Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Renaissance on RGG's website  (Read 73967 times)

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Renaissance on RGG's website
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2018, 12:01:21 am »

What's the functional difference in Embargo?

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2018, 09:50:11 am »
+1

Many many were reworded, but just a few were reworded to alter the function of the card: Embargo, Masquerade, Mine, Moneylender, Outpost, Possession, Scheme, Stash, Throne Room and Trade Route. Possession was already changed via a ruling (in Empires rulebook), but then changed again in the printed 2nd edition card. In addition there are the Guilds cards that use "Coffers". I have more details in the document in my sig.

It's also on the Wiki: http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Second_edition

"Embargo was changed so each Curse gained per token on a pile is a separate event, rather than gaining all of them at once."
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2018, 11:05:20 am »
+1

"Embargo was changed so each Curse gained per token on a pile is a separate event, rather than gaining all of them at once."

Is this actually a functional difference? It was ruled with first edition wording that the gains still happen one at a time (if there was only 1 Curse left, you could still reveal Trader twice to gain 2 Silvers). Is there another on-Gain effect that could come into play here?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2018, 11:14:55 am »

Is this actually a functional difference? It was ruled with first edition wording that the gains still happen one at a time (if there was only 1 Curse left, you could still reveal Trader twice to gain 2 Silvers). Is there another on-Gain effect that could come into play here?

Trying to answer my own question here... maybe if you have Hoard in play, and Watchtower in hand? Under new wording, if you buy a Province that has 2 Embargo tokens on it, you trigger 3 separate "when buy" events, that gain you a Curse, Curse, Gold (all before you gain the Province). You can choose the order you gain those 3 things, meaning you can top-deck them in any order.

Under old wording, you trigger 2 separate when-buy events, gain a Gold, and gain 2 Curses (which are gained 1 at a time). If you start resolving the "gain 2 Curses", you can't gain the Gold until you have gained both Curses, so you cannot make the top of your deck contain Curse, Gold, Curse in that order.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2018, 11:15:58 am »
+3

The point is that Embargo 1E was one ability (when-buy ability), which matters if Haggler's when-buy ability also triggers at the same time. Within that ability, each gain is a separate effect. (This is in my doc.)

EDIT: Your Hoard example is correct. Also Talisman, Noble Brigand, Farmland, Stonemason, etc.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:19:31 am by Jeebus »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2018, 11:19:37 am »

The point is that Embargo 1E was one ability (when-buy ability), which matters if Haggler's when-buy ability also triggers at the same time. Within that ability, each gain is a separate effect. (This is in my doc.)

I was trying to think of Haggler, and couldn't remember the name, when I came across Hoard and realized it is also on-buy.

*Edit* My initial mistake was in thinking about on-gain effects, and thinking that it shouldn't matter if the Curse gains are separate or not. But realizing that it is on-buy effects that matter is the key.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:20:45 am by GendoIkari »

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2018, 12:00:58 pm »

I was trying to think of Haggler, and couldn't remember the name, when I came across Hoard and realized it is also on-buy.

*Edit* My initial mistake was in thinking about on-gain effects, and thinking that it shouldn't matter if the Curse gains are separate or not. But realizing that it is on-buy effects that matter is the key.

Fun fact: I read Hoard as Herald, and it still made sense.

guidobass

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: guidobass
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2018, 09:14:49 pm »
+8

Fortunately, this announcement brings clarity to the Coffers renaming: the tokens that save coins had to be renamed to Coffers so that the ones that save actions could be called Coin Tokens.

So what will action tokens be called?  If we follow the pattern so far, they’ll be called Acffers.

Cofefe

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2018, 03:05:32 pm »

Is there a realistic chance that Donald brings a Renaissance prototype to Essen this year?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2018, 03:19:34 pm »

Is there a realistic chance that Donald brings a Renaissance prototype to Essen this year?

Last I heard, he avoids conventions. So I don't think it's likely.

But also, the set should be out by then? Spiel is late October, right?

King Leon

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2018, 03:23:14 pm »

Yes, Spiel is from 25th to 28th October and afaik the largest board game fair worldwide. ASS Altenburger has already announced the German localisation of Nocturne as novelty and I guess, there will be a Dismantle („Abbruch”) promo distribution.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 03:26:05 pm by King Leon »

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2018, 04:43:11 pm »
+5

There is not. There is however a realistic chance of having English copies of Renaissance at Essen.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2018, 09:31:25 pm »
+2

There is not. There is however a realistic chance of having English copies of Renaissance at Essen.

Inb4 shipping delays.

vishwathg

• Navigator
  • Respect: +92
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2018, 08:27:02 pm »
+6

So what will action tokens be called?  If we follow the pattern so far, they’ll be called Acffers.

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party. Continuing the tradition, the next expansion will have +Buy tokens called Buffers. How fitting.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2018, 08:33:17 pm »
+8

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party. Continuing the tradition, the next expansion will have +Buy tokens called Buffers. How fitting.

Can't wait till we will inevitably come full circle with +VP token tokens.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2018, 05:08:28 am »
+1

Veepers?

They can actually make sense if they exchange to VPs at a steeper than linear rate, but you can only trade them at certain opportunities, Distant-Land-wise.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2018, 08:35:57 am »
+1

A couple more names and we'll be reading There And Back Again
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2018, 07:21:04 pm »
+3

Maybe even bys you can buy?

You mean Travelling Fair?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2018, 07:22:04 pm »
+3

There will at some point also be Coffers tokens, that can be used at any time for +1 Coffers. So now we know why it was changed to "+1 Coffers".

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2018, 06:21:35 am »
+4

Some day there will be "lame token joke" tokens. You can spend them to be redirected here.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2018, 10:27:46 am »
+9

Some day there will be "lame token joke" tokens. You can spend them to be redirected here.

There will also be "opinion on the quality of jokes" tokens, which you can spend to summon Asper.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2018, 03:44:00 am »
+2

There will also be "opinion on the quality of jokes" tokens, which you can spend to summon Asper.

Usually it suffices to say my name three times.

vishwathg

• Navigator
  • Respect: +92
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2018, 02:38:34 pm »

I was thinking something more like a token that generates 1 VP every turn.

King Leon

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2018, 07:36:17 pm »
+2

I was thinking something more like a token that generates 1 VP every turn.

You mean a Poffer?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2018, 05:33:34 pm »
+2

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.