just had an idea for a card

Password
5D               Action-Reserve

Put this on your tavern mat.
---------
When you would shuffle your deck, you may trash this from your tavern mat to instead look through and arrange your deck in any order you choose.

(The original version didn't trash itself, but I figured that would be wayyy too strong.)

The problem with the card, I think, would be that it would take FAR too long to resolve. It would be both pretty irritating for the person who used it and the other player. So, I need to find a way to retain the idea of the card, but also fix the time issue. Thoughts?

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
  • Respect: +640
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with card concept
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 10:02:06 am »

How about reducing the ability a bit to make it quicker?
Eg When you would shuffle your deck, remove up to 4 cards from it, shuffle the rest, then place 2 on the top and 2 at the bottom.
That's enough to set-up a village-smithy at the top of your deck and send a couple of stop cards to the bottom.

silvern

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with card concept
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 01:10:05 pm »

How about reducing the ability a bit to make it quicker?
Eg When you would shuffle your deck, remove up to 4 cards from it, shuffle the rest, then place 2 on the top and 2 at the bottom.
That's enough to set-up a village-smithy at the top of your deck and send a couple of stop cards to the bottom.

This is a nice idea, though I worry that it would be a bit weak in that case, considering that it's a one-shot. (Though 5 debt is not *so* expensive.)
Perhaps bumping it to 5 cards, and allowing you to place them anywhere in the deck, like secret passage, would make it worthwhile but not painful.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.