Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Most money from 5-card hand?  (Read 7402 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Most money from 5-card hand?
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 09:50:54 am »
+1

I still fail to see how Ov1 ends in draw pile after "play Ov1 as KC" and before "play Ov2 as MV (draw Ov1, trash Ov2 +2$)". It would seem to me that Ov1 is in play after being played as KC.

Ov1 ends in discard pile after "play Ov1 as MV (trash Ov1 +2$)" and "play Ov1 as Lu (gain Ov1)". Playing it as KC doesn't put it back into play from the discard pile.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mith

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
Re: Most money from 5-card hand?
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 05:18:57 pm »
+1

You can just replace Pixie with Mining Village there to get an infinite / “arbitrarily large” amount of coin.

Hmm, does this work for the 1-turn supply empty as well? The Pixie solution relies on using Earth and Mountain gifts to gain basically everything; but since it doesn't go infinite with coin, it could fail on an arbitrarily large supply (like if a future expansion just said "all games now have an extra supply pile of cards costing $100). But if you can actually get infinite coins with Mining Village instead; then the solution works on all supplies.

Yes, Mining Village and Death Cart were used for loops before Pixie was a thing; the original 1-turn solution used Death Cart, in fact, and only relies on Nocturne for the heirlooms (in Black Market) to ramp up fast enough. Pixie as both self-trasher and heirloom-provider is more efficient and ultimately allowed for a two-event-no-black-market solution, though.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.