Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 12: Your Favorite Animal Mafia (Game Over! Town wins flawlessly)  (Read 70673 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 12: Your Favorite Animal Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #475 on: August 22, 2018, 01:25:25 am »

Thread locked.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 22, 2018, 01:28:22 am »

Vote Count 1.final

Simon Jester (5): silverspawn, Uncleeurope, UmbrageOfSnow, phyphor, WestCoastDidds
phyphor (3): mcmcsalot, faust, hypercube
UmbrageOfSnow (1): Simon Jester

With 9 alive it took 5 to lynch.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 22, 2018, 01:36:30 am »

Simon Jester was lynched. He was a Mafia Goon and his favorite animal was a Horse.

Night 1 starts now and ends in 48 hours, Friday, August 24 at 1:30 am FT.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 24, 2018, 01:34:47 am »

No one does at night, so here's a fennec fox for you.

Day 2 starts now!

Vote Count 2.0

Not Voting (8): faust, silverspawn, mcmcsalot, hypercube, Uncleeurope, UmbrageOfSnow, phyphor, WestCoastDidds

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 starts now and ends Friday, August 31 at 1.30am forum time.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 24, 2018, 01:37:27 am »

This is going so smoothly...

I assume we want to massclaim now.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

phyphor

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: August 24, 2018, 01:52:38 am »

I had a whole load of text written up to defend myself from the verbal attack from faust but then I watched faust last night and they didn't target anybody.

Either faust is mafia and decided to have a quiet night to get me lynched (which seems like an odd play) or someone else is mafia and their attempted kill was impeded.

I'll not bother to go quite as aggressive in response to faust's post because I saw what I saw and going after someone that I didn't see target anyone is not a sensible use of my time.

I will, however, respond to:

The cryptic claim trying to leave itself an out should a counterclaim come,

Really? What's the out? What other possible role could I have claimed and made the same statement I did? There isn't one.

Yes, it was cryptic. Yes, I shouldn't have been cryptic (as others have pointed out). I accept that was a fault of mine, but for you to claim it as scummy is a reach.

the pointless vote for me

You acted scummy, and we might have had the opportunity to discuss whether it was sufficient to damn you. I needed to move my vote. I wanted to make it clear what I thought of your actions. Both of these make it far from "pointless" to switch my vote to you, especially bearing in mind I was active at the time and, once those of us that were still here had a discussion, was able to change my vote.

and refusal to do anything useful.

Except I was able to stop myself being lynched by the town, as a PR, and L-1 someone (who turned out to bee mafia).

Well, we shall see. At least for scum!phyphor it will be nontrivial to produce fake resuls, there is a chance to catch it like that.

If you (or anyone else) genuinely believes that I'd risk a 1/3 chance of being caught out then it's not a stretch to assume I wouldn't risk making up a fake result were I lying.

There is no way I can prove myself without letting myself be lynched which, obviously, I'm against.

I do, however, bear a grudge so I'm going to kick off with this and then go sleep.

vote: hypercube

That said, I want to apologise unreservedly. I spoke rashly previously, and against the civility pledge, and what I should've said is:

You're acting like a goshdarned fool!

Or said that your behaviour was "goshdarned foolish". Calling anyone a name, even as jovially as I did, even within the context of the game, is both impolite and improper.

Again, I apologise for my acions and will endeavour to behave with more civility.
This haiku is bad,
There's no seasonal mention,
Nor the right syllables

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 24, 2018, 01:58:51 am »

We are meant to think there be a doc, eh? Or I guess Jailers work the same way, essentially. I am curious to see where this goes.

So they protected Phy and Phy was attacked, or Phy is a sneaky maf who didn't target anyone, and is maintaining the lies (I want this to be true more than it actually is, it is an incredibly easy to counter this line of gameplay)

Or what if there really is a doc who protected Phy the same day he chose to not attack and then the doctor can confirm Phy and then we go mad while witch hunting a ghost!

That'd be cool. Sorry, getting carried away. It's probably not Phy (but I want it to be)

Also, can I just say that I almost just want to die in order to have that snazzy art of my fav animal? Because that was pretty sweet.

Oh, in terms of actual people to vote for, Cubey and McMcNugget are concerning, the latter's inability to react to the Phy situation at all is just weird, and cubey just yolo-voted on a town role claim.

Ima stick with a Vote: Mcmcsalot until this gets going a bit.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 24, 2018, 02:01:32 am »

So phyphor, can you confirm that your result was actually received and you were not blocked (e.g. by a Jailkeeper)?

phyphor

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 24, 2018, 02:06:03 am »

So phyphor, can you confirm that your result was actually received and you were not blocked (e.g. by a Jailkeeper)?

I don't know how I'd tell the difference in response but, as far as I can ell, I observed that faust didn't target anyone.
This haiku is bad,
Nor the right syllables

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 24, 2018, 02:07:59 am »

Going through the options:

1) The remaining Mafia is a Goon. They know that (assuming phyphor is telling the truth) there is a Doctor in the game. So... it makes no sense for them to be targeting phy, right?

2) The remaining Mafia is a Rolecop. If phy is telling the truth, mafia does not know which of Cop/JK is in the game.it makes sense for them to kill off phy I think. But then for phy not to die would mean that its action was blocked.

In all other cases, phyphor is scum. There is alos a nonzero chance that mafia skipped the kill in order to provoke a phyphor mislynch, because they thought that that is the best option they have for eliminating that threat.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 24, 2018, 02:08:17 am »

I don't know how I'd tell the difference in response but, as far as I can ell, I observed that faust didn't target anyone.
You can ask the mod for clarification in your QT.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 24, 2018, 02:23:52 am »

Or what if there really is a doc who protected Phy the same day he chose to not attack and then the doctor can confirm Phy and then we go mad while witch hunting a ghost!
The thing is, if there is a Doctor and phyphor is lying, then there would be another power role out there who could confirm that phy is lying. The same is not true for Jailkeeper (JK), since those can exist as the only power role in the game.

phyphor

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 24, 2018, 02:43:07 am »

The thing is, if there is a Doctor and phyphor is lying, then there would be another power role out there who could confirm that phy is lying. The same is not true for Jailkeeper (JK), since those can exist as the only power role in the game.

So I believe the options are:

I'm a Tracker, there's a Doctor who saved me from a Goon
I'm a Tracker, there's a Jailkeeper who jailed the Mafia Rolecop
I'm a Tracker, there's a Jailkeeper who jailed me and a failure looks like no result. (this seems unlikely from what I know but I'm awaiting clarification).
I'm a Tracker, and the Mafia chose not to take any actions (seems unlikely).
I'm a Goon, didn't kill anyone (by choice), and the Town Cop hasn't had a chance to speak up yet.
I'm a Goon, didn't kill anyone (because I'm in jail), and the Jailkeeper hasn't had a chance to speak up yet.

I assume at this point the Jailkeeper should claim (and if there are two we lynch one today, and the other tomorrow).

If there's a Doctor then it makes it harder to plan a simple win.

If I'm telling the truth then we have 2 known townies (assuming that he mafia would've tried to kill me), and the Doctor needs to stay hidden, and tonight I track the next person. Arguably we would be better off forcing a non-vote, having another night, and the mafia would have to find the doctor before I find the mafia.

If we go down that route then we'd have D3 with at worst 7 of us, 3 of which would be determined to be town.
This haiku is bad,
Nor the right syllables

phyphor

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 24, 2018, 02:45:46 am »

So I believe the options are:

I'm a Tracker, there's a Doctor who saved me from a Goon
I'm a Tracker, there's a Jailkeeper who jailed the Mafia Rolecop
I'm a Tracker, there's a Jailkeeper who jailed me and a failure looks like no result. (this seems unlikely from what I know but I'm awaiting clarification).
I'm a Tracker, and the Mafia chose not to take any actions (seems unlikely).
I'm a Goon, didn't kill anyone (by choice), and the Town Cop hasn't had a chance to speak up yet.
I'm a Goon, didn't kill anyone (because I'm in jail), and the Jailkeeper hasn't had a chance to speak up yet.

After confirming I can state authoritatively faust didn't take action and I wasn't in Jail.

vote: unvote
This haiku is bad,
Nor the right syllables

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 24, 2018, 02:56:29 am »

That is good I think. If a Jailkeeper or a Cop exists, they should claim now.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 24, 2018, 02:57:18 am »

@LaLight: What are the rules for a situation where we repeatedly no-lynch, no-kill?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 24, 2018, 02:59:37 am »

Also to phyphor (and the other newbies here): If you want to force the day to end without a lynch, the thing to do is

Vote: No Lynch

(bolded) I'm going to wait with that until we have heard from everyone.

phyphor

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 24, 2018, 03:04:59 am »

If you want to force the day to end without a lynch

I wanted to remove my vote until I had a chance to think things through.

I did a 20 hour real world day just as the last day ended and I've just done a similar amount now. So my brain isn't quite able to follow all the tracks, especially as I try to consider what other people know or can deduce.

So, yes, sleep is good.
This haiku is bad,
Nor the right syllables

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 24, 2018, 03:41:21 am »

Woo! This is exciting. We might actually have the first game ever with zero town deaths if we catch the last scum today.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 24, 2018, 03:45:03 am »

Also, if phy is scum, then faust is town. If phy is town, then faust is town unless he deliberately didn't target anyone. So that's the only way for faust to be scum. He's an almost-IC.

@LaLight: What are the rules for a situation where we repeatedly no-lynch, no-kill?

Are you thinking we could play follow-the-tracker aswell?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 24, 2018, 04:13:12 am »

Also, if phy is scum, then faust is town. If phy is town, then faust is town unless he deliberately didn't target anyone. So that's the only way for faust to be scum. He's an almost-IC.

Are you thinking we could play follow-the-tracker aswell?
Well, if noone claims Cop or JK, then phyphor is an IC (which stands for Innocent Child, actually a role in mafia games with the power that the mod confirms at the start of the game that they are town, but often used to indicate a player who cannot possibly be scum). Then Follow-the-IC-Tracker seems pretty damn good, even if it might cost us a perfect win.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 24, 2018, 04:14:32 am »

On the other hand, how likely is it really that Simon's partner was part of the wagon? We would probably still be fine just lynching out of mcmc/hyper.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 24, 2018, 04:35:00 am »

In the meantime, I will reread Simon and look for partner-tells.

Let's hunt lurkers: vote: Westcoastdidds
There were a bunch of lurkers at the time. This kind of makes me think Simon's partner was lurkish. Then continues to find WCD scummy. I think that is not the partner.

Hm. This game is hard to get a good feeling of, but I can't help to get a new!scum- vibe from Westcoast. Let's see what some real pressure might do: vote: Westcoast
More pushing. I think this was L-2? Okay, I was already thinking that WCD was an unlikely partner. Now even more.

I think WCD, alina and silver are town.

Scummy people are UoS and Simon. I could maybe be convinced against lynching the vet, though Simon doesn't really count as a newbie in my book.
Odd people to have a scumvibe on, especially together. UoS feel very townie so far and it's not by their activity as such, it just feel too jittery to be from scum. Your read on me I have no clue on what you are basing it on. I feel I haven't really been engaged in the game yet to be anything than null for most players..
I don't think scum reacts like this had I actually pinned down the scum team here. So I guess UoS can be town.

Second scum is probably among muenstercheese/hypercube, a bit sad if both of them is gone.
Relevant and making hyper a tiny bit townier.

Reads!
I think I already have done that to some extent to be honest, but sure:

UoS activity I read as town. You have a point that his post is not too game- oriented, but I would almost feel that a happy scum!UoS would focus more on being pro-town in that way in his first posts. Could be swayed here I guess, but right now I lean townie on him.

You are your usual pro-town you and it's easy to townread you by default. I have seen nothing that defer to that this game.

Silver is the same, a useful and good vet. Has done nothing to make the game weird or crazy, even though he said he tried to do that with the votething I think his suggestion was good and moved the game forward somewhat.

I liked Alinas posts, there is a confidence there that comes off as townie to me. Would need some more activity to have a more confident read though. Why do you read them as town? 

Uncleeurope is perfectly and utterly null, if anyone can weigh in on them I would appreciate it.

hypercube and muenstercheese left and yeah, wouldn't blow my mind if there is one scum there.
Of those, the alina read comes off as the weirdest to me. I don't think a partner would read as complete null, so slight town on Uncle.

I wonder a bit about your view of Alina. Do you think it is townie to not move the game forward or are you just giving her sort of a newbie-pass in general? I'm eager to hear her responses to what have happened recently, right now she sinks a little bit into the scummier areas, more because of vagueness than anything else.

UoS disappearance is odd, yeah. If he wasn't experienced/vet I would almost assume he got scared of Faust and others scumreading him, but nah. Probably V/LA.

And finally, pleased to not be alone with my read on hypercube. That's where I want to go now. vote: Hypercube
Poking of alina reads happens regularly. Hm. Also more reason for hyper to not be a partner.

This makes things awkward for me because, having re-read the thread (and added a signature now, as requested), you are one of the players that made me suspicious.

Eh, so what? That doesn't make you scummier.

Ok so we're not going to lynch a player who claimed, so how about we go back to simon?

How about you explaining why you are on me in the first place?

Extremely odd claim, I'm inclined to not believe it, but it's too risky lynching a claimed player. It'll have to wait.

I'm also wondering about why you have such a strong town-read on Phyphor. You are acting very suspicious lately.

I could do UoS. In fact, Hyper doesn't seem to happening. vote: UoS
More reasons for UoS to be town. And the shading on silver... I am not sure about that one actually.

Simon tries to switch people over to voting for hyper in the end there. I mean that won't do anything right? I think it could well be a thing trying to make a partner look townier.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 24, 2018, 04:35:40 am »

So if I were to pick someone on wagon as scum, I think it would be silver. But really mcmc is probably our best candidate.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 24, 2018, 04:43:22 am »

So if I were to pick someone on wagon as scum, I think it would be silver. But really mcmc is probably our best candidate.

Mcmc is definitely my fav, ignoring Simon as a vote option on his last post is reeeeeaaally scummy.

And silver was anti-Simon all game, which seems townish.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24  All

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 20 queries.