Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M117: Emotions Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 145043 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2018, 02:03:54 pm »

C'mon y'all. If this is our Thursday activity level then the weekend is going to be all crickets. People arr leaving each others questions unanswered, that's no way to play
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (1 spot left!)
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2018, 02:08:02 pm »

C'mon y'all. If this is our Thursday activity level then the weekend is going to be all crickets. People arr leaving each others questions unanswered, that's no way to play

And I don't particularly want to be prodding.

/in

EDIT: Oh I guess raptor took the last spot already. Well I can replace if needed.

Also, Iguana's feeling pretty townie to me.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2018, 02:17:15 pm »

I don't see Skumpy as scum here, I really don't. It would be too easy just let this game keep sleeping and Skumpy is trying to do, well, at least something with it. I don't want to scumread active players, not this early anyway. Lynch the lurkers!

Vote: Xxraptor

Could you please elaborate your vote for me a little more now? Is the alt-account-thing still the reason or is there anything more to it?

I tend to get classified as a lurker D1 every game I play. So not a huge surprise. As for you Vote, yes still because of the alt-acct. but it wasn’t a super serious vote.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2018, 02:23:42 pm »

I dont really know you. Can you share your approach to the game / scum hunting?

When playing, I try to look for abnormalities in play style compared to other games. As well as look for people slipping up. Both of which are hard to read/catch D1.

I would like to extend this question to everyone, to help get the ball rolling .

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2018, 03:17:08 pm »

Raptor already has like, 10x his normal D1 content. I'm not sure if that's scummy because he's trying harder to avoid the natural suspicion he receives for lurking D1, or if it's a result of his genuine excitement to play another game, which would result in a more prominent Raptor regardless of alignment.

It could very much be the latter, and thus I am generally disinclined to consider a vote on him at this time.

Simon's OMGUS vote on Raptor is scummy though.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2018, 03:19:26 pm »

Datswan is town.

I did want to hear more about this.

Nothing to hear. I feel I have a pretty good read on Datswan, and that read points towards him being town.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2018, 03:22:01 pm »

Gkrieg also giving off townie vibes right now.

Mafia Record:

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2018, 03:23:50 pm »

I don't see Skumpy as scum here, I really don't. It would be too easy just let this game keep sleeping and Skumpy is trying to do, well, at least something with it. I don't want to scumread active players, not this early anyway. Lynch the lurkers!

Could you please elaborate your vote for me a little more now? Is the alt-account-thing still the reason or is there anything more to it?

I’m surprised to see such a read on skumpy. I don’t think he’s scum but I also think he’s town. Do you think he’s town, or do you just not want to lynch him because he’s active? You’re saying both but they’re very different reasons to not want to lynch him.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2018, 03:26:06 pm »

Galzria is giving me a slighty scum feel. Iguana reads townyish to me. Simon is scummier, And I don’t really have reads on any else. No real town reads thus far.

bote: galzria to have my vote somewhere

Simon Jester

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: hockeyzemlan
  • changed life, changed everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2018, 04:00:27 pm »

I’m surprised to see such a read on skumpy. I don’t think he’s scum but I also think he’s town. Do you think he’s town, or do you just not want to lynch him because he’s active? You’re saying both but they’re very different reasons to not want to lynch him.

I get a townie feeling out of it after all, yes. It's perhaps not much, but frankly he is the towniest player around as of now. I know that players are busy, but the silence is damning nevertheless and both iguana and skumpy gets more townpoints there of trying to get people to talk. It's of course a read that can change rapidly, but it is still there.

Simon's OMGUS vote on Raptor is scummy though.

It's honestly a LALL- vote more than OMGUS, I haven't read any game with raptor to my knowledge so I wouldn't know if he is usually quiet. His vote on me was semi-RVS so I don't really mind. 

I dont really know you. Can you share your approach to the game / scum hunting?

When playing, I try to look for abnormalities in play style compared to other games. As well as look for people slipping up. Both of which are hard to read/catch D1.

I would like to extend this question to everyone, to help get the ball rolling .

I don't have any developed "system" for scumhunting yet, I agree that it is difficult but talking in general helps a lot naturally. Just feeling out tones and approaches to the game is good enough D1 I guess.

Is there anything about the setup that is worth mentioning by the way?
S

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2018, 04:36:00 pm »

Maybe the team is Galzria/DatSwan/Raptor, lol
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2018, 04:58:46 pm »

Okay, I'm caught up! Greetings from a beautiful hotel bar in New Orleans.

Simon Jester using an alt account isn't really scummy, per say, it's just sort of frowned upon / against the rules. But I accept his explanation that he didn't know, and sounds like he was more just switching to a new account. And he told us what the other one was, so I think that's all fine. Not really something to vote over, so I'll throw a vote at Raptor for having done so. Vote: Raptor

I think these pacts are pretty dumb, or would be dumb if they were actually obeyed, but I presume they won't be when push comes to shove, so pretty much it's just a distraction. Skumpy is sort of screaming "I'm scum!" so loudly that he's probably not.

What did you mean by this, iguana?

I could vote Robz too because of how he tanked his own meta and that makes him a hard read now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2018, 05:21:23 pm »

vote: raptor

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2018, 05:52:34 pm »

Curious about this. What did you think of Galzria's post re: raptor making an effort to participate more?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2018, 05:53:11 pm »

Same to Robz.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2018, 05:54:15 pm »

Galzria is giving me a slighty scum feel. Iguana reads townyish to me. Simon is scummier, And I don’t really have reads on any else. No real town reads thus far.

bote: galzria to have my vote somewhere

How is Simon scummier?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2018, 06:17:57 pm »

I know you've done a pretty good job of showing yourself the ropes.

I reread things on the train yesterday, but couldn't post because if lack of signal. Did anyone else wonder whether Skumpy could have scumslipped by having let on that he'd had pre-game communication with Simon in the scum QT? If so, what made you not want to post about it?

I know he said he was using the "who's online" thing, but that's a pretty odd/unusual admission to make, and it seems weird to say exactly this, rather than "I see you're well-versed in our back-catalogue" or something that also acknowledged the source of the "showing the ropes" stuff at the same time.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2018, 06:22:40 pm »

Sorry guys, had a late night getting back home from inlaws last night (curse you California wildfires).  Will try to get to this tommorrow.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2018, 06:39:52 pm »

Curious about this. What did you think of Galzria's post re: raptor making an effort to participate more?

I mean, Galz is probably right about that, I just thinking jumping on SJ for the alt-account thing is something scum might do. It's a weak vote for Raptor, though.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2018, 06:56:04 pm »

Nothing. I don't remember having played with raptor before. But someone needs to have pressure, and I have no scumreads yet.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2018, 07:10:38 pm »

Maybe the team is Galzria/DatSwan/Raptor, lol

That would be fun  :D. For those of you that do not know. Gaz, Swan and I work/see each other on a regular basis.

Simon Jester

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: hockeyzemlan
  • changed life, changed everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:43 pm »

Did anyone else wonder whether Skumpy could have scumslipped by having let on that he'd had pre-game communication with Simon in the scum QT?

Only scum cares about scumslips and this one is quite farfetched too. Here, take a scumpoint!
S

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2018, 08:09:24 pm »

Reading in full now, responding if my names shows up.

I think these pacts are pretty dumb, or would be dumb if they were actually obeyed, but I presume they won't be when push comes to shove, so pretty much it's just a distraction. Skumpy is sort of screaming "I'm scum!" so loudly that he's probably not.

Pacts are dumb? How else do you suggest we bring salvation back?
And I always act super Skummy, nothing new this game.

Did anyone else wonder whether Skumpy could have scumslipped by having let on that he'd had pre-game communication with Simon in the scum QT?

Only scum cares about scumslips and this one is quite farfetched too. Here, take a scumpoint!
Simon said it better than I could. I mean: really, Space? This kind of reminds me of that time where I accused you of mixing up me and other newbies intentionally. Y'know, that time when I was scum?

So Raptor's the focal point. Fun stuff. For those who don't know, this is the complete history of said dinosaur:

M105: His first game (mine too!). Said not much, made weakish cases, eventually got caught in a lie as scum D4.
M110: More lurking. A few posts, a few opinions. Town distrusted him, and vigged him as town early on.
NM11: Played a really loud game. Made interesting reads, was active, was cross-examining people, was challenging suspect plays, was considering everybody as potential scum, and had by far and away the best reads of anybody else, especially D1. Died right when he had figured out the entire scum team.
M116: One I have looked at in retrospect. He went back to lurking, saying little. Lynched D1. Scum, right? No, town again.
M117: A little less lurky than usual. But for the most part, same old, except the one game.

He's probably in, like, the upper half of scummy players this game. But Raptor was so uncharacteristic the one time that I think I agree with Galz and want to give him more time (yes, I am aware where my vote currently sits). Definitely not the worst lynch possible, but this is such a easy early lynch. Scum flip wouldn't shock me, but it doesn't feel like the right way to go right now.

Oh yeah, Simon's feeling pretty townie too. Probably wrong on something I've said so far, but I'll find that out later. Insert typical "I hate D1" post.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2018, 11:32:34 pm »

I don't agree that only scum care about scumslips. But I do agree that this probably isn't one.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2018, 03:41:32 am »

I super duper strongly disagree that only scum cares about scumslips. I think town cares more about scumslips, generally.

This doesn't seem like one to me either, but I wouldn't disount it completely.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.