Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Werewolf (qvist 42) way undervalued. Better than torturer (QV9) Witch (QV6)  (Read 3865 times)

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
+1

Too ADD to write a full article.  But I just don't get the voters, or maybe they didn't quite get the power of WW when voting in 2017. I mean WW is under Summons?  That's comical to me.

I just played a board where both were available, and there were +2 actions available too with Walled Village.  And WW's piled and there were 7 torturers left.  And I LOVE Torturer.  But Torturer is like being a two-tool MMA star. with all the glitz and Glamour   But WW is a 4 tool MMA star, with a lesser reputation.

Let's compare.  One of them gives u three cards and an optional discard 2/curse option.  This ability really shines when you get Menage a Torturer ( 2) or Torturer Bukkake (3+) often meaning that most people buy a shitload of Torturers to achieve this effect.  But It also often leads to drawing itself and other actions dead.  You either play it or u don't. Torturer is good at the beginning and middle of games, but once curses go it loses a lot of its value.  It even helps enable decks that benefit on selective hand reduction in cards like cursed villages, shanty town, menagerie

Now let's look at WW.  It's a goddamn swiss army knife of badassery. You CAN get 3 cards if needed for coins, especially if u have the actions.  Also great when u load up on WW's because WW's often even draw more WW's and this give more hexes help cycle decks. I have played one WW (after thinking of just hexing w/ one) and drawn 3 more WW's a couple of times.  Near a reshuffle?  Just end turn and hex em (possibly even cursing them or causing the same or lesser discard/coin reducing effect too).  In this same place, Torturer can't be played without triggering reshuffle. WW is good at the beginning, middle and especially the end of games.  Most people plan on hitting 8 p w/ 5 cards.  By reducing coins, cards, adding coppers and all the stuff hexes do (especially when multiple hexes) can really stall a  pretty decent engine or big money style deck.

And WW has twice as many cards types (4 vs 2) so that in courtier/ironworks/sacrifice type situations that adds even more stuff where that helps.

Witch shines at the beginning giving out curses but still has the draw dead problem.  By end game it's a reactionless moat and often trashing it before the end game is optimal.

Plus you can't tell from his picture that he totally smokes that fire shit too...: Though based on the color of that sky he might be smoking pcp-*

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:19:42 pm by Honkeyfresh »
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Screwyioux

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: JakeTheZipper
  • Respect: +226
    • View Profile
+4

As OP mentioned, it has 4 types, which is great for Ironworks.

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile

If these two are in the kingdom is GO.  Try stacking a few of these in an engine and watch it stack money, coins and everything else.

"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile

Ironworks cares about only one of those types.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
+8

The joke ------------->

You

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
+1

It’s really hard to take a strategic analysis seriously that tries to pass off “Torturer Bukkake” as a legitimate strategic term.

Werewolf is pretty good. Surely you can see why drawing AND attacking is way better than drawing OR attacking, though, right?

I mean, it’s a joke post, I know, but eh.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
+1

Do you want to be my ghostwriter honkeyfresh?

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
+10

Werewolf is quickly becoming one of my favorite cards. It's just so positive and generous. Practically costs nothing at all at five coin you drop him on the board and that chill ass motherfucker gives you a smithy to use later in the game. And you also get this adorable little hex can ping things but usually is too harmless to be resolved.

But more than the ww is just so positive. It comes on the board like "do you want to cast a hex?" and I'm like "yeah ww i do want to cast a hex let's do this shit" and when he attacks he's like "HEXES ARE FUN" and I'm like "yeah they are SO FUN." He doesn't say some bullshit macho shit like "I will destroy you" he's just like "nah hexes are fun." And it looks so happy. I mean this is an anthropomorphic wolf literally brought to life by treasure cards. It understands it's life is a temporary magical gift and the dude is just fucking loving it. I mean look at his face he's just so happy.

I am literally never sad when werewolf is on board. IDK if he's gonna make it into the metagame or not but for now he (or she) a pretty chill card
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
+1

Is this meant to be another one of those "Cursed Village / Pathfinding" type posts?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
+1

:doh:

ah you are right,  was just thinking off top of my head about things that like multi typed cards.  But  IW doesn't care about those types.  I'm sure there are a few more I didn't mention that meet the point I was making.

However to be fair IW does play better with WW than other night cards as it still is also an action at a bare minimum.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:49:27 pm by Honkeyfresh »

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile

It’s really hard to take a strategic analysis seriously that tries to pass off “Torturer Bukkake” as a legitimate strategic term.

Werewolf is pretty good. Surely you can see why drawing AND attacking is way better than drawing OR attacking, though, right?

I was really stoned and concurrently watching The ID discovery network on some insane sadist trucker who tortured prostitutes.   

Also funny that with our weird puritanical view of sex that something describing consensual sexual acts would be less offensive that someone actually torturing another.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile

I was really stoned and concurrently watching The ID discovery network on some insane sadist trucker who tortured prostitutes.   

Also funny that with our weird puritanical view of sex that something describing consensual sexual acts would be less offensive that someone actually torturing another.

It wasn’t offensive, it just comes across as really forced and childish, which is pretty unfunny. I’d continue to Explain The Joke and cash in my meme points, but that’s more RSP material.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile

Werewolf is quickly becoming one of my favorite cards. It's just so positive and generous. Practically costs nothing at all at five coin you drop him on the board and that chill ass motherfucker gives you a smithy to use later in the game. And you also get this adorable little hex can ping things but usually is too harmless to be resolved.

But more than the ww is just so positive. It comes on the board like "do you want to cast a hex?" and I'm like "yeah ww i do want to cast a hex let's do this shit" and when he attacks he's like "HEXES ARE FUN" and I'm like "yeah they are SO FUN." He doesn't say some bullshit macho shit like "I will destroy you" he's just like "nah hexes are fun." And it looks so happy. I mean this is an anthropomorphic wolf literally brought to life by treasure cards. It understands it's life is a temporary magical gift and the dude is just fucking loving it. I mean look at his face he's just so happy.

I am literally never sad when werewolf is on board. IDK if he's gonna make it into the metagame or not but for now he (or she) a pretty chill card

This guy get's it

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
+1

WEREWOLF is a powerful +3 cards variant that can act as a Hexing attack instead if necessary. Oh, and it's ALSO A NIGHT.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.