Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Renaissance on RGG's website  (Read 73965 times)

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Renaissance on RGG's website
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 10:07:41 am »

This looks great! Coin tokens are fun, and I feel like Guilds was thematically one of the coolest Dominion expansions.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 12:24:03 pm »
+2

Totally agree, there is so much stuff you can do with Coin tokens that Guilds 2.0 is a great path forward for Dominion.
About Action tokens, I guess that the most straightforward way to do it via a $4 village, will be in the set:

+1 Card
+1 Action

Take an Action token.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 12:36:27 pm »
+1

I think that given the Guilds wording update for "+1 Coffers"; it is unlikely that we will see "Take an action token" as opposed to "+1 _____".
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

MrFrog

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: MrFrog
  • Respect: +101
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2018, 01:59:32 pm »
+12

I hope for more bald people in the artwork.

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +660
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2018, 03:44:49 pm »

Although it wasn't in the description, I wonder if the hand variance theme will come back at all.  I hope so.  Menagerie and HoP are two of my favorite cards to play with. 

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »

Although it wasn't in the description, I wonder if the hand variance theme will come back at all.  I hope so.  Menagerie and HoP are two of my favorite cards to play with.
Given that Nocturne is to some degree (Magic Lamp, Imp, Conclave) Cornucopia 2.0 I seriously doubt it.

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2018, 05:51:47 pm »
+1

Given that Nocturne is to some degree (Magic Lamp, Imp, Conclave) Cornucopia 2.0 I seriously doubt it.

True.  I was thinking of Cornucopia and Guilds as the same expansion....oops. 

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2018, 06:08:29 pm »
+2

They are effectively one expansion now. They’re only sold together.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2018, 06:56:47 pm »

They are effectively one expansion now. They’re only sold together.

They also fit together pretty well in my book, both thematically (people doing manual labor) and mechanically (unique mechanics without additional types - ignoring "prize").

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2018, 08:02:06 pm »
+2

Sweet! Coin tokens have so much unused design space. I always wondered why we never got Action tokens.

I skipped over this thread for several days thinking it was another fan-made expansion. Note to self: Read thread titles more carefully.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2018, 12:39:48 am »
+3

http://riograndegames.com/Game/1334-Dominion-Renaissance

It's a momentous time. Art has been revolutionized by the invention of "perspective," and also of "funding." A picture used to be worth a dozen or so words; these new ones are more like a hundred. Oil paintings have gotten so realistic that you've hired an artist to do a portrait of you each morning, so you can make sure your hair is good. Busts have gotten better too; no more stopping at the shoulders, they go all the way to the ground. Science and medicine have advanced; there's no more superstition, now they know the perfect number of leeches to apply for each ailment. You have a clock accurate to within an hour, and a calendar accurate to within a week. Your physician heals himself, and your barber cuts his own hair. This is truly a golden age.

This is the 12th expansion to Dominion. It has 300 cards, with 25 new Kingdom cards. There are tokens that let you save coins and actions for later, Projects that grant abilities, and Artifacts to fight over.

I just gave you your 11111th respect, congrats.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2018, 12:52:41 am »
+5

http://riograndegames.com/Game/1334-Dominion-Renaissance

It's a momentous time. Art has been revolutionized by the invention of "perspective," and also of "funding." A picture used to be worth a dozen or so words; these new ones are more like a hundred. Oil paintings have gotten so realistic that you've hired an artist to do a portrait of you each morning, so you can make sure your hair is good. Busts have gotten better too; no more stopping at the shoulders, they go all the way to the ground. Science and medicine have advanced; there's no more superstition, now they know the perfect number of leeches to apply for each ailment. You have a clock accurate to within an hour, and a calendar accurate to within a week. Your physician heals himself, and your barber cuts his own hair. This is truly a golden age.

This is the 12th expansion to Dominion. It has 300 cards, with 25 new Kingdom cards. There are tokens that let you save coins and actions for later, Projects that grant abilities, and Artifacts to fight over.

*Quickly unvotes several Awaclus posts*

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2018, 06:10:25 am »
+1

My first card guess:

Student Village
Type: Action
Cost: 5

+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Action token
--
When you buy this, +1 Action token.

The on-buy effect is because the card would be too similar to Walled Village, but too expensive for $5, otherwise.

BBL

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +91
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2018, 08:02:39 am »

I am pretty sure, there will also be a line: "When you buy or gain this, +1 Action token“. This would allow some 'crazy villa magic' for all Workshop variants.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2018, 08:19:58 am »
+1

I am pretty sure, there will also be a line: "When you buy or gain this, +1 Action token“. This would allow some 'crazy villa magic' for all Workshop variants.

That line gives you a total of two tokens when you buy it (and then gain it as a result).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2018, 08:36:42 am »

That line gives you a total of two tokens when you buy it (and then gain it as a result).

No it wouldn't, it says "or". This isn't code/logic talk where "or" means one or more. Certainly buy or gain is redundant, but it wouldn't grant two tokens as far as I could tell.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2018, 08:39:23 am »
+12

No it wouldn't, it says "or". This isn't code/logic talk where "or" means one or more. Certainly buy or gain is redundant, but it wouldn't grant two tokens as far as I could tell.

You don't buy and gain at the same time, you buy first (and it triggers) and then gain (and it triggers again).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2018, 09:08:00 am »
+3

If I find out that that phrasing wouldn’t give out two tokens then I’ll be starting my own “Why I’m quitting Dominion” thread...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2018, 10:42:22 am »
+3

I just gave you your 999th respect, congrats.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2018, 10:43:13 am »
+1

You don't buy and gain at the same time, you buy first (and it triggers) and then gain (and it triggers again).

This is reminding me of the constant use of the "whenever" wording for triggered effects in Hearthstone that everyone seems to hate. "When" should mean everytime the condition is met, the rest follows.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2018, 11:29:25 am »
+1

This is reminding me of the constant use of the "whenever" wording for triggered effects in Hearthstone that everyone seems to hate. "When" should mean everytime the condition is met, the rest follows.

Magic uses both "when" and "whenever" in different contexts... "whenever" is for things that generally happen multiple times, such as "whenever a creature enters the battlefield", while "when" is for things that generally only happen once, such as "when [this creature] enters the battlefield". But they both have the exact same rules meaning; and I've never heard of people complaining about one being used instead of the other.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2018, 02:12:36 pm »
+3

Nice theme. I was hoping for Dominion to get an art or progress themed expansion, and here they are.
It's the perfect opportunity for some pretty spectacular card art. I hope it lives up to the expectations I suddenly have!

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2018, 04:28:12 pm »
+7

The first print run in English will come with a download code for getting a year of this or a similar-sized expansion free on Shuffle IT.

There have been similar promotions between Stef and Altenburger for German versions of the main set and maybe something else.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2018, 05:34:58 pm »

The first print run in English will come with a download code for getting a year of this or a similar-sized expansion free on Shuffle IT.

There have been similar promotions between Stef and Altenburger for German versions of the main set and maybe something else.

I assume I won't get an answer to this, but I would be curious to hear how that works financially for ShIT, or if this is just a publicity stunt for them.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2018, 06:15:40 pm »
+2

I assume I won't get an answer to this, but I would be curious to hear how that works financially for ShIT, or if this is just a publicity stunt for them.

I’m guessing it’s for publicity, but I wouldn’t call it a “stunt”. It’s just, hey here’s this thing you may not have known about. Try it out!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.508 seconds with 21 queries.