Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M117: Emotions Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 145175 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2018, 08:52:56 pm »

I tried to find where I originally read the statement but didn't find it.
Maybe in a qt?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2018, 08:56:29 pm »

I'm on board with vote: EFHW, as good as anyone to me.
Except not, because I'm town!

Didnt you research whether saying 'I'm town' comes more fromtown or scum and found it gad more to do with the player than their alignment?
Yes, that was me. But I AM town, so I said it.

I've seen your scum play amdI remember it  being calm, collected and full of remarkably towny statements. Am I wrong?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2018, 09:04:46 pm »

So I have been absent, that's mb, work has been crazy. Here is where I am at. I am so damn tired right now I cannot bring myself to do a read. But I have time when I wake up and I will respond accordingly. Please allow me the day, I may literally pass out at this key board if I try here.

Skum

EFHW
Simon
Twisted
II

SS
Null
Space
GK
Robz

Skumpy
Raptor
Galz

Chum

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2018, 09:07:36 pm »

Lol your chum list is almost all just your IRL chums, how seriously are we expected to take that?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2018, 09:36:52 pm »

Lol your chum list is almost all just your IRL chums, how seriously are we expected to take that?

Don’t care
Also i don’t know skimpy irl
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2018, 10:11:14 pm »

Didnt you research whether saying 'I'm town' comes more fromtown or scum and found it gad more to do with the player than their alignment?

I've seen your scum play amdI remember it  being calm, collected and full of remarkably towny statements. Am I wrong?
Alas, you are right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2018, 10:22:06 pm »

Can someone that finds Raptor explain to me why they think they are skum. It’s a lazy question I’ll go back and call you out if forced.
real good. That’s how

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2018, 10:24:17 pm »

I mean he isn't a lynch candidate anymore. where's your evidence that he is town?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2018, 10:25:26 pm »

Alas, you are right.

So on what basis should anyone not want your lynch then?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2018, 10:30:32 pm »

@DatSwan, how do you reconcile that two of your top scumreads, me and TA, started a wagon on your top scumread, EFHW?

If either of us were scum with EFHW, what's the motivation there?

Also, I believe you have the opportinity to put your top scum read to L-1.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2018, 11:29:55 pm »

@DatSwan, how do you reconcile that two of your top scumreads, me and TA, started a wagon on your top scumread, EFHW?

... bussing for credit or something else as elementary as that?
real good. That’s how

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2018, 12:00:25 am »

No offense, but you sound to me like you are getting your reads from a random number generator and your scum narratives from a magic 8 ball.....

Why would randomly switching to a scum partner out of nowhere be a good move when we are just a weekend away from the deadline?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2018, 12:17:28 am »

No offense, but you sound to me like you are getting your reads from a random number generator and your scum narratives from a magic 8 ball.....

Why would randomly switching to a scum partner out of nowhere be a good move when we are just a weekend away from the deadline?

Because it is day 1 and i openly admit to not being able to have substantial reads day one and it is just guess work.
Why are you pretending people should be sonsure on day 1?
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2018, 02:02:55 am »

Alas, you are right.

So you'll policy lynch me for being hard to read? You made a similar argument about Robz earlier, with the difference that his new meta makes him participate less.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2018, 02:55:49 am »

I mean he isn't a lynch candidate anymore. where's your evidence that he is town?

not to be rude... but I asked first. I'll even give you my reasons - but I expect yours in return.
XXR is town to me Day 1 because he will either slip up or get lyched for being less than active as the game continues. To lynch him D1 here seems dumb on general principal unless there is a hard skum read on them. So I am looking for a hard skum read from someone. Without that, they are essentially removed from my D1 pool.
*I am also aware of the Hippocratic nature of this post as they have probably contributed more than I in this game. It is more based on generalization*

Also, since we are on the topic II - what is your reads list prior to the end of D1?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2018, 02:57:32 am »

The mere fact that you would suggest such a thing is ridiculous is somewhat incriminating. You are a very experienced player. I, as should everyone, leave pretty much everything on the table for you. Take it as a compliment.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2018, 03:04:20 am »

Vote: EFHW is probably still better than silver. I want to hear Galz's thing though

No wall needed. In concise terms, why is EFHW better than SS from your POV?
Also - Galz, who is your top SR right now?
real good. That’s how

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2018, 03:08:37 am »

@Skumpy What do my posts have to do with your voting TA?

I enjoy saying cryptic remarks, and explaining later.

Here's where I'm at right now.

I find Iguana very townie at this point. I haven't played with him much before, but he's active, and that counts for something. More than something. And furthermore, I like his posts, and I like the way he's playing. There's a lot he has going for him.

Now there's 2 possibilities.

1. I'm way, way wrong, and Iguana is in fact scum. I don't believe it now. But if it's true, this game will not go very smoothly.

2. I'm right, and Iguana is town. Iguana has posted so much at this point that people surely have to be townreading the lizard, right? No! Because by my count, only 3 have. And when you're scum, you want to be posting correct townreads D1 to gain credibility, and preferably on the most townie people. If Iguana is town, 3 other people here know this. I have to think that one is going to take notice of his talkative play and give him town status, or at least townie. Which doesn't leave many possibilities.

Both of those things together, it's seems to me highly likely there's a scum in {Iguana, ss, TA, Skumpy}. There's already an 86% chance of that, but whatever. And of that group, there's one I can't vote for, there's one I won't vote for, and there's one I'd be happy to vote for but would rather stick around longer because I pity it. So therefore, TA it is.

So that's me. Wrong? Possibly. Logical? I'd like to think so.

No. The sentence

And when you're scum, you want to be posting correct townreads D1 to gain credibility,

is just false insofar as it relates to me. White knighting is such an overrated scum trait that it gets you in far more trouble than it ever does good as scum, which is why I wouldn't do it. I've talked about this particular point before, even (you were probably there, iguana, don't you remember that?). It is not a thing you would catch scum!me with.

It is a sort of a legit point if applied to newer scum players. Maybe.

But even then, I mean, I was the first one who said iguana was towny. How does this even make him a towny player? Other people challenged me on the townread. Doubling down there as I did is exactly the kind of thing I would by trying my hardest to avoid as scum, because whiteknighting. How would I even know that skumpy would find him towny aswell?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2018, 03:09:28 am »

Also unvote I don't like the EFHW wagon. It has basically no justification and picked up too quickly.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2018, 03:11:24 am »

The people who jumped on it are where I would look for scum now. Ironically, that's iguana. But then he changed. The others are raptor and simon.

vote: simon

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2018, 03:47:49 am »

@Skumpy What do my posts have to do with your voting TA?

I enjoy saying cryptic remarks, and explaining later.

Here's where I'm at right now.

I find Iguana very townie at this point. I haven't played with him much before, but he's active, and that counts for something. More than something. And furthermore, I like his posts, and I like the way he's playing. There's a lot he has going for him.

Now there's 2 possibilities.

1. I'm way, way wrong, and Iguana is in fact scum. I don't believe it now. But if it's true, this game will not go very smoothly.

2. I'm right, and Iguana is town. Iguana has posted so much at this point that people surely have to be townreading the lizard, right? No! Because by my count, only 3 have. And when you're scum, you want to be posting correct townreads D1 to gain credibility, and preferably on the most townie people. If Iguana is town, 3 other people here know this. I have to think that one is going to take notice of his talkative play and give him town status, or at least townie. Which doesn't leave many possibilities.

Both of those things together, it's seems to me highly likely there's a scum in {Iguana, ss, TA, Skumpy}. There's already an 86% chance of that, but whatever. And of that group, there's one I can't vote for, there's one I won't vote for, and there's one I'd be happy to vote for but would rather stick around longer because I pity it. So therefore, TA it is.

So that's me. Wrong? Possibly. Logical? I'd like to think so.

No. The sentence

And when you're scum, you want to be posting correct townreads D1 to gain credibility,

is just false insofar as it relates to me. White knighting is such an overrated scum trait that it gets you in far more trouble than it ever does good as scum, which is why I wouldn't do it. I've talked about this particular point before, even (you were probably there, iguana, don't you remember that?). It is not a thing you would catch scum!me with.

It is a sort of a legit point if applied to newer scum players. Maybe.

But even then, I mean, I was the first one who said iguana was towny. How does this even make him a towny player? Other people challenged me on the townread. Doubling down there as I did is exactly the kind of thing I would by trying my hardest to avoid as scum, because whiteknighting. How would I even know that skumpy would find him towny aswell?

Not sure if 'white knighting' means just townreading or guaranteeing as town. Because I'm only talking about the former, I don't care about 'doubling down'. The only 3 I listed, which included myself, were the ones who would said something as simple as 'maybe townie-ish'. Nothing more than that required, and nothing more than that was found.

Going back to white knighitng; I don't understand. You are expected to at least throw your hat into the ring D1 and give a name of somebody you find townie that you are still allowed to change. I believe everybody has said at least 1 person by now, without reading back. Scum either puts the townread on a scum or a town. Not all scum are going to townread each other. So a town is being townread, and if it's not somebody who they find likely to be a common townread (someone I believe should be Iguana), then who? Who do you, as scum!ss, like to townread on D1? And if Iguana isn't town, you will notice I included him in the list. But since I do currently believe him to be town, that's not where my vote is going.

And you know what? Assume everything I said makes no sense, and is not relevant whatsoever, and your points are completely right, even though I don't fully understand. You were the one who once said to me:

Reversed stupidity is not intelligence. If a psychopath says the sky is blue that doesn't make the sky green. If <A> gives a nonsensical reason why <B> is scum, that doesn't make him town.

Nothing you've said is exactly a ringing endorsement for TA. And:
The people who jumped on it are where I would look for scum now. Ironically, that's iguana. But then he changed. The others are raptor and simon.
is untrue because TA was also in that group.

For the record, I don't have an opinion on the moment of EFHW's alignment, nor on the alignments of the people who jumped on the wagon regardless of her faction. Tomorrow is another day.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2018, 05:09:26 am »

Not sure if 'white knighting' means just townreading or guaranteeing as town. Because I'm only talking about the former, I don't care about 'doubling down'.

Strong townreading. I was talking about that. I was also mostly addressing ii. If you're just talking about stating a townread, sure, every scum will state townnreads on towns. But then that's not an argument anyway. I took you as saying that I was scummy because I focused on defending ii in particular, who is a common townread.

And you know what? Assume everything I said makes no sense, and is not relevant whatsoever, and your points are completely right, even though I don't fully understand. You were the one who once said to me [...]:

Right. I'm not claiming that the flawed-ness of your argument makes me town. I'm claiming there's no positive evidence against me expressed so far.

is untrue because TA was also in that group.

I didn't see that. I don't oppose a TA lynch, either. But he's a vet, so all things equal, I'd rather lynch Simon.

Simon Jester

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: hockeyzemlan
  • changed life, changed everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2018, 06:50:04 am »

vote: simon

Everyday I'm tunneling..

However, I agree that the wagon probably have scum on itself. TA is still there: vote: TA
S

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2018, 09:36:12 am »

Because it is day 1 and i openly admit to not being able to have substantial reads day one and it is just guess work.
Why are you pretending people should be sonsure on day 1?

I wasn't suggesting that you should be so sure. But there is some information to go off of and it seemed like your reads were very random, as if you weren't considering the framework of who was voting for who very much when you assembled them but going off of pure gut feel about each individual in a vacuum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2018, 09:39:34 am »

Alas, you are right.

So you'll policy lynch me for being hard to read? You made a similar argument about Robz earlier, with the difference that his new meta makes him participate less.

This isn't a policy lynch. This is a tunnel on a weak scum read, because I have nothing better to go off of right now. It bothers me that you are not responding with the same cavalier attitude that you have responded with in your last town game where you got D1 suspicion. I realize that you aren't a restless spirit here, but still... It was an earlier calmness in your play that tipped me off to a potential scum read on you. Your response hasn't been satisfying.

Look, I'm probably wrong. I've played enough games to know that. That's what sucks about mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.833 seconds with 20 queries.