Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M117: Emotions Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 145037 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2018, 02:36:16 pm »

Space seems townie.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2018, 02:37:02 pm »

I actually think skumpy is scum here.

Real question - Why? I have like a tinfoil hat D1 theory, but it is currently being outweighed by the silliness of the approach.
Did gkrieg answer this and where is DatSwan?

More than anything it is gut-based.  He feels like he is trying to conform to his meta for some reason.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2018, 02:50:50 pm »

Galzria is giving me a slighty scum feel. Iguana reads townyish to me. Simon is scummier, And I don’t really have reads on any else. No real town reads thus far.

bote: galzria to have my vote somewhere

How is Simon scummier?

He seems very self aware and focusing on how people read him was my impression. But I don’t know if that’s a scum tell or a personality tell, a lot of people act this way very naturally. You (efhw) have given that impression as well.

I’m a bit surprised that I’ve contributed nothing and I’ve gotten zero suspicion, really no one has even talked about me at all this game. Maybe I’m getting a pass because it’s my first game in awhile, but I’d have expected people to be more suspicious of me.

I’m going to re-read raptor since he’s got 4 votes on him right now. I’m having trouble forming opinions on anyone since I feel like there’s been lots of noise and little substance thus far — every post I read and then throw aside because I get nothing from it on initial read, but it’s time for me to dig in more and make an actual opinion. I’m hoping doing a targeted read vs going through the thread will come up with something.

I said galz seemed scummy (vote: galzria to get it on record) but I don’t remember why other than an impression off of one post.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2018, 02:57:52 pm »

Real question - Why? I have like a tinfoil hat D1 theory, but it is currently being outweighed by the silliness of the approach.

More than anything it is gut-based.  He feels like he is trying to conform to his meta for some reason.

The first time I played as scum, my entire game was based around trying to conform to my meta because anything outside of that would be extremely noticeable and would get me lynched. Galz saw through that instantly.

Now, I'm at a point where I can just play how I feel, and don't need to worry about specifically copying certain attributes of my townplay. If you must know, the coalition play was something I was intending to do before seeing my alignment. If I end up as scum again and discover that my scumplay is actually quite transparent, maybe things will change. Right now, I'm doing what feels natural. And as town this game, that's especially easy.

Scum, I hope you've been very entertained by my last few posts, because I'm having a blast writing them.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2018, 03:06:58 pm »

The first time I played as scum, my entire game was based around trying to conform to my meta because anything outside of that would be extremely noticeable and would get me lynched. Galz saw through that instantly.

Now, I'm at a point where I can just play how I feel, and don't need to worry about specifically copying certain attributes of my townplay. If you must know, the coalition play was something I was intending to do before seeing my alignment. If I end up as scum again and discover that my scumplay is actually quite transparent, maybe things will change. Right now, I'm doing what feels natural. And as town this game, that's especially easy.

Scum, I hope you've been very entertained by my last few posts, because I'm having a blast writing them.

Even this post seems premeditated to me.  Like you are trying to have this attitude, but that it is fake.  (sorry if you are actually town and this is actually you, this is just my opinion on the tone as it relates to the game).

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2018, 03:15:50 pm »

Even this post seems premeditated to me.  Like you are trying to have this attitude, but that it is fake.  (sorry if you are actually town and this is actually you, this is just my opinion on the tone as it relates to the game).

It's not. I have no other premeditated schemes or evil genius plays up my sleeve at the moment. I might admit to being scum and start a game with a self-vote, but that's the only one. Perhaps I'll come up with some more before next time, who knows? Meantime, I'll accept your apology in advance.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2018, 03:24:57 pm »

You know what, it's time to shut about me. I've done way too good a job of taking attention off scum.

Let's ramble about the Galz wagon, which I am indeed currently on.
He has given me nothing to think he's town. My reasons for voting, however, like all D1 reasons, are weak at best. And probably wrong. Additionally, I'm honestly not sure if it's a good vote, going strictly by expected value. I know from experience he's a good town player who can figure the lies out. It would be a shame to lose that D1. Additionally, it would be a shame to throw suspicion on the townies who cause a lynch and save scum from having to use a nightkill on him. But if he's scum, then that's a huge asset, not only by getting rid of a good player, but by putting scum in an uncomfortable position of whether or not they want to bus this.

Which is more important to do in this game, I'm too new to say. So I guess I'm going to side with inertia and wait and see what happens.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2018, 03:28:58 pm »

Ok, let's see where we are

iguana and skumpy are towny. Everyone else is null.

Not too great. We still have some time but not too much.

Maybe I could go for galz. I don't like the total dismissiveness of the scumslip. What if it actually was a scumslip?

Actually, that possibility sort of negates the towniness of skumpy and puts him closer to null. But I'm not voting for him anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Lol, why are iguana and skumpy townie?

iguana was the only one who made sense on the skumpy deal. All of his posts feel natural and on point

skumpy is no longer towny since they just admitted to have planed the deal thing before the game started. Now slightly scummy for the scumslip.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2018, 03:43:28 pm »

vote: Space I expected a more thorough response to the day from them.

Simon Jester

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: hockeyzemlan
  • changed life, changed everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2018, 04:03:24 pm »

Feeling blind, what response are you referring to?
S

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2018, 04:10:31 pm »

I mean they were busy and then didn't have access, so there was a lot to catch up on. I would have expected them, once they were able to post, to do a more thorough job responding to the day instead of just the one scumslip post.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2018, 04:19:58 pm »

I mean they were busy and then didn't have access, so there was a lot to catch up on. I would have expected them, once they were able to post, to do a more thorough job responding to the day instead of just the one scumslip post.

Eh, this seems SUPER weak to me.  People are busy and don't catch up all at once.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2018, 04:23:11 pm »

Eh, this seems SUPER weak to me.  People are busy and don't catch up all at once.
It's not much. But it's different from their usual style, I think.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2018, 06:37:02 pm »

Gkrieg also giving off townie vibes right now.

I can't see any possible basis for this read other than he and you agreeing on a couple small points

OMGUS here.

You're absolutely right, in a way. But the implication that the OMGUS is scummy or unreasonable is wrong. I am not emotionally involved in the read.

That being said, you antagonizing me and scumreading the things I do and making short standoffish comments is making me scum read you because I can't remember you ever acting this way toward me before.

I actually don't believe that town!gkrieg would be scumreading me for what I have said/done, so it is giving me pause and making me feel null to scum on you.

I also know that last game you were disappointed to roll scum so that would make your lack of engagement here scummy.

I need to think about whether any of this is worth a vote
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2018, 06:43:10 pm »

Note: had not seen some of gkrieg's recent posts when I posted above. Will reconsider.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2018, 06:44:48 pm »

Gkrieg also giving off townie vibes right now.

I can't see any possible basis for this read other than he and you agreeing on a couple small points

OMGUS here.

You're absolutely right, in a way. But the implication that the OMGUS is scummy or unreasonable is wrong. I am not emotionally involved in the read.

That being said, you antagonizing me and scumreading the things I do and making short standoffish comments is making me scum read you because I can't remember you ever acting this way toward me before.

I actually don't believe that town!gkrieg would be scumreading me for what I have said/done, so it is giving me pause and making me feel null to scum on you.

I also know that last game you were disappointed to roll scum so that would make your lack of engagement here scummy.

I need to think about whether any of this is worth a vote

I was disappointed to roll scum, but I don't have lack of engagement here.  I'm pretty engaged.

Why don't you think that town!gkrieg would be scumreading you?  For the record, I don't actually think you are all that scummy.  The OMGUS was a little scummy (more of a joke from my part), and the first comment that you were skumpy's partner was (to me) obviously a joke.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2018, 06:47:26 pm »

Okay, cancel literally everything I said about gkrieg. I was wrong.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2018, 06:48:08 pm »

Galzria is a crappy lynch.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2018, 07:07:46 pm »

Prod dodging until this evening. I had work stuff come up the last few days. I need to do a catchup and then I’ll get some thoughts down.

It’s not raptor - stop being lazy.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2018, 07:45:53 pm »

I’m a bit surprised that I’ve contributed nothing and I’ve gotten zero suspicion, really no one has even talked about me at all this game. Maybe I’m getting a pass because it’s my first game in awhile, but I’d have expected people to be more suspicious of me.

Happy to oblige. Vote: TA
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2018, 07:50:25 pm »

Galzria is giving me a slighty scum feel. Iguana reads townyish to me. Simon is scummier, And I don’t really have reads on any else. No real town reads thus far.

bote: galzria to have my vote somewhere

How is Simon scummier?

He seems very self aware and focusing on how people read him was my impression. But I don’t know if that’s a scum tell or a personality tell, a lot of people act this way very naturally. You (efhw) have given that impression as well.

I’m going to re-read raptor since he’s got 4 votes on him right now. I’m having trouble forming opinions on anyone since I feel like there’s been lots of noise and little substance thus far — every post I read and then throw aside because I get nothing from it on initial read, but it’s time for me to dig in more and make an actual opinion. I’m hoping doing a targeted read vs going through the thread will come up with something.

I said galz seemed scummy (vote: galzria to get it on record) but I don’t remember why other than an impression off of one post.

I don't like your Galz vote, but I could vote EFHW I think.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2018, 07:51:50 pm »

Happy to oblige. Vote: TA

what's scummy about that post?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2018, 12:22:24 am »

Realized I will not be around for D1 end. VLA tomorrow afternoon- till Tuesday afternoon sometime. I will have zero service during this time.

I don’t really have an opinion on the whole scum slip fiasco. No real reads yet. I kinda want to vote Skumpy but I think that’s just because it’s Skumpy. If nothing major happens in the next 20 hours I’ll just place my vote with whoever has the most at the time, to help get a lynch off. But for now Unvote

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2018, 03:34:43 am »

ok iguana, so why is galz not a good lynch?

Who is better?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2018, 05:12:42 am »

What do you feel?

Vote Count 1.5

Skumpy (1): gkrieg13
silverspawn (1): SpaceAnemone
Galzria (3): Skumpy, silverspawn, Twistedarcher
Xxraptorslayer96 (1): iguanaiguana
SpaceAnemone (2): Simon Jester, EFHW
Twistedarcher (1): Robz888
Not Voting (3): Galzria, DatSwan, Xxraptorslayer96

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends Monday, August 13th at 7 pm FT.

Note: I will be VLA till Monday morning.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.