Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41  All

Author Topic: M117: Emotions Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 144987 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #925 on: August 26, 2018, 03:06:49 pm »

And you think silver is town when basically every dead townie has said "It's silver!" with their dying breath? Not challenging....just questioning.

This is the second time this is brought up. I know this actually happened, but I'd just like to remind everyone that I tried to fight both lynches. In the first case, I specifically argued that the tunneling of me was towny, which I still think it was.

I guess you're just saying that they are confirmed towns who happened to suspect me, not that they are dead because of it. That's true but man their cases were so wrong.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 26, 2018, 03:20:18 pm »

Space and EFHW are IC'd

leaving Gkrieg , Robz, Skumpy and Silver.

Sliver actually seems really townie today. Skumpy is just skumpy, I always want to vote him based off of his tone. I still think that he is more the probably scum. My preferred lynches for today would be gkrieg or robz.

Where the heck did that turnabout come from?

I'm just as surprised as you are.

This makes me want to lynch raptor less, because weird flip flops are towny. But it's not enough. It could be (and probably is) desperate scum.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 26, 2018, 03:44:40 pm »

Space and EFHW are IC'd

leaving Gkrieg , Robz, Skumpy and Silver.

Sliver actually seems really townie today. Skumpy is just skumpy, I always want to vote him based off of his tone. I still think that he is more the probably scum. My preferred lynches for today would be gkrieg or robz.

Where the heck did that turnabout come from?

I know that you or silver is 100% scum. But considering silver is being helpful, and I would be upset myself for pushing you based mostly off of the fact that you talk to much and the whole me being online thing. a) You are playing similar to other town games for the most part B) It would be a weird lie for you to say i was online when I have two other players in the game that new I was actually VLA IRL. Thus leaving gkrieg and robz who have both just been lurking. I'm not super familiar with either of their play styles but I would have assumed that they would be more helpful as experienced players.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 26, 2018, 04:02:27 pm »

I found silver's EOD1 very towny.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 26, 2018, 04:42:43 pm »

I found silver's EOD1 very towny.

I found it non-scummy, and defended it as such, because he played in a way I thought I might have. However we now know for certain that two wagons at that point were both on town, so scum could afford to play along with whatever they thought looked most townie, and they still got a town lynched.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: August 26, 2018, 04:57:05 pm »

silver and I spent half of D2 accusing Raptor with no other people jumping on the entire day. You love wagon analysis (written before I saw Robz PPE post). That should instantly kill this argument for you, or else I don't understand the manner in which you pick and choose the wagons to look at.

I think it's the latter: you voting Raptor in isolation yesterday is not very interesting all for wagon analysis, because there weren't lots of other confirmed townies on the wagon, and there was no cause to wonder why more scum weren't touching the wagon.. everyone was behaving as normal.

What would have made it onto my radar was if you had been pushing him at a point in D1, and a big wagon had built up, and then everyone but you on that wagon had flipped town or been ICd. Then I would suspect strongly that either you were scum, and other scums didn't want to pile on too conspicuously, or that Raptor was scum, and other scums didn't want to pile on at all. And it that case, I'm not awarding anyone towncred, or even stating that they're not paired with one another: I'm simply saying that one or more of the unknowns (either the person the wagon is on, or one of the voters) is statistically likely to be scum.

It also leads to the kinds of constraints I generate being "at least one of these n people is scum" which is equivalent to "not all of this set is town". Your proposed "silver and Raptor aren't partners" constraint is of the form "not all of these X people is scum", for x=2, which is also equivalent to "at least one of these n people is town". Your kind of constraint is probably more useful at this stage in the game, because if we had two overlapping pairs of "not both" constraints, then we could confidently label the fifth one of the set scum. However, I know less about how much we can trust those kinds of constraints, and they worry me because scum know to bus and to create distance, so it's something they're much better able to control and fake. I've yet to see scum effectively evade having to push along town wagons they want to lynch on, though if gkrieg is scum here then he's done a good job of it.

PPE 3: including myself... forgot I had this response partially written but unposted in another tab.

Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Full! PMs coming soon!)
« Reply #931 on: August 27, 2018, 05:01:32 am »

What do you feel?

Vote Count 3.2

gkrieg13 (1): Skumpy
Not Voting (6): Robz888, SpaceAnemone, EFHW, gkrieg13, silverspawn, Xxraptorslayer96

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 3 ends Friday, August 31th at 5.30 pm FT.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 27, 2018, 09:11:37 am »

vote: raptor

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 27, 2018, 09:31:27 am »

Sounds good! vote: raptor

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 27, 2018, 10:12:50 am »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 27, 2018, 10:49:49 am »

I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 27, 2018, 10:58:36 am »

Not hammering. We don’t have both ICs on wagon

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 27, 2018, 11:11:16 am »

Not hammering. We don’t have both ICs on wagon

Hey, we agree!
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 27, 2018, 11:23:41 am »

Well, agree so far as, he shouldn’t be hammered now. Except I don’t think anyone should hammer him. Gkrieg says because space isnt here. I say because this is going to confirm in space’s mind it’s me/ss/Raptor. Which is not true.

Even though Raptor is scum, this should be saved for another day. If this makes space more confident I’m scum, oh well. But they should really be wondering why I’m the only one feeling this way when if gkrieg and Robz were town, they don’t have this same concern involcing EFHW since she’s set to vote for them. Also for ss to Space, i guess. But hey: 2-1!
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 27, 2018, 12:19:05 pm »

Ok, vote gkrieg

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 27, 2018, 12:46:20 pm »

I'm in a car phone posting on the journey home from my gigs.. sorry if there are typos!

Why are we voting all of a sudden? EFHW, you and I have each other as trusted ICs, which doesn't happen too often, so I really think we should use that before EOD.

I'd really like to see gkrieg convince me he's town because otherwise it's foolish for me not to pay attention to what EFHW is saying here. There's much less chance of him being able to produce an adequate answer when I'm out of the game.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 27, 2018, 01:15:50 pm »

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 27, 2018, 01:20:13 pm »

I'm in a car phone posting on the journey home from my gigs.. sorry if there are typos!

Why are we voting all of a sudden? EFHW, you and I have each other as trusted ICs, which doesn't happen too often, so I really think we should use that before EOD.

I'd really like to see gkrieg convince me he's town because otherwise it's foolish for me not to pay attention to what EFHW is saying here. There's much less chance of him being able to produce an adequate answer when I'm out of the game.

What do you mean by "convince me he's town"?  I wasn't on either of the mislynch wagons (although I was on the Simon wagon D1), and there is pretty good chances that Skumpy is scum, which I have been saying from the beginning.  Also Skumpy being scum would also implicate silver because of the pact, and he is also someone who is likely scum.  The team makes sense as Skumpy/ss/?, where the third one is either Robz or Raptor, and either one is equally as likely.  The fact that there was no 1v1, points away from Robz, because I think he would have 1v1d either EFHW or Space, because I think he could have won at least against EFHW.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 27, 2018, 01:20:59 pm »

Thread locked.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Full! PMs coming soon!)
« Reply #944 on: August 27, 2018, 01:24:33 pm »

What do you feel?

Vote Count 3.final

gkrieg13 (1): Skumpy
Xxraptorslayer96 (4): EFHW, silverspawn, Robz888, gkrieg13
Not Voting (2): SpaceAnemone, Xxraptorslayer96

With 7 alive, it took 4 to lynch.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: August 27, 2018, 01:29:41 pm »

EFHW CHANGED HER VOTE

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 27, 2018, 01:37:55 pm »

Due to the second breaking of the rules, Skumpy is Modkilled. He was Calm, the Vanilla Townie.

The scumteam of Robz888, silverspawn and Xxraptorslayer96 have won.

For the record: EFHW's vote for gkrieg was not the vote, it missed a colon.

Good game everyone. Don't ask me what happened to the hero of the narrative.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 27, 2018, 01:39:34 pm »

Although folk in speccy proposed to go from there and end the day, I decided to do it my way. Because this was extremely alignment-indicative and it was not the first rule break. Please, no hard feelings: it happens.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 27, 2018, 01:40:30 pm »

I'd be more mad if I was right. Like I said, there was no way me and gkrieg were going to work together.

GG

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)
« Reply #949 on: August 27, 2018, 01:40:43 pm »

Sorry guys
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.