Dominion > Puzzles and Challenges

The Boon challenge

(1/2) > >>

faust:
The puzzle is simple:

Using only Kingdom cards from Nocturne, what is the maximum number of times you can receive the same Boon over the course of a single turn?

Assume a legal 2-player game, cooperation from your opponent, and perfect shuffle luck.

Somewhat more interestingly, what is the number for a solitaire game?

crj:
I'm guessing unbounded. Take one of the unbounded sequences that we already know Villa enables and tweak it to repeat a Boon-giving payload.

Drab Emordnilap:

--- Quote from: faust on June 26, 2018, 02:39:45 pm ---Using only Kingdom cards from Nocturne,

--- End quote ---

Kirian:
I'm no good at these challenges, so consider my 16 as an initial lower bound:

6 copies of Druid are set aside with 6 copies of Ghost.  You have 4 copies of Druid in hand.  One of the set-aside Boons is +Action.

faust:

--- Quote from: Kirian on June 26, 2018, 08:16:41 pm ---I'm no good at these challenges, so consider my 16 as an initial lower bound:

6 copies of Druid are set aside with 6 copies of Ghost.  You have 4 copies of Druid in hand.  One of the set-aside Boons is +Action.

--- End quote ---
I can say that the Boon in my solution is not set aside by Druid, and my lower bound is higher. (I think 16 is actually the maximum number of times you can play Druid with Nocturne only, unless I missed some shenanigans involving Necromancer).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version