Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rats  (Read 5094 times)

JimJammer

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Re: Rats
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2018, 11:12:09 am »

I decided to turn "Spiders" into "Wasp".

The supply of these is equal to the supply of Curses, so 10 in a 2-player game, 20 in a 3-player, etc.

This will turn the game into a temporary slog until all Wasps are trashed. Don't do this unless you have better Action density, sifting, trashing, or buying than your opponent (Buying lets you trash one from your hand to attack more.)

This one looks interesting. I assume its zero cost to stop it being used as 'trash for benefit', I'd be tempted to put a 5 cost on it to make it harder to gain early.

Maybe one solution is make it cost 3 but say you can't use coppers to buy it (like with Grand Market). This will also alter the dynamic of buying it to trash another. I looks to me at the moment its maybe too easy to get rid of these while the supply pile is there and once players have figured out the correct strategy it could be down to a lot of luck as to who is left with most of them by the time the supply is exhausted.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2018, 09:26:51 pm »
+1

So, I just came up with this thing:

Mice - $4
+1 Action
Gain a Mice.
When you gain this, trash a card from your hand and gain one costing exactly $1 more.

I'm thinking it would be way too good if it had +1 card. As it is now, it's probably still pretty good? It's Rats but without needing another trasher to interact with.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 09:28:56 pm by Commodore Chuckles »

JimJammer

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 05:14:21 am »

Mice - $4
+1 Action
Gain a Mice.
When you gain this, trash a card from your hand and gain one costing exactly $1 more.

I'm thinking it would be way too good if it had +1 card. As it is now, it's probably still pretty good? It's Rats but without needing another trasher to interact with.

It looks like you are going to often use this to trash other mice. In that case you want to think very carefully about the cost.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2018, 04:59:36 am »

Mice - $4
+1 Action
Gain a Mice.

Certainly it would be much too strong with +1 card - it would be a self-gaining Upgrade then! As is, I agree that it's likely still very (too?) strong - a non-drawing but self-gaining Upgrade that provides its own TfB fodder. Reducing the price to $3 would likely be a sensible nerf(!) since it would prevent upgrading itself to a $5 card.

I just noticed the "When you gain this" clause - the card needs a dividing line if the last sentence is not meant to be executed on-play. But the effect is similar with or without the clause, until the Mice pile runs out - at which point Mice becomes a Ruined Village. So unlike Rats, Mice becomes stronger if you increase the pile size - probably too strong with 10 or more cards per player in the pile.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.