Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Interesting Card Design Challenges

(1/25) > >>

kru5h:
I'm out of card ideas. Please post interesting card design challenges.

Here's my contribution: An attack card that has an unusual cost. Could cost , could cost . Maybe it has a cost of , costs debt, or you overpay for it.

Whatever, just come up with cards for the posted challenges or post an interesting challenge yourself.

More examples: Victory/Duration card. A pure Reaction card with no Action part. Etc.

Edit: Guys, I meant Victory/Action/Duration. Doesn't need to be pure Duration without an Action part. That's too awkward.

Aquila:

--- Quote from: kru5h on August 12, 2018, 10:18:53 pm ---Victory/Duration card

--- End quote ---
I had crossed the idea of pure Durations. A Victory/Duration could be:

--- Quote ---Clayfields - Victory/Duration, $6 cost.
2VP
-
For the rest of the game, when you buy a Victory card, draw an extra card for your next hand.
When you gain this, play it.
(This stays in play.)
--- End quote ---
For the potential it has maybe 1VP is enough. Tracking issues as well, especially Villa.

Chappy7:
Reaction - $6 Cost

-When you buy this, if you don't already have your -1 card token, you may immediately trash this for $8 and take your -1 card token.
-When you draw this, you may reveal this.  If you do, +2 Cards.

It's either a double borrow or a non-terminal lab.

Holunder9:
Interesting idea. There are some subtle differences to Lab like not throneable and vulnerable to handsize attacks.
I don't like the first option though, seems too similar to Farmland.

Kudasai:
Unusual Attack Cost Challenge - Not technically an Attack, but close enough count. Made this one a few years ago and never tried to figure out if it's balanced or not.

Victory-Duration Challenge - Another one that I haven't had time to polish. Not quite sure where this one is going yet. Also, this isn't technically a pure Victory-Duration, so challenge failed. :(

A challenge I've been trying to crack for a year or so is to come up with a way to incorporate a health bar into Dominion. With States it now seems possible. My idea is to use Estates as your health bar, but beyond that I'm not sure how to execute it or make it fair.

--- Quote from: Aquila on August 13, 2018, 04:17:48 pm ---
--- Quote from: kru5h on August 12, 2018, 10:18:53 pm ---Victory/Duration card

--- End quote ---
I had crossed the idea of pure Durations. A Victory/Duration could be:

--- Quote ---Clayfields - Victory/Duration, $6 cost.
2VP
-
For the rest of the game, when you buy a Victory card, draw an extra card for your next hand.
When you gain this, play it.
(This stays in play.)
--- End quote ---
For the potential it has maybe 1VP is enough. Tracking issues as well, especially Villa.

--- End quote ---

Very interesting card. Curious how this plays. Going straight into play makes it quite strong. Maybe too strong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version