Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M117: Emotions Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 144945 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: August 13, 2018, 01:13:29 pm »

Robz, is there a reason you didn't want to vote Galz when that wagon was at 3?

I wasn't here, and never saw that.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 13, 2018, 01:21:08 pm »

Vote: Galz

The argument was that you promised content and didnt deliver, not just lurking. And I have seen scum do that all the time so I know it is scummy.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 13, 2018, 01:24:54 pm »

Alright, I'll bite.

Vote: Galz
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 13, 2018, 01:47:30 pm »

I mainly don't want to lynch Space, TA, or silver right now.  Skumpy is still by far my first choice.  I feel so sure he is scum that i honestly haven't even looked elsewhere.

I'll look at galz and EFHW in a bit.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 13, 2018, 02:31:57 pm »

What do you feel?

Vote Count 1.9

Skumpy (1): gkrieg13
silverspawn (1): Galzria
Twistedarcher (1): EFHW
EFHW (1): Xxraptorslayer96
Simon Jester (4): silverspawn, SpaceAnemone, DatSwan, Twistedarcher
Robz888 (1): Simon Jester
Galzria (3): Robz888, iguanaiguana, Skumpy

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends Monday, August 13th at 7 pm FT. That's in 4,5 hours.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2018, 02:33:40 pm »

I mainly don't want to lynch Space, TA, or silver right now.  Skumpy is still by far my first choice.  I feel so sure he is scum that i honestly haven't even looked elsewhere.

I'd be OK with voting Galz or TA. Therefore, I'll save you the trouble of having to do a read and help you be more productive today by suggesting you go vote Simon, the only other person who could get lynched.

I'm going to try to be as quick and blunt as possible before I get distracted and embark upon another rant; you're wrong, your read is garbage, and regardless of the quality of the read anyhow, it's awful and embarrassing to tunnel on D1 without even entertaining the thought of anybody else or giving yourself a slight pause to think about the possibility that you could be wrong. I can understand if you think I'm Skum; that's fine, I've heard it before, and it's not even totally absurd. But Christ man; check your ego, and think for a second before you you blow a game (or at least a lynch) based on a single read....on D1. If you aren't scum, I can safely say your reads have been the worst of any town because the only person you have scumread, is in fact, town, and that scum is laughing because one of the players here with the best reputation has been led so far astray.

That probably went too far, and I apologize, but at least express a little self-doubt. There's a reason this game is not easy.

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2018, 02:44:23 pm »

I'd be OK with voting Galz or TA. Therefore, I'll save you the trouble of having to do a read and help you be more productive today by suggesting you go vote Simon, the only other person who could get lynched.

I'm going to try to be as quick and blunt as possible before I get distracted and embark upon another rant; you're wrong, your read is garbage, and regardless of the quality of the read anyhow, it's awful and embarrassing to tunnel on D1 without even entertaining the thought of anybody else or giving yourself a slight pause to think about the possibility that you could be wrong. I can understand if you think I'm Skum; that's fine, I've heard it before, and it's not even totally absurd. But Christ man; check your ego, and think for a second before you you blow a game (or at least a lynch) based on a single read....on D1. If you aren't scum, I can safely say your reads have been the worst of any town because the only person you have scumread, is in fact, town, and that scum is laughing because one of the players here with the best reputation has been led so far astray.

That probably went too far, and I apologize, but at least express a little self-doubt. There's a reason this game is not easy.

I'm sorry, but this just makes me want to lynch you more.  This is scummy OMGUS.  It doesn't try to discredit me, the person making the argument (I admit that I haven't given that many reasons), instead of the argument itself.  Saying that it is awful and embarrassing to tunnel hard D1 is absurd.  It's certainly not about my ego.  I'm consistently wrong about tunnels (especially D1 on faust), and people are consistently wrong about me when I'm tunnelled D1 (which also happens enough).

Want to explain why you think Simon should be lynched over TA and galz?

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2018, 02:52:02 pm »

I'm sorry, but this just makes me want to lynch you more.  This is scummy OMGUS.  It doesn't try to discredit me, the person making the argument (I admit that I haven't given that many reasons), instead of the argument itself.  Saying that it is awful and embarrassing to tunnel hard D1 is absurd.  It's certainly not about my ego.  I'm consistently wrong about tunnels (especially D1 on faust), and people are consistently wrong about me when I'm tunnelled D1 (which also happens enough).

Want to explain why you think Simon should be lynched over TA and galz?

The sad part of the omgus is I’m leaning town on you. 
I’m saying since I dont want to vote Simon, you should because obviously I’m skum protecting a partner.

I’ve said reasons before for reads, can’t now since I’m phoneposting at lunch.

Simon Jester

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: hockeyzemlan
  • changed life, changed everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2018, 03:09:24 pm »

Galz is an okey lynch. Not the best, but it's worth a shot. Vote: Galzria

Skumpys reaction to gkriegs scumread is... weird. Your olay today has been outlandish and it's not surprising at all someone regards it as very scummy. I don't agree with gkrieg, but can't say my townread on you is the strongest one ever.

Hope to be here at deadline but might not make it.
S

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2018, 03:37:55 pm »

prefer Simon over galz.

Galz has done nothing. That's generally bad for a day 1 lynch. In case of a lurker it's a problematic argument, because they are a problem for town later, too. But presumably galz would do more later.

That and he's just 100% null.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2018, 04:02:55 pm »

Skumpys reaction to gkriegs scumread is... weird. Your olay today has been outlandish and it's not surprising at all someone regards it as very scummy. I don't agree with gkrieg, but can't say my townread on you is the strongest one ever.

Scumreading isn't what bothers me. It's the tunnel, which lends itself to complete unhelpfulness.

So Galz is going to vote Simon. gkrieg's going to vote Simon because I'm not. Even if EFHW votes Galz, it's still 6-5, and there's basically nobody on the Simon wagon that I think could swing.

To respond to gkrieg: As I once said, I don't like Galz ignoring the coalition and all the responses. I feel like it got the game out of RVS pretty quickly, and those are the kinds of situations that Galz loves to look at to figure out who responded scummily. It feels like a cop-out on his part to say I'm skummy and leave it at that.

It remains to be seen, of course, but I'm not sure this is a dual-town wagon. The Galz wagon is interesting, and the people on it are interesting.

Not sure of deadline status. Around for most of the next few hours, but probably a biggish break somewhere. Maybe during deadline, maybe before.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2018, 04:05:20 pm »

prefer Simon over galz.

Galz has done nothing. That's generally bad for a day 1 lynch. In case of a lurker it's a problematic argument, because they are a problem for town later, too. But presumably galz would do more later.

That and he's just 100% null.

I don't think Galz is a bad lynch here. I mean, I have this impulse to not lynch him, just because he's Galz. But it's good to mix things up.

Simon Jester

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2018, 04:14:02 pm »

So Galz is going to vote Simon. gkrieg's going to vote Simon because I'm not. Even if EFHW votes Galz, it's still 6-5, and there's basically nobody on the Simon wagon that I think could swing.

TA and Datswan should be able to swing, and if they're not they should be the first to be under suspicion D2 when I flip town.
S

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2018, 04:18:55 pm »

Yeah, I’m perfectly happy voting Galz.

vote: galzria

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 13, 2018, 04:19:30 pm »

Skumpy’s rant is over the top but reads genuine town to me.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2018, 04:21:22 pm »

Regardless, I don’t think scum skumpy would buddy Simon this hard if Simon was either town. So I don’t want to lynch skumpy while Simon is alive, I am definitely leaning town on skumpy.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 13, 2018, 04:24:37 pm »

Apart from Simon and robz, who is completely null, I’m happy with the people on the galzria wagon. More town reads on wagon than off wagon.

Gkrieg’s tunneling on skumpy is weird in that it’s not going to happen today, he should know based on the vote count it’s not happening today, so he should be trying to move one of the lynches that’s actually possible forward, but he’s not doing so.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 13, 2018, 04:25:30 pm »

Agree, skumpy's rant is fairly townie. Weird that gkrieg doesn't see that.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 13, 2018, 04:28:59 pm »

FOS to everyone not actively moving us to a lynch. There’s a lot of people who still have their votes in useless places 2.5 hours to deadline, and some of these people have come in and posted and not moved their votes.

Everyone should be stating how they feel about Simon and galzria, and if they’re not willing to lynch either then try to get a third wagon going, but we really don’t have much time left.

Simon Jester

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 13, 2018, 04:35:02 pm »

Apart from Simon and robz, who is completely null, I’m happy with the people on the galzria wagon. More town reads on wagon than off wagon.

Gkrieg’s tunneling on skumpy is weird in that it’s not going to happen today, he should know based on the vote count it’s not happening today, so he should be trying to move one of the lynches that’s actually possible forward, but he’s not doing so.

Ok, yeah, scumreading Skumpy all you want but his lynch won't happen D1 and parking your vote there in this way is almost beyond useless. FoS und so weiter..
S

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 13, 2018, 04:37:06 pm »

Skumpy’s rant is over the top but reads genuine town to me.
Probably. Almost certainly. But I was getting sick that our argument was sounding like a broken record.

Regardless, I don’t think scum skumpy would buddy Simon this hard if Simon was either town. So I don’t want to lynch skumpy while Simon is alive, I am definitely leaning town on skumpy.
It's a townread that could waver if he survives today. I'd probably be fighting more vigorously if it was Iguana. I don't think buddying and challenging lynches is particularly alignment indicative for me, though I do think it points away from our Axis, *cough* Space *cough*.

Agree, skumpy's rant is fairly townie. Weird that gkrieg doesn't see that.
Funny, I can actually see my rant as kind of scummy. I'll take the townread though.

FOS to everyone not actively moving us to a lynch. There’s a lot of people who still have their votes in useless places 2.5 hours to deadline, and some of these people have come in and posted and not moved their votes.
This. Also going to extend it to Raptor for showing up and not moving his vote.

I should probably accept at this point that I've never been able to stick to a scum D1 and help get them lynched before, so apologize in advance if I wind up having helped not at all.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2018, 04:44:10 pm »

Honestly I can't remember the last D1 scum lynch on f.ds. It starts to feel hopeless but I believe its possible
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 13, 2018, 04:47:33 pm »

Scumreading isn't what bothers me. It's the tunnel, which lends itself to complete unhelpfulness.

To respond to gkrieg: As I once said, I don't like Galz ignoring the coalition and all the responses. I feel like it got the game out of RVS pretty quickly, and those are the kinds of situations that Galz loves to look at to figure out who responded scummily. It feels like a cop-out on his part to say I'm skummy and leave it at that.

It remains to be seen, of course, but I'm not sure this is a dual-town wagon. The Galz wagon is interesting, and the people on it are interesting.

Not sure of deadline status. Around for most of the next few hours, but probably a biggish break somewhere. Maybe during deadline, maybe before.

I don't know why you think I'm going to vote for Simon just because you aren't going to vote for him.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 13, 2018, 04:49:27 pm »

vote: Simon

Simon Jester

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 13, 2018, 04:51:43 pm »

vote: Simon

So, uhm, why are you voting me?
S
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.