Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M117: Emotions Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 145992 times)

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: August 17, 2018, 06:16:31 am »

I think that you are miss remembering me there. I was VLA for through N1.

Raptor: I saw your name that Tuesday afternoon. 'Who's Online' doesn't lie.

FOS to everyone not actively moving us to a lynch. There’s a lot of people who still have their votes in useless places 2.5 hours to deadline, and some of these people have come in and posted and not moved their votes.
This. Also going to extend it to Raptor for showing up and not moving his vote.

Note the timestamp. This is only a few hours before the lynch takes place. Why would I lie about something and give the other 10 people online at the time the chance to doublecheck my work and find out about my deception? So if you're going to continue to maintain that you did not open a browser and look at the forums during this period, I have no choice but to either report a bug to the forum moderator or vote you now. So for that, for the fact that your game is a far cry from NM11, and for cherrypicking the easiest case possible against me (something I saw you do as scum 1 year ago - do you know better now, I don't know):

Vote: Raptor

After that TA and Swan are my next candidates.

Realized I will not be around for D1 end. VLA tomorrow afternoon- till Tuesday afternoon sometime. I will have zero service during this time.

Here’s where I said that I was out till Tuesday afternoon  :) ... but unfortunately the day closed on Monday sometime.  :(  I was in the California back country fighting bears at the time your lynched galz.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M117: Emotions Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #526 on: August 17, 2018, 06:23:05 am »

@skumpy It’s hardly cherry picking. If you came off as less scummy it wouldn’t be so easy to make a case on you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 17, 2018, 06:35:30 am »

LAL

vote: raptor

if you weren't there, then why were you online?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 17, 2018, 06:46:24 am »

LAL

if you weren't there, then why were you online?

Your statement confuses me, when do you believe that I was online?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 17, 2018, 07:16:02 am »

nvm I think I misunderstood.

back to vote: Simon

@skumpy: EFHW and Simon is super a thing.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 17, 2018, 09:18:39 am »

It lies in two ways:

1. People can opt never to be listed. I believe plenty of current Mafia players turn off the listing specifically so they can't be tracked like that.

2. I've read somewhere that leaving an f.ds tab open in a browser (even a phone browser) has been shown to make a pearson appear as present even if they're not actively reloading the page or interacting with it. I was more sceptical of that, but TBH, it makes the game more fun to believe it, and less about who can dedicate the longest time to stalking "Who's Online".
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 17, 2018, 09:29:11 am »

Ugh are we really using "fake news" here in mafia games? OK, time to log off, that's absurd and I am so unhappy that that's bleeding into f.ds. Time to go cooldown

Why didn't you come back for deadline?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 17, 2018, 09:33:20 am »

Skumpy said he saw raptor online on Tues afternoon, but eod was on Monday.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 17, 2018, 11:28:36 am »

Yeah, that's what I noticed too, hence the unvote.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 17, 2018, 11:37:09 am »

It's still a weird thing to say. On Tues he would have known the day had ended.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 17, 2018, 12:21:22 pm »

Skumpy may just be mis-remembering what day of the week the deadline was on, now that he's referring back to it. I'm assuming he meant to say that he was stalking Who's Online on the Monday, unless he comes along to say differently. Either way, I don't think it's as informative as he thinks it is.

At one stage, LL had a "Tuesday" in the deadline text of a VC, I think, because for a while during D1 I had the idea in my head that it was going to be the Tuesday and not the Monday, too.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 17, 2018, 12:52:33 pm »

Skumpy may just be mis-remembering what day of the week the deadline was on, now that he's referring back to it. I'm assuming he meant to say that he was stalking Who's Online on the Monday, unless he comes along to say differently. Either way, I don't think it's as informative as he thinks it is.

This. The quote I gave is from that Monday.

It lies in two ways:

1. People can opt never to be listed. I believe plenty of current Mafia players turn off the listing specifically so they can't be tracked like that.

2. I've read somewhere that leaving an f.ds tab open in a browser (even a phone browser) has been shown to make a pearson appear as present even if they're not actively reloading the page or interacting with it. I was more sceptical of that, but TBH, it makes the game more fun to believe it, and less about who can dedicate the longest time to stalking "Who's Online".

1. There are indeed false negatives. So far, I haven't seen a false positive.

2. Surely something would still have to happen to cause it to trigger? And while I agree that it's not the fun thing to do, given that I did notice it, I can't put it out of my mind and discard it completely.

I was in the California back country fighting bears at the time your lynched galz.

That does sound pretty exhilarating, hope it was fun. Also, I see what you're doing there. Clever.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Simon Jester

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: hockeyzemlan
  • changed life, changed everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 17, 2018, 01:02:41 pm »

nvm I think I misunderstood.

back to vote: Simon

@skumpy: EFHW and Simon is super a thing.

Just that it isn't.

Scum had no reason to interact at the deadline yesterday. If TA isn't happening I can try raptor, by all means.

S

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 17, 2018, 01:18:36 pm »

Sorry, busy day yesterday.  Did anyone claim to be the other mason?  I'm much less likely to believe a claim tomorrow, and if we get another mislynch today, tomorrow will be MYLO, so scum will definitely 1v1 for the win.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 17, 2018, 02:34:18 pm »

Lynching off of some "Who's Online" confusion has never ever ever ever ever been good. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've most often argued for lynching like this when I am myself scum, so big FOS at Skumpy.

Sorry, I've not been engaging with this game nearly enough. I feel like TA and gkrieg are just as un-engaged, though? Gkrieg I guess has an excuse, where is TA?

I skimmed Space's math posts, per usual--no offense, Space. I guess Space's case on EFHW is more persuasive than anything else I've seen, so Vote: EFHW.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 17, 2018, 02:58:29 pm »

Lynching off of some "Who's Online" confusion has never ever ever ever ever been good. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've most often argued for lynching like this when I am myself scum, so big FOS at Skumpy.

Well, yes. Though you also have to remember that his big defense of the whole "scumslip" discussion was that he'd been stalking "Who's Online" before the game even started, and that's how he knew that Simon had learned the ropes well.. so if he can make it look like stalking "Who's Online" is a big part of his play strategy, then that looks more natural retrospectively.

I've not been engaging with this game nearly enough. I feel like TA and gkrieg are just as un-engaged, though?

Yes. I've mentally awarded scumpoints to you and gkrieg accordingly. Less so to TA, because he's an unknown to me. I feel like he's really not giving me much to go on...

I skimmed Space's math posts, per usual--no offense, Space.

No offense taken!

I guess Space's case on EFHW is more persuasive than anything else I've seen, so Vote: EFHW.

This points to the fact that we need some more persuasive cases, really. I wasn't even trying to make a case so much as deflect what I thought was undeserved suspicion coming my way from EFWH because I was one of the people active at the EoD and not moving to lynch Galz.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 17, 2018, 03:08:07 pm »

TA is an unknown to you? Didn't realize that. He was a high skill veteran player for a long stretch of games.

If I'm accruing scum points and all other cases are bad, why am I not getting your vote?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 17, 2018, 03:12:25 pm »

You should read the conclusion of space' math posts, though. It's not like in past games where there was lots of debate, what they said is on point.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 17, 2018, 05:39:35 pm »

TA is an unknown to you? Didn't realize that. He was a high skill veteran player for a long stretch of games.

If I'm accruing scum points and all other cases are bad, why am I not getting your vote?
I was wondering the same thing about you voting me just after awarding a bunch of scum points to Skumpy.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 17, 2018, 05:44:15 pm »

I'm annoyed by the who's online thing. Raptor and DatSwan both say raptor didn't have access. So is Skumpy making this up?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 17, 2018, 07:54:33 pm »

From his posting backlog, it looks like the previous game he was in was M101, which was a really small one that I wasn't playing in. Before that, it was M70. I joined for M84, though my first game was M85, because that actually started earlier :-) I think M85 was LL's first one, too!

I didn't say you were the only one accruing points. I'm mulling some stuff over and seeing what cases stick in my head right now. Well, in general. Right now it's bed time.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 17, 2018, 07:58:31 pm »

Hey, was going to come home and catch up this evening, but it turns out my internet is out, so I’m stuck to mobile for the time being. I’m in a similar place to robz, in that I haven’t gotten into the flow of things. Galz flipping town definitely didn’t help that feeling.

Re-reading this evening then hoping internet is fixed tomorrow so I can quote and post things, but probably will have to wait until tomorrow to contribute.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 17, 2018, 08:07:06 pm »

Well, yes. Though you also have to remember that his big defense of the whole "scumslip" discussion was that he'd been stalking "Who's Online" before the game even started, and that's how he knew that Simon had learned the ropes well.. so if he can make it look like stalking "Who's Online" is a big part of his play strategy, then that looks more natural retrospectively.

It's not a part of my strategy; it's something I notice. There've been plenty of times I see people online and reading without posting; I don't care and I'm not going to call out by name (with the one exception) because it's not super informative and it's something I'm often guilty of.

I'm annoyed by the who's online thing. Raptor and DatSwan both say raptor didn't have access. So is Skumpy making this up?
As I said before: it'd be stupid of me to make something up when it's something that's very easily checkable by everyone else.

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 17, 2018, 10:41:39 pm »

How would it be checkable?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 17, 2018, 10:51:00 pm »

so @DatSwan, I was actually being literate when I said I don't undestand how your post comes to the conclusion that I'm scummy. I don't understand what you are accusing me of having done. I'm particularly interested in hearing what you think I did wasn't pro town.

Being “wrong about the vote count” the “aw shucks comment” the switching with II.... pretty much the stuff i already posted
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.