Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M117: Emotions Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 145049 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #750 on: August 22, 2018, 02:05:48 pm »

My question to you was not "what is the most informative lynch", it was explicitly "What would you take away from each possible flip result?". Since you were the person who earlier was trying to ensure that nobody twisted one flip both ways to give you scum points either way around, I thought you would be the best example of someone who could say "If Swan flips scum then I think X is likely, and if he flips town then I think Y", for some sorts of X and Y and likelihoods and stuff. The two flips under discussion were Swan and Robz.

Ah, you're right, sorry. I skimmed the post.

Ok, if Swan flips scum, certainly scum points for raptor because swan was defending him early.  Town points for Simon because this

Space - i rode Simon literally to the death up until the last minute day 1. The alt wagon flipped town. If i am skum Simon is 100% town.

which would be ballsy to say about your partner, but not very likely. Also simon is the second person on swan.

swan says skumpy and I are scum buddies. Whenever scum makes a list of people who are scum, they usually include exactly one of their buddies (which is always a bad idea because town always correctly suspects it, but nonetheless most scum still do it). This is a list of only two so it may be different. Still, probably some scum points to scum-π). Or to me I guess from your PoV, but I probably get town points considering his case about the EoD.

And some scum points for you because you stated that you find swan townier now where their lynch seems fairly plausible.

if he's town it's the opposite. ANd as for Robz I really have no idea.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 22, 2018, 02:15:22 pm »

I think what raptor just posted is the scummiest post of the game so far

If we are choosing between Robz and Swan I’m leaning more towards Robz for the lurking aspect but I don’t think he will be a very informative Lynch because he hasn’t had very many interactions. Swan has been more involved and in return and more informmative lynch, but I don’t think the amount if knowledge gained by his lynch is worth the risk of losing a possible town player.

I still much rather Skumpy or SS. I would also be willing to lynch Simon.

1) doesn't defend themselves
2) I want to do X but X is bad. You can be nuanced, that's not the issue; it's ok to say "I want X even though X has is probelmatic" but it's worse to say "I want X but X will be bad".
3) overly careful tone
4) totally empty point in the end, what does it mean it's not worth losing a potential town player? Every lynch risks losing a potential town player.

I also think that, based on this post, if raptor flips scum, then Swan is scum and Robz is town.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 22, 2018, 02:34:01 pm »

I think what raptor just posted is the scummiest post of the game so far

If we are choosing between Robz and Swan I’m leaning more towards Robz for the lurking aspect but I don’t think he will be a very informative Lynch because he hasn’t had very many interactions. Swan has been more involved and in return and more informmative lynch, but I don’t think the amount if knowledge gained by his lynch is worth the risk of losing a possible town player.

I still much rather Skumpy or SS. I would also be willing to lynch Simon.

1) doesn't defend themselves
2) I want to do X but X is bad. You can be nuanced, that's not the issue; it's ok to say "I want X even though X has is probelmatic" but it's worse to say "I want X but X will be bad".
3) overly careful tone
4) totally empty point in the end, what does it mean it's not worth losing a potential town player? Every lynch risks losing a potential town player.

I also think that, based on this post, if raptor flips scum, then Swan is scum and Robz is town.

1) defend my self from what? Your vote? I don’t even know why you are voting me. You haven’t really made a case against me.
2) I’m weighing my options out loud and sharing my opinion. Isn’t that the point.
3) awe thanks, it was like a 5 min phone post.
4) My point at the end is neither is the best lynch and I rather vote you, skumpy or Simon.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 22, 2018, 02:43:54 pm »

what has tone to do with the time you took to write it?

2) I’m weighing my options out loud and sharing my opinion. Isn’t that the point. [/quite]

Yes, yes. You're supposed to do that, precisely because it allows others to draw conclusions from it. I concluded that you are scum because you did it. It was very pro-town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 22, 2018, 02:44:24 pm »

Fixed quote:

2) I’m weighing my options out loud and sharing my opinion. Isn’t that the point.

Yes, yes. You're supposed to do that, precisely because it allows others to draw conclusions from it. I concluded that you are scum because you did it. It was very pro-town.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 22, 2018, 02:56:05 pm »

Care to address point one? Your case on me?

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 22, 2018, 02:59:37 pm »

Raptor, since I've answered your question on time spent online, I'd appreciate it if you returned the favor.

Also, what on earth does this mean:
1) Does mason get N0 shot in this game? If yes - If they are the UB and are replaced by mason what are the chances they take the time to send the Night Action in?.

2) Does Mason N1 shot go ahead of the Skum NK (i.e. did II get a mason shot off last night at a minimum?)

*I know the questions to those two, I am putting them out there for those that don't*

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 22, 2018, 03:16:06 pm »

I admit that I didn't have a coherent case on you before now. However, there's been lots of suspicion on you floating around. If you feel like no-one stated reasons, a way to defend yourself is to point that out. Challenge the people who scumread you. Instead you waited until the wagon died down without you doing anything and then ignored it.

Also @everyone, take a look at this:
I’m weighing my options out loud and sharing my opinion. Isn’t that the point.

"Why did you find out I was scum, I was doing everything righ?!"

tell me this isn't what that sounds like!

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 22, 2018, 03:21:49 pm »

Raptor, since I've answered your question on time spent online, I'd appreciate it if you returned the favor.

1) Does mason get N0 shot in this game? If yes - If they are the UB and are replaced by mason what are the chances they take the time to send the Night Action in?.

2) Does Mason N1 shot go ahead of the Skum NK (i.e. did II get a mason shot off last night at a minimum?)

*I know the questions to those two, I am putting them out there for those that don't*

Swan mixed up Mason and Neighbourizer, he said that. And someone has answered it. What’s your question about it?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 22, 2018, 03:23:40 pm »

I admit that I didn't have a coherent case on you before now. However, there's been lots of suspicion on you floating around. If you feel like no-one stated reasons, a way to defend yourself is to point that out. Challenge the people who scumread you. Instead you waited until the wagon died down without you doing anything and then ignored it.

Also @everyone, take a look at this:
I’m weighing my options out loud and sharing my opinion. Isn’t that the point.

"Why did you find out I was scum, I was doing everything righ?!"

tell me this isn't what that sounds like!

So you have no case on me (your top scum read) and you are voting me based off of everyone’s suspicion of me? Super scummy

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 22, 2018, 03:24:28 pm »

request vote count

I can do that right?

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 22, 2018, 03:26:06 pm »

Swan mixed up Mason and Neighbourizer, he said that. And someone has answered it. What’s your question about it?

The last line, assuming he meant 'answers' instead of 'questions'. How do you know the answers to the questions that don't make sense?

On the one hand, these should still be questions you ask in a QT if you're scum. But if he's town, I don't see the rhyme or reason in it.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 22, 2018, 03:28:03 pm »

So you have no case on me (your top scum read) and you are voting me based off of everyone’s suspicion of me? Super scummy
???

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 22, 2018, 03:29:44 pm »

One thing I'm now pretty sure I was wrong about:

Raptor and silver aren't teamed after all. Ah well.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 22, 2018, 03:41:40 pm »

What do you feel now?

Vote Count 2.6

Skumpy (4): gkrieg13, Xxraptorslayer96, Awaclus, DatSwan
Xxraptorslayer96 (1): silverspawn
Simon Jester (1): Robz888
DatSwan (3): EFHW, Simon Jester, Skumpy
Robz888 (1): SpaceAnemone

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to Lynch. Day 2 will end Wednesday 22 August at 5 pm. That's in 1,(3) hours.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 22, 2018, 03:43:18 pm »

Update: gone from an hour before until 20-30 minutes before deadline. SHOULD be around after that, definitely for 1 or 2 quick posts if needed.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 22, 2018, 03:46:19 pm »

Actually why is Datswan an informative lynch at all? 

If Swan is town, it gives us an almost certain scum between Simon and silver, because if you and I trust each other to be town, then there's nothing but green-and-silver on the Simon wagon for over 100 posts. I think it also makes it even more likely that there's one in {EFHW-Raptor}, because if there were three amongst the other players then the chance of one of them being Swan would be higher.

If Swan is Scum, I think the likelihood of Simon being scum goes up a bit, because Swan is voting silver right now, and also because scum!Simon opening the game with an RVS vote on a buddy and them proceeding to vote for almost everyone in the game kind of makes sense.

It's not the most informative thing going, but we do have to start cracking the nut of where the scums are in {Robz, Raptor, Swan, Skumpy, Simon (and maybe gkrieg)} at some point if we're going to win.

Space - i rode Simon literally to the death up until the last minute day 1. The alt wagon flipped town. If i am skum Simon is 100% town.

I agree with GK. Color me suspicious on both you and efhw at this point.
I need to actually finish isolating stuff to make a choice on if it is substantiated - but this push is weak/phony

Are you reading that as me pushing for your lynch or something? It's not a push, it's a direct response to gkrieg complaining that EFHW's proposal is a very uninformative lynch. And I more or less agree: lynching you is not that informative, so I summarised all the vague information we might hope to get, and it's weak. I think if anything, you're agreeing with me...

No sorry i mis read your post - you are correct i am agreeing with you.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 22, 2018, 03:54:01 pm »

I'm home and catching up on the last few hours now. Will be here till deadline, modulo a few trips through to the kitchen to cook dinner.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Simon Jester

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: hockeyzemlan
  • changed life, changed everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 22, 2018, 04:00:56 pm »

Simon, you seem to think that weird -> probably scum. Totally wrong! Weird -> probably town. That might not be 100% true for everyone, but it's a pretty good general rule.

Skumpy is like one of the most obv!town players that has ever obv!towned without any PR stuff.

I know, that's why I don't want to vote. I guess I rather mean that it starting to become anti-town and distracting and that it annoys me to the part I could see a point in a lynch there.

Still happy with my vote, especially as it's not getting much traction and I think we might have scum on the Skumpy- wagon. Therefor I'm also willing to vote raptor if that seems to be a better choice than Swan for most people.

Gkrieg want to lynch me, huh? Such a surprise.
S

Simon Jester

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: hockeyzemlan
  • changed life, changed everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 22, 2018, 04:01:49 pm »

Will be here for some time by the way, might fall asleep before deadline though. Long day today.
S

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 22, 2018, 04:03:09 pm »

Space count as of #717
Skumpy (4): gkrieg13, Xxraptorslayer96, Awaclus, DatSwan
Simon Jester (1): Robz888
Xxraptorslayer96 (1): silverspawn
DatSwan (3): EFHW, Simon Jester, Skumpy
Robz888 (1): SpaceAnemone
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 22, 2018, 04:04:08 pm »

Oh, sorry, LL, I missed that you'd done a proper one!! Nice to see that my script agrees, though.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 22, 2018, 04:23:24 pm »

My question to you was not "what is the most informative lynch", it was explicitly "What would you take away from each possible flip result?". Since you were the person who earlier was trying to ensure that nobody twisted one flip both ways to give you scum points either way around, I thought you would be the best example of someone who could say "If Swan flips scum then I think X is likely, and if he flips town then I think Y", for some sorts of X and Y and likelihoods and stuff. The two flips under discussion were Swan and Robz.

Ah, you're right, sorry. I skimmed the post.

Ok, if Swan flips scum, certainly scum points for raptor because swan was defending him early.  Town points for Simon because this

which would be ballsy to say about your partner, but not very likely. Also simon is the second person on swan.

swan says skumpy and I are scum buddies. Whenever scum makes a list of people who are scum, they usually include exactly one of their buddies (which is always a bad idea because town always correctly suspects it, but nonetheless most scum still do it). This is a list of only two so it may be different. Still, probably some scum points to scum-π). Or to me I guess from your PoV, but I probably get town points considering his case about the EoD.

And some scum points for you because you stated that you find swan townier now where their lynch seems fairly plausible.

if he's town it's the opposite. ANd as for Robz I really have no idea.

drawing reads specifically off of my flip is probably a bad idea at this point. except for the part about Simon, because it is the only one that is actually backed up by evidence.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 22, 2018, 04:26:55 pm »

I'm here until deadline.
I am going through, and I have to agree the more skumpy talks the less confident I am - but also that could be his game plan so idk.

I am also good with SS and Simon.

Really don't think the Robz concept is getting us anywhere.

No Awaclus or Raptor.
real good. That’s how

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 22, 2018, 04:35:36 pm »

Skumpy is like my least favorite wagon of all time. He's said and done sooooo many things that a newbie scum would be way too scared to do. Also this wagon is just so... inevitable.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.