Royal Seal fix

(1/4) > >>

popsofctown:
Keeping this out of general.

Eager Seal
4$ Treasure
Worth 2$
+1 Buy
While this is in play, when you gain a card that more than 4$, trash Eager Seal next clean up.
While this is in play, when you gain a card, put it onto your deck.

Holunder9:
I don't know, seems too conditional to me. Brilliant in a Kingdom with cheap engine components; OK when you hit 4, want a Silver and later want it out of your deck anyway; otherwise bad.

Royal Seal as a Tracker/Pouch mix is kind of already done in the official game so I'd steer away from giving Royal Seal an extra Buy.

crj:
On a practical note, it needs to be "trash this" not "trash Eager Seal" or you cause all sorts of ambiguities and corner cases. I'm also unsure why "next clean-up" is preferable to doing it immediately.

I'm also not sure why you've lost the optional nature of Royal Seal.

GendoIkari:

--- Quote from: crj on July 12, 2018, 12:22:42 pm ---I'm also unsure why "next clean-up" is preferable to doing it immediately.

--- End quote ---

If you trashed it immediately, it wouldn't give you any top-decking, because it wouldn't be in play when you bought any cards.

The solution would be to give it the Travelling Fair wording of "when you gain a card this turn", rather than "while this is in play". Then you can have it be trashed immediately.

popsofctown:

--- Quote from: GendoIkari on July 12, 2018, 03:20:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: crj on July 12, 2018, 12:22:42 pm ---I'm also unsure why "next clean-up" is preferable to doing it immediately.

--- End quote ---

If you trashed it immediately, it wouldn't give you any top-decking, because it wouldn't be in play when you bought any cards.

The solution would be to give it the Travelling Fair wording of "when you gain a card this turn", rather than "while this is in play". Then you can have it be trashed immediately.

--- End quote ---
Sure, that would work better.

I made it non optional so that it's not too good in Gardens games.  Bad call?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version