Dominion > Rules Questions

"in play" on Royal Carriage

(1/7) > >>

majiponi:

--- Quote from: mad4math on July 16, 2018, 11:17:39 pm ---Call a royal carriage on a card that is in your opponent's play area.

--- End quote ---

Is it possible to call Royal Carriage after playing an Action which I played and which is in my OPPONENT's play? I mean,

I Inherit Crown, Sally Inherits Caravan Guard.

play Estate1 to play Estate2 twice
- play Estate2 to play Estate3 twice
--- play Estate3 to play Throne Room twice
----- play Throne Room to play University twice
------- play University to gain Mandarin
--------- reveal Watchtower to trash
------- play University to gain Cultist
--------- reveal Watchtower to trash
----- play Throne Room to play Ambassador twice
------- play Ambassador to put back Estate3
------- play Ambassador
--------- Sally plays Estate4 to draw Estate3
--------- Sally plays Estate3
--------- I revealed Estate2
--- play Estate3 (which is in Sally's play) as Caravan Guard
----- call Royal Carriage to replay Estate3 (which is still in Sally's play)

Is it legal? Lighthouse's "in play" means "in my play", and Grand Castle's one means "in our play", I suppose.

werothegreat:
Rules as written, I'd say yes.  You managed, through shenanigans, to play an Action belonging to another player, and it is in play.

Lighthouse is "while this is in play", and if you managed to shift that to another player, they'd be the one protected by an Attack, though you would still get the + at the start of your next turn.

Grand Castle is just "in play" and counts all players' Victory cards.

GendoIkari:
Pretty sure this should be no, because of the “still”. If it has left play and re-entered play, it is not “still” in play.

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: GendoIkari on July 17, 2018, 11:36:30 pm ---Pretty sure this should be no, because of the “still”. If it has left play and re-entered play, it is not “still” in play.

--- End quote ---
Correct. You can only use Royal Carriage if the card has not left play; it's not enough for it to have returned to play.

majiponi:
Thank you. I was not sure whether Estate3 was "still" in play, since it hadn't moved since I had played it as the second time, which may cause Royal Carriage to be called.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version