Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Finally Built the Deck of My Dreams - But How Would You Optimize It?  (Read 2119 times)

benedettosoxfan

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: benedettosoxfan
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
+8

Code: [Select]
Ranger
Catacombs
Mandarin
Mystic
Prince
Poor House
Beggar
Peasant
Tracker
Changeling
Donate
Trade
Game ID 16643703
First of all, I couldn't decide to put this in game reports or the challenges so apologies if this is in the wrong section. Also, I don't know how to get the pictures to appear so I apologies for the noobiness there as well. I've always thought that the most hilarious thing you can do in dominion is prince 2 poor houses with no other cards in your deck. It requires a LOT of things to go right (poor house and prince of course) and the stars finally aligned for me. I got a 3/4 opening on a board with donate, poor house, prince, changeling, pouch, and shelters for necropolis. This allows you to do the following:
Turn 1: 3 coppers- buy poor house
Turn 2: 3 coppers, 1 pouch - buy poor house, donate down to 2 poor houses and necro (5 debt remaning)
Turn 3: Pay off debt, buy changeling
Turn 4: Buy prince
Turn 5: Prince first poor house, play second house, buy something if you want, exchange changeling for 2nd prince in night phase
Turn 6: Prince second poor house, buy something if you want.

Boom. 6 turns in and you have a 1 card deck (optional) and you have a guaranteed province every turn. Except for some dumb reason that's not what I did. I got greedy and kept the pouch after donating on turn 2. I worked my way up the peasant line and added some mystics for the card token so I could double province, which I eventually did, and still princed 2 poor houses, but it took probably longer than it should have. So my question/challenge to you is this: Can you come up with a way to beat the 6 turn golden deck? Is it worthwhile to hold on to the pouch after donating? Do you bother with the peasant line? What would you do with this once in a lifetime chance to build one of the silliest decks possible?

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
Re: Finally Built the Deck of My Dreams - But How Would You Optimize It?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 08:06:06 pm »
+2

Nice. We can call this the Prince and the Pauper kingdom. I suppose Princing a Beggar would be even more "Prince and the Pauper"-ish, but it's still amusing that this set actually does have Beggar.

Erick648

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +628
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 09:52:09 pm »
+1

If you Prince a Poor House on Turn 5, you can't exchange Changeling for Prince because Prince is no longer in play (it's set aside).  The only way you can get a Prince from Changeling is to choose not to set it aside (so it does nothing but stays in play and gets cleaned up like normal).  Fortunately, you can Prince both Poor Houses on Turn 6, so the only loss is the ability to buy a $4 card on Turn 6.
Duplicate duplicates Duplicates duplicate Duplicates duplicate.

Rene Descartes taught me to believe in myself.

How much Loot could a Looter loot if a Looter could loot Loot?

jonaskoelker

• Explorer
  • Grand Market = cantrip Woodcutter
  • Respect: +397
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 02:47:34 pm »
+1

As viewed through the lens of the f.ds browser extension:

(Ranger, Catacombs, Mandarin, Mystic, Prince, Poor House, Beggar, Peasant, Tracker, Changeling, Donate, Trade)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.