Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Engines that don't increase handsize  (Read 5755 times)

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
  • Respect: +329
    • View Profile
Re: Engines that don't increase handsize
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 02:52:43 pm »

Could we please drop the subject? We've got enough flame wars already.

I once lost a game where my opponent put Lost Arts on Horse Traders and used Menagerie to draw back the discarded cards. It wasn't a terrific engine, but it was better than my money-ish deck.

That example might be kind of rare, but if there's trashing, a village (or "splitter" as some like to say), and good terminal payload, I think that an engine is perfectly feasible. For instance, if you have Chapel, Village, and Swindler in a game, I think that it's worthwhile to trash down and play a bunch of Swindlers per turn.
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

jomini

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +766
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2018, 09:47:38 pm »

It is always blindingly obvious in context. If my writing offends you, don't read it.
No, it isn't. Especially when you're illiterate enough that you say "Msqr" instead of "MSqr".

Sure, we can all ignore you if that's what you want. But don't say you weren't warned.

Oh for Pete's sake. This is supposed to be a place to post for fun. If reading me isn't fun - STOP READING. This board takes itself way too seriously with people getting waaaaaaay too angry over trivial things. Man I miss the days when we could discuss Dominion without every thread having a scold come to tell us how we are not discussing it the right way.

It is too bad that people are so caught up in etiquette, how to be an elite player, respect fishing, and all this other BS. Just relax and enjoy discussing the game. Tolerate the people who disagree with you, be mature enough to know when to take breaks, and do not get caught up in doing it "right". This talk of having everyone start shunning is just utterly beyond reasonable.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2018, 10:15:01 pm »
+4

It is always blindingly obvious in context. If my writing offends you, don't read it.
No, it isn't. Especially when you're illiterate enough that you say "Msqr" instead of "MSqr".

Sure, we can all ignore you if that's what you want. But don't say you weren't warned.

Oh for Pete's sake. This is supposed to be a place to post for fun. If reading me isn't fun - STOP READING. This board takes itself way too seriously with people getting waaaaaaay too angry over trivial things. Man I miss the days when we could discuss Dominion without every thread having a scold come to tell us how we are not discussing it the right way.

He said, as he got angry over a trivial thing, not discussing Dominion and scolding people on not discussing things the right way.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.