Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Never send a Golem to barter  (Read 1913 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
Never send a Golem to barter
« on: June 26, 2011, 05:22:56 pm »

I played a game with Golem. It was a pretty action-sparse setup, so I got Golem mostly to make use of the Menagerie and Lighthouse actions.

After I got smacked with Goons, I decided to keep my Gold, Silver, and Golem. I figured that maybe I could find my own Goons or some other way to get up to 8. After all, I was already 5/8 on my way to a Province!

My first action was Lighthouse. Okay, not bad. Let's see what the second action is. Oh, Horse Traders. Wait, I said while looking at my remaining Gold and Silver in my hand. That sounds like a bad plan. I certainly hope the card says "may." Oh, bugger, it does not. I turned my Gold and Silver into 3 coins, not even enough to get a Duchy.

So now when I play Golem, I give him a message, "Don't give away the homeworld!"
A man has no signature

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Never send a Golem to barter
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 06:26:58 pm »

Don't send him to a trading post, or as an ambassador, for an upgrade, or tell him to remake anything either.

Amaranth

• Ambassador
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 06:58:05 pm »

Don't send him to a trading post, or as an ambassador, for an upgrade, or tell him to remake anything either.
I've done all of those things. IMO, Trading Post in particular is one of the best cards to Golem.

bedlam

• Bishop
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:08:33 pm »

Just the other day I golem'd a tactician that ended a pretty impressive collection of coins and potential double province buy...lame. but I did get the double province on my next hand.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 20 queries.