Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M117: Emotions Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 145011 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #725 on: August 22, 2018, 11:44:19 am »

You thought the DatSwan lynch would be uninformative. How is it possible that a Robz lynch would be more so?

I feel like your question is implying that I think a Robz lynch would be uninformative, and I don't think that matches up with what I was saying at all.

The most informative would be a Simon flip, for clarity of what was going on with the EoD1 wagons, or you/raptor because you're somewhat more tightly-coupled in terms of 1-v-1 status from my point of view. However, I'm tempering my thirst for immediate information by also looking favourably on keeping people who're contributing to the game right now, like you, Swan, and silver.

It's implying that you said a Robz lynch would be informative.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 22, 2018, 12:01:39 pm »

I will be on at time and deadline and aroundish untill then.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 22, 2018, 12:17:42 pm »

Skumpy is the largest wagon... .....

gkrieg13, Xxraptorslayer96, Awaclus, DatSwan

Ok, gkrieg, you're the one who I trust to be somewhat reasonable. Get off of there and vote somewhere where there could be scum.

Oh come on. You know he is scum.

If we were both confirmed towns, I would give you 4:1 odds on a bet that he isn't!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 22, 2018, 12:18:18 pm »

But I take it from your answer that your presence on the wagon is serious.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 22, 2018, 12:34:28 pm »

Is he the right pronoun for skumpy?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 22, 2018, 12:35:08 pm »

You thought the DatSwan lynch would be uninformative. How is it possible that a Robz lynch would be more so?

I feel like your question is implying that I think a Robz lynch would be uninformative, and I don't think that matches up with what I was saying at all.

The most informative would be a Simon flip, for clarity of what was going on with the EoD1 wagons, or you/raptor because you're somewhat more tightly-coupled in terms of 1-v-1 status from my point of view. However, I'm tempering my thirst for immediate information by also looking favourably on keeping people who're contributing to the game right now, like you, Swan, and silver.

It's implying that you said a Robz lynch would be informative.

Ah! You'd said "uninformative" and then "more so", so I read that as "more uninformative". I think it keeps more information in the game because Swan is interacting more, in addition to the stuff I said we could read into each type of flip. I certainly don't think that what I said about Robz's flip gives any less than what I thought we'd get out of Swan's.

Would you like to elaborate on what you think you'd take away from each possible flip result?

Actually, I'd be quite interested to hear silver's response to that as well, since he's another very evidence-based player I think.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 22, 2018, 12:49:19 pm »

I am here now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 22, 2018, 12:50:10 pm »

@ Space: It's more that I felt you were being inconsistent, which suggested to me that your criticism of my case might not be genuine. 

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 22, 2018, 12:50:42 pm »

I really don't think Skumpy is scum. I'm more inclined to join the DatSwan wagon, I don't know if that's the best option though.

I feel like Space is sort of townie for going after me here.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 22, 2018, 12:52:48 pm »

I will be on at time and deadline and aroundish untill then.
Maybe you could scumhunt between now and then?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: August 22, 2018, 12:57:00 pm »

Ok, gkrieg, you're the one who I trust to be somewhat reasonable. Get off of there and vote somewhere where there could be scum.

Could scum!Skumpy sustain this level of posting? And without slipping up?

Isn't that exactly what he did in his first scum game?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 22, 2018, 12:58:15 pm »

If anyone is pushing for an informative lynch, I am seriously FoSing you if you aren't voting for Simon.  He is by far the most informative lynch based on the fact he was the other D1 wagon and EoD was kind of weird Yesterday.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 22, 2018, 12:58:35 pm »

I would definitely join a Simon wagon.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 22, 2018, 01:00:50 pm »

If anyone is pushing for an informative lynch, I am seriously FoSing you if you aren't voting for Simon.  He is by far the most informative lynch based on the fact he was the other D1 wagon and EoD was kind of weird Yesterday.

I am currently voting him, and alone in that, I believe.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 22, 2018, 01:04:51 pm »

There is probably 0 scum in {skumpy, datswan, me}

I highly doubt that.

If we were both confirmed towns, I would give you 4:1 odds on a bet that he isn't!

Awful deal. Don't take it gkrieg!

Is he the right pronoun for skumpy?
Fine by me.

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 22, 2018, 01:12:21 pm »

Robz wagon? Maybe. Judging by his sig, he's town. But...

When the Wheel of Wagons start a-spinning, scum!Sajak gets to reach out a hand and stop it as soon as it lands on Bankrupt. I have fears that's happened again.

The longer you don't settle on a target, the easier it is for scum to guide in that direction.

I don't want to gain more information surrounding Simon, I have all the information I could want. I DON'T agree that a town flip all but guarantees Simon as scum - Raptor/gkrieg/ss (let's make something up) is fine as a possibility for me. Not really sure why him flipping scum makes me townier...but I'll take it?
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 22, 2018, 01:16:30 pm »

Also, since nobody's answered me:

Also, what on earth does this mean:
1) Does mason get N0 shot in this game? If yes - If they are the UB and are replaced by mason what are the chances they take the time to send the Night Action in?.

2) Does Mason N1 shot go ahead of the Skum NK (i.e. did II get a mason shot off last night at a minimum?)

*I know the questions to those two, I am putting them out there for those that don't*

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #742 on: August 22, 2018, 01:22:42 pm »

I have all the information I could want.

That's probably because you're scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 22, 2018, 01:24:03 pm »

Actually, I'd be quite interested to hear silver's response to that as well, since he's another very evidence-based player I think.

I definitely spend very little time worrying or even thinking about what player makes for the most informative lynch. A good reason for this is that scum is almost always going to be more informative than town. Scum wants to lynch town and not lynch scum, but not pushing for any one town lynch is just far less costly than pushing for a scum lynch. So really, I think I stand by that it should not be a major factor. Consequently, I'm not too interested in thinking about which player is the most informative.

But it's probably something like Simon > ... Skumpy > ... > raptor > ... > Robz. Don't think anyone is less informative than robz.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 22, 2018, 01:25:14 pm »

I read it and had no clue what it means ~)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 22, 2018, 01:31:49 pm »

1) Does mason get N0 shot in this game? If yes - If they are the UB and are replaced by mason what are the chances they take the time to send the Night Action in?.

2) Does Mason N1 shot go ahead of the Skum NK (i.e. did II get a mason shot off last night at a minimum?)

*I know the questions to those two, I am putting them out there for those that don't*

That post from Swan was #478. Then at #497 he said that he'd mixed up Mason and Neighbourizer. What is left that you don't understand?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 22, 2018, 01:36:10 pm »

That post from Swan was #478. Then at #497 he said that he'd mixed up Mason and Neighbourizer. What is left that you don't understand?

The last line, assuming he meant 'answers' instead of 'questions'. How do you know the answers to the questions that don't make sense?

On the one hand, these should still be questions you ask in a QT if you're scum. But if he's town, I don't see the rhyme or reason in it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 22, 2018, 01:39:11 pm »

I definitely spend very little time worrying or even thinking about what player makes for the most informative lynch. A good reason for this is that scum is almost always going to be more informative than town. Scum wants to lynch town and not lynch scum, but not pushing for any one town lynch is just far less costly than pushing for a scum lynch. So really, I think I stand by that it should not be a major factor. Consequently, I'm not too interested in thinking about which player is the most informative.

But it's probably something like Simon > ... Skumpy > ... > raptor > ... > Robz. Don't think anyone is less informative than robz.

My question to you was not "what is the most informative lynch", it was explicitly "What would you take away from each possible flip result?". Since you were the person who earlier was trying to ensure that nobody twisted one flip both ways to give you scum points either way around, I thought you would be the best example of someone who could say "If Swan flips scum then I think X is likely, and if he flips town then I think Y", for some sorts of X and Y and likelihoods and stuff. The two flips under discussion were Swan and Robz.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 22, 2018, 01:42:58 pm »

The last line, assuming he meant 'answers' instead of 'questions'. How do you know the answers to the questions that don't make sense?

On the one hand, these should still be questions you ask in a QT if you're scum. But if he's town, I don't see the rhyme or reason in it.

Oh, I see! I totally missed that it was the "questions" thing rather than the "masons shooting" thing you were drawing attention to.

@Swan, any comment on what you were trying to say? Were you suggesting that the rest of us should be asking questions in our QTs about it, and if so, was it something you'd asked in your own? (I'm definitely not asking for any form of QT-quoting here, because I don't want to get tangled up in any of that!!)

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 22, 2018, 02:04:04 pm »

If we are choosing between Robz and Swan I’m leaning more towards Robz for the lurking aspect but I don’t think he will be a very informative Lynch because he hasn’t had very many interactions. Swan has been more involved and in return and more informmative lynch, but I don’t think the amount if knowledge gained by his lynch is worth the risk of losing a possible town player.

I still much rather Skumpy or SS. I would also be willing to lynch Simon.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 20 queries.