Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Ruined cards  (Read 16110 times)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
Re: Ruined cards
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2018, 10:49:59 am »
+1

Bad Bank: Worth 1$ per Ruins you have in play.
Trouble is, that one could potentially be better than normal Bank. Especially if you played Champion immediately after the Ruins pile emptied.

You mean like when Abandoned Mine is better than Mine in a treasureless engine or Ruined Library is better than Library if your hand is 8 or more cards?

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 11:12:28 am »

Yes - Bad Bank better than Bank when your deck is flooded with Ruins.

Difference being, your deck being flooded with Ruins is pretty likely in a Looter game and Bad Bank could be a lot better.

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2018, 01:51:37 pm »
+4

Kind of Brownish Market: Reveal the top 3 cards of the Ruins deck. You may buy one of the revealed cards. Put the rest on the bottom of the Ruins deck in any order.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2018, 02:51:15 pm »

Yes - Bad Bank better than Bank when your deck is flooded with Ruins.

Difference being, your deck being flooded with Ruins is pretty likely in a Looter game and Bad Bank could be a lot better.

You still assume the presence of Champion, I presume? Because I really don't see why you would waste your Actions on Ruins otherwise. That's kind of an edge case, as far as that's relevant in a discussion about silly made up Ruins.

crj

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2018, 03:18:23 pm »

Champion would help. Lost Arts would help. Draw-to-N would help. Lots of things would help. (It also matters how many of these new Ruins you would be putting out, for how many players.)

But I'll point out that if you played three Action-Ruins then two Bad Banks, that's already $9 to spend.Four Action-Ruins then three Bad Banks is $18 to spend. That's not stellar for a typical game, but it's a pretty nifty yield from "junk" cards you've been given by your opponent during a slog.

Screwyioux

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: JakeTheZipper
  • Respect: +226
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 03:20:50 pm »
+2

Poorer House: $2. Reveal your hand and discard any treasures

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
  • Respect: +637
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 04:57:18 pm »

Champion would help. Lost Arts would help. Draw-to-N would help. Lots of things would help. (It also matters how many of these new Ruins you would be putting out, for how many players.)

But I'll point out that if you played three Action-Ruins then two Bad Banks, that's already $9 to spend.Four Action-Ruins then three Bad Banks is $18 to spend. That's not stellar for a typical game, but it's a pretty nifty yield from "junk" cards you've been given by your opponent during a slog.
I'd been assuming Bad Bank itself was intended as an action card (like the other Ruins), so in general it would be a Terminal Copper. If you manage to collide Bad Bank with a Ruined Village then it becomes Terminal Silver (and even for that you might have had to forego a better play such as trashing or sifting past that Ruined Village). Managing any more than that in a deck filled with Ruins seems pretty unlikely.
Bank on the other hand is at least a Non-terminal Copper, so it is basically always better, even in an otherwise treasureless deck.
Yes, Champion or Lost Arts changes things, but most Ruins are situationally useful.

crj

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2018, 07:29:58 pm »
+1

I'd been assuming Bad Bank itself was intended as an action card
Ah. Yeah. I was assuming it would be a Treasure-Ruins. If it was an Action-Ruins that would be a very different matter.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2018, 09:40:16 pm »

At the end of the day, it's a joke card. I wrote it as being worth 1 per Ruins, so I guess the card I gave was a Treasure, simply because I wanted to mirror Bank. It wasn't really something I spent much thought on. I just felt citing Champion as a reason why a card like Bad Bank was strong was like calling Counting House strong just because there's Travelling Fair.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2018, 10:18:44 pm »
+2

Ruined Farmers' Market
+1 Buy. If there are 4VP or more on the Ruined Farmers' Market Supply pile, take them and trash this. Otherwise, add 1VP to the pile and then +$1 per 1VP on the pile.

Think about it...

crj

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 09:22:03 am »

Think about it...
Um. I'm thinking about it. Either I'm missing something, or you think Ruins don't have a Supply pile?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10736
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2018, 12:40:09 pm »
+1

Think about it...
Um. I'm thinking about it. Either I'm missing something, or you think Ruins don't have a Supply pile?

Well there's a Ruins supply pile, but not a Ruined Farmers' Market supply pile. I assume that's why he went with that particular wording... if it just said "its pile", then we know from Ambassador rules that it would indeed be the general Ruins pile.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

crj

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2018, 12:45:42 pm »

Hmm. I'd have said that, for example, the knights pile was also the Sir Martin Supply pile, but there we go.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10736
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2018, 03:33:23 pm »

Hmm. I'd have said that, for example, the knights pile was also the Sir Martin Supply pile, but there we go.

Yeah, I agree. But as Dominion avoids such terminology (using "return to the supply" instead for things like Ambassador), then there's no "correct" interpretation of "Sir Martin Supply pile".
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2018, 09:55:29 pm »

Yes, the idea was that the pile doesn't exist. So this card is the same as a Farmers' Market from the Black Market, i.e. a Ruined Market.

spiralstaircase

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +452
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2018, 07:14:42 am »
+2

Unfaithful hound: When you discard this other than during Clean-up, you may set it aside.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 05:31:16 pm »
+3

Ruined Shepherd: +1 Action, Discard any number of Victory cards, revealing them. +2 Cards per card discarded.

Shepherd is not Scout.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Shvegait

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2018, 09:12:34 pm »
+4

Humble Ruins (Treasure-Victory-Ruins)
$0, 0 VP

Crumbling Ruins (Ruins)
When you gain or trash this, gain a Copper.

Small Ruins (Action-Ruins-Looter)
Trash this or a Ruins from your hand. If you do, gain a Ruins.

Haunted Ruins (Ruins)
When you gain this during your turn, gain a Copper, and each player with 5 or more cards in hand puts a card from their hand onto their deck.

Opulent Ruins (Action-Ruins)
Discard any number of Ruins cards. +(1) per card discarded.

Sprawling Ruins (Ruins-Looter)
When you gain this, gain a Ruins or 3 Ruins.

Grand Ruins (Ruins)
When you gain this, reveal your hand. +1 VP per Ruins card in your hand and/or in play.

King's Ruins (Victory-Ruins)
Worth 1 VP per Ruins you have.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:29:17 pm by Shvegait »

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2018, 07:46:52 am »
+3

Inadequate Enchantress (Action - Attack - Ruins)
Until your next turn, the first time each other player plays an Action card on their turn, they may choose to get +1 Card and +1 Action instead of following its instructions.
At the start of your next turn, reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a Ruins, put it in your hand. Otherwise, put it back.

Band of Failures (Action - Ruins)
Play this as if it were a Ruins in the supply. This is that card until it leaves play.

Undergraduate Engineer (Action - Ruins)
Gain a Ruins. You may trash this. If you do, gain a Ruins.

Common Blacksmith (Action - Ruins)
+5 Cards. Reveal your hand; put your hand on your discard pile (without discarding them).

Unsatisfactory Page (Action - Ruins - Traveller)
+1 Action. When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for an Unsatisfactory Page.

Relatively Large Man (Action - Attack - Ruins)
Turn your Journey token over (it starts face up). If it's face up, +$1, and each other player reveals the top card of their deck.

Unwelcome Envoy (Action - Ruins)
Reveal the top 5 cards of your deck. The player to your left chooses one. Put that one into your hand and discard the rest.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2018, 09:38:09 am »

Ah, ruined travellers, I suppose we could have separate piles for them and then put some copies of the starting ones into the Ruins pile.

Naive Peasant: +1 Buy; When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Naive Soldier.
Naive Soldier: +1 Coin; When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Naive Fugitive.
Naive Fugitive: +1 Card; When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Naive Disciple.
Naive Disciple: Reach for your tokens; When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Naive Peasant.

crj

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2018, 10:01:35 am »

Naive Teacher would have to allow you to place your "you may play a Ruin" token on any Action Supply pile.

Rain On Your Wedding Day, Event: +1 Buy. During Clean-Up, as many times you like you may gain a Ruins to discard a debt token.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:10:10 am by crj »

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2018, 03:44:26 am »

Idle Duchess: In games using this, when you gain a Duchy, you may gain an Idle Duchess.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2018, 11:49:57 am »
+3

Incompetent Minion: You may discard your hand and draw 4 cards.

Birthday Clown: Each other player discards the top card of their deck. Each player, including you, gains a copy of every discarded card.

Blind Lookout: Look at the top 3 cards of your deck. Discard one of them and put the rest back on top in any order.

Stolen Cache: When you gain this, gain 2 Coppers.

Stolen Stash: When you shuffle, put this anywhere in your deck.

Impeached Governor: Choose one, that each player including you gets: +1 Card, gain a Copper, or trash a card from your hand and gain one costing no more than it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:52:29 am by Commodore Chuckles »

Shvegait

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2018, 11:46:54 pm »
+4

Blind Lookout: Look at the top 3 cards of your deck. Discard one of them and put the rest back on top in any order.

How about: Set aside the top 3 cards of your deck face down (you may not look at them). Trash one of them. Discard one of them. Put the other one back on top of your deck.

crj

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2018, 12:55:28 pm »

Masked Balls-Up: Shuffle your hand face-down. Pass one card at random to each other player. Each player who received a card passes you a card.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.