Dominion > Dominion Articles

Combo/Synergy: Courtier + Werewolf

(1/4) > >>

werothegreat:
(surprised no one else has done this yet)

Pretty straightforward: Werewolf is a full pile of cards with 4 types.  If you reveal one for Courtier, you get all of the choices, turning your Courtier into a "Gold" with +Buy that gains real Golds, which is pretty neat.  I'm not sure if this is game-winning or anything, but it's definitely more than just "cute".

Anyway, it's late at night when I'm posting this, so this is more of a "looking for discussion" thing than a "here is a finished article" thing.

faust:
Usually 3 Types is enough to get all you really need from Courtier. If you play the Engine, then you don't usually want the Gold; if you play BM, then you can do without the buy.

crj:
This combo already existed with Dave Josephine, although she's just one card rather than an entire stack.

For added hilarity, you Inherit Werewolf. At that point the ruling goes that you just get all four bonuses once each, no fifth effect.

Am I the only person, by the way, who's a little sad that Courtier implies there will never be a card with more than four types? I want my Action-Treasure-Night-Attack-Doom-Duration-Reaction, dammit! (-8

Chris is me:
This isn’t really a “combo” in the traditional sense, or anything to write about, but there’s some neat synergy:

- Both cards are “soft terminals” that you can spam without as much problems with collision (extra Werewolves attack, all your Courtiers are nonterminal

- Gold gaining helps buffer a few of the Werewolf Hexes (handsize reducers and trash mostly) and gives you something not dead to draw with your Werewolves

- Less buttons to click online

werothegreat:

--- Quote from: Chris is me on July 09, 2018, 10:42:51 am ---- Less buttons to click online

--- End quote ---

I couldn't decide whether to say "a man after my own heart" or "fewer"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version