Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Two expansion that were permanently unlocked are locked again  (Read 1688 times)

qwertzuiop1337

• Pawn
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile

Hi,

my dominion account is from pre 2017, when there was the old client around. I had purchased two expansions on my old account. When the new client was introduced, I had both of those expansions unlocked up until now. I recently had a one month subscription to unlock all expansions for a month. It has now run out. However the two expansions that I had unlocked as permanent are now locked, just like the rest.

Doesn't seem right to me...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Two expansion that were permanently unlocked are locked again
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 05:44:02 am »

Hi,

my dominion account is from pre 2017, when there was the old client around. I had purchased two expansions on my old account. When the new client was introduced, I had both of those expansions unlocked up until now. I recently had a one month subscription to unlock all expansions for a month. It has now run out. However the two expansions that I had unlocked as permanent are now locked, just like the rest.

Doesn't seem right to me...

The thing is, the company you bought the expansions from "permanently" (Goko/Making Fun) didn't have a permanent license to Dominion Online, and when their license expired, so did your expansions, basically. When Shuffle iT released their implementation in 2017, everyone got a free subscription for 12 months to the expansions they had previously owned, which was paid for by some combination of Donald X., Rio Grande Games and Shuffle iT in an effort to make people somewhat less unhappy about the fact that the previous company sold everyone a misleading product.

As for why the two expansions were still available for you in 2018, my best guess is that they weren't and you didn't notice until now, or you replied to the thread on Shuffle iT forums where they extended the duration of your free subscription in exchange for you providing them feedback.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Two expansion that were permanently unlocked are locked again
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 09:58:03 am »
+2

Your’e right that it doesn’t seem right; but as Awa said, it was Goko that did the thing that wasn’t right, not ShuffleIT.

As an analogy, imagine that you bought a new Ford car from a dealership, and they told you that the car would last forever. Then a couple years later, that car broke down and stopped working, and not only that, the dealership that sold it to you went out of business, so you couldn’t get your money back.  Then, a new Toyota dealership opened up, and because they felt bad about your old car; they agreed to loan you a new Toyota completely free for a year. Like a really long test drive. After that year; the loan was up, and you have to lease the car in order to keep driving it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:05:07 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.