Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Renaissance on RGG's website  (Read 73986 times)

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Renaissance on RGG's website
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2018, 08:33:06 pm »
+5

I am pretty sure, there will also be a line: "When you buy or gain this, +1 Action token“. This would allow some 'crazy villa magic' for all Workshop variants.

Buy or gain („nehmen oder kaufen“) is a common translation error in the German version of Dominion. For example, German Smugglers says literally: „gained or bought“ instead of „gained“, which includes cards which are bought, but not gained, e.g. using Trader.

Trogdor the Burninator

• Golem
  • Respect: +76
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2018, 11:15:32 pm »

This expansion looks like it could be pretty cool!

Both Empires and Nocturne have been really interesting expansions with some really cool, gimmicky and unique cards, so hopefully Renaissance will continue the trend. Looking forward to it!

One question: When the sneak peeks are released will it work similarly to the Nocturne previews for Dominion Online when we were allowed to play with just the sneak peeked cards for that day in the days leading up to the full release?

Dominion.games username: Jolinar of Malkshur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHF_bIjIPAE

(I did not create the Trogdor the Burninator song nor am I associated with its producers in any way.  I just think it sounds cool. :P)

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2018, 11:25:00 pm »
+4

I hope for more bald people in the artwork.
Say what you will... bald people provide some of the best engines and benefits!
Sweet! Coin tokens have so much unused design space. I always wondered why we never got Action tokens.

I skipped over this thread for several days thinking it was another fan-made expansion. Note to self: Read thread titles more carefully.
It'll all end with Dominion: Omega, introducing the Token token.   You may remove this token from your token mat and use it as any token in any Dominion set  8)
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2018, 01:27:47 am »
+10

One question: When the sneak peeks are released will it work similarly to the Nocturne previews for Dominion Online when we were allowed to play with just the sneak peeked cards for that day in the days leading up to the full release?
The plan is that, as with Nocturne, each day of previews you can play with the newly previewed cards plus the previously previewed cards, and then just all of them over the weekend after the previews.

gannon2145

• Pawn
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2018, 01:46:07 pm »
+2

Any chance on seeing an update pack for Guilds with the "coin tokens" -> "coffers" cards?  If the new expansion is going to call them coffers, we are going to have cards with both terms in the box unless we rebuy Guilds + Cornucopia

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2018, 02:02:18 pm »

Any chance on seeing an update pack for Guilds with the "coin tokens" -> "coffers" cards?  If the new expansion is going to call them coffers, we are going to have cards with both terms in the box unless we rebuy Guilds + Cornucopia

The big twist is that Renaissance won't have coffers at all. "There are tokens that let you save coins and actions for later" is actually referring to a completely different mechanic from what we saw in Guilds.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2018, 03:42:31 pm »

I see what you're saying. We haven't considered it at all. There would need to be sufficient demand, which seems unlikely for rewordings with no new cards or art.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2018, 04:27:46 pm »
+1

I see what you're saying. We haven't considered it at all. There would need to be sufficient demand, which seems unlikely for rewordings with no new cards or art.

I'd buy it, for what that's worth. I'm already considering getting a second copy of Guilds/Cornucopia mostly for this reason, though I haven't yet convinced myself that it's worth it. An update pack would be a definite purchase.

Zombie13

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2018, 05:02:27 pm »

I'd buy it, for what that's worth. I'm already considering getting a second copy of Guilds/Cornucopia mostly for this reason, though I haven't yet convinced myself that it's worth it. An update pack would be a definite purchase.

I second this.  I'm a completist and would almost buy it on that principle alone.  The Coffer mat would be nice to be available (vs printing/making it yourself).  But the cost would have to be very reasonable.

Z.

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
  • Respect: +187
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2018, 05:04:33 pm »

If we're talking about a pack that has the updated cards along with the 2 new mats, then yeah, I'd certainly buy that.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2018, 06:19:03 pm »
+2

If we're talking about a pack that has the updated cards along with the 2 new mats, then yeah, I'd certainly buy that.

At that point it’s really not that much less than buying the full expansion again. At least the combo is cheaper than the separate parts were. I’ve hought about it at least.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2018, 06:54:18 pm »
+1

At that point it’s really not that much less than buying the full expansion again. At least the combo is cheaper than the separate parts were. I’ve hought about it at least.

I would think it would cost about the same as the second edition update packs. It’s just 5 types of cards (55 total cards). That’s less than the update packs were.

Plus, I assume when you say that the combo is cheaper, you mean that it’s chepaer than both of the sets combined. It’s still more than what just Guilds by itself was, right? So you’d have to pay for a full-sized expansion just to get those 5 updated cards.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

RevanFan

• Spy
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2018, 08:38:17 pm »
+1

I would buy that as well. I've been considering purchasing Guilds/Cornucopia myself simply for the Coffers and Bane mats/cards, and the wording updates. I'd much rather purchase an update pack that just has the new "coffers" wording and mats.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2018, 09:49:21 pm »
+1

Yeah, I'd definitely buy that. I'm not looking forward to constantly explaining the whole coin tokens/coffers thing to all of my casual player friends.

Fuu

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: Fuu
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2018, 10:33:08 pm »

Yeah this sounds like it would be like buying just a fraction of the Guild/Cornucopia expansion, in a tiny box. That could be a really nice update pack. If you don't have Guilds/Cornucopia yet, and don't care about adding the non-coffers cards from that joint expansion, it could be a good purchase. It also sounds like a must have for completists.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2018, 02:04:42 am »
+2

Conversely, I prefer coin tokens to Coffers. So if an upgrade pack is ever made, and anyone wants to get rid of some first-edition cards in good condition, please get in touch!

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2018, 03:12:02 am »
+1

I also kind of prefer coin tokens to coffers, but that might be because I never heard the word "coffer" before. And I got used to coin tokens, perhaps.

Anyhow, I'd personally only ever buy such an update pack if it was needed to avoid rules issues, as currently they are mechanically equivalent (when applying some common sense). There's just so much better Dominion content to get for that money.

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2018, 04:22:26 pm »

The big twist is that Renaissance won't have coffers at all. "There are tokens that let you save coins and actions for later" is actually referring to a completely different mechanic from what we saw in Guilds.
I don't think that we can assume that yet. While the very remaining of "take a Coin token" into "+1 Coffers" strongly indicates that DXV has done new stuff with Coin tokens in the upcoming expansion this doesn't imply that there will be nothing with Coffers.
It is like with Durations in Adventures, there was new stuff like Durations that stay out for more or less than 1 turn but also old stuff, i.e. "normal" Durations.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2018, 04:30:44 pm »
+3

I don't think that we can assume that yet. While the very remaining of "take a Coin token" into "+1 Coffers" strongly indicates that DXV has done new stuff with Coin tokens in the upcoming expansion this doesn't imply that there will be nothing with Coffers.
It is like with Durations in Adventures, there was new stuff like Durations that stay out for more or less than 1 turn but also old stuff, i.e. "normal" Durations.

Pretty sure Gendo was joking.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2018, 05:35:02 pm »

Pretty sure Gendo was joking.

Indeed.. to me, the renaming of Coffers in fact strongly indicates that we WILL see "+1 Coffers" in the new set.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2018, 06:44:35 pm »
+11

Indeed.. to me, the renaming of Coffers in fact strongly indicates that we WILL see "+1 Coffers" in the new set.
I have already said on reddit that Guilds was changed to match Renaissance there.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2018, 07:21:23 pm »
+1

Does anyone else get a Hitchhiker’s guide to the Galaxy vibe from the description?

Have you not read all of the other box descriptions?  They all have a touch of Adams's humor.  Only one of them involves a life-size statue made of baklava, however.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2018, 07:26:29 pm »

I have already said on reddit that Guilds was changed to match Renaissance there.
Doesn't that mean there will have to be a second set of Coffers mats in Renaissance for people who don't have Guilds?

On the plus side, if I understood correctly, the need for a second set of Tavern mats was a reason not to include Reserve cards in any future expansions. This opens up the hope for me we might see that much-loved feature again some day. (-8

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2018, 09:07:04 am »
+4

The most important thing for me is : will there be a coppersmith revival ?

"+1 coin token/coffer for every copper you have on play"
Wouldn't it be awesome ?

spiralstaircase

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +453
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2018, 01:28:35 pm »
+15

The most important thing for me is : will there be a coppersmith revival ?

"+1 coin token/coffer for every copper you have on play"
Wouldn't it be awesome ?

Is this leading up to the punchline “Coffersmith”?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.