Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Season 28 - E8  (Read 124 times)

Gazbag

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +715
    • View Profile
Season 28 - E8
« on: June 03, 2018, 03:54:34 pm »

This thread is dedicated to group E8, moderated by tracer.

nameUTCTimezone
CBP-6:00America/Denver
erinblack-6:00America/Denver
Filbert66-7:00America/Los_Angeles
littlestdube-7:00America/Los_Angeles
sapphirestarfish-7:00America/Los_Angeles
turtle01-7:00America/Los_Angeles

You are responsible for scheduling your own matches.

We highly recommend using the Dominion Discord for scheduling. We have a division-specific channel there for planning matches, and realtime communication is much better for this sort of task. If you have joined the Discord but don't have access to your division's specific channel, please contact SamE either here or on Discord.

If you want to schedule a match against a specific opponent, please send him/her a personal message. If you want to play a match against someone but don't know who yet, please announce it in this thread.

If you have any issues at any point during the season, please contact the Dominion League Hotline. A League moderator will reply to you as soon as possible.

Suggested Schedule
If you don't know who to play first, here is a suggested schedule for your matches.

Week 1 Jun 04 - Jun 10
    CBP - erinblack
    Filbert66 - littlestdube
    sapphirestarfish - turtle01
Week 2 Jun 11 - Jun 17
    CBP - Filbert66
    erinblack - sapphirestarfish
    littlestdube - turtle01
Week 3 Jun 18 - Jun 24
    CBP - littlestdube
    Filbert66 - sapphirestarfish
    erinblack - turtle01
Week 4 Jun 25 - Jul 01
    CBP - sapphirestarfish
    erinblack - littlestdube
    Filbert66 - turtle01
Week 5 Jul 02 - Jul 08
    erinblack - Filbert66
    littlestdube - sapphirestarfish
    CBP - turtle01
Week 6 Jul 09 - Jul 15
    Finish up leftover matches

There is no obligation to stick to this schedule, but please try to play a pace of at least one match per week. Playing them faster is never a problem; playing them slower is.

If you do not manage to keep up, proactively explain yourself in this thread, your Discord channel, and with a PM to tracer.
If you fail to play games and do not communicate about it, you will be removed from the League.

After you finish a match, please post the results via the Google form that you should have received by private message. It will also be pinned in your division channel in Discord.
If you take a break after finishing a couple of games, please post partial results here and delete your post when you complete the match.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 02:29:54 pm by samath »

traces Around

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: tracer
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile
Re: Season 28 - E8
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 09:41:15 pm »

Welcome to Season 28, my first as a moderator. In the interest of me looking good, I would like to have your seasons go smoothly, and ideally done with a week remaining. Obviously this requires good scheduling, which requires good communication, which I will do my best to encourage. This will mean:

• Getting all of you on discord and specifically in the channel dedicated to this division (you should see a league category in the left sidebar with 3 #'s with locks including your division channel) so that you can have real-time communication about when to play, which tends to be more productive than private messages. See the link in my signature if you are not already there. If there and unable to see the division channel, make a post in #dominionleague (but really anywhere will do) saying that you need to be placed into your division channel.
  • Installing the discord app on your phone and having notifications on. This will make it so that you can see when somebody is looking for you. Please do use discord - I know there are other methods but this makes it easy for me to keep track of how you are doing.
  • Scheduling matches ahead of time. While spontaneous games do happen, scheduling ahead actually gets things done. While not required, I recommend placing matches on the match calendar, which, again, allows me (and everyone else, but don't worry, most people won't watch lower divisions) to keep track of things.
  • I will bother you each Sunday if you are not on a (visible) one match per week pace. This is why it is in your interest to put things where I can see them, because even if you are behind this pace in actually playing, it is scheduling I am concerned about. Late matches this season are less acceptable, so plan to finish with time to spare should unexpected conflicts arise.

I'm looking forward to this season and I hope you will be looking forward to the next one after it.

tracer

eb1246

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: erinblack
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 06:19:07 pm »

Hi everyone,
Looking forward to playing Dominion with you!
I am very available to play this next week during the day or in the evening - traveling June 12-20 so a little less available then.
I'd love to play a couple matches this week if possible - let me know if you're interested!

filbert66

• Herbalist
  • Shuffle iT Username: filbert66
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 01:27:35 am »

• Installing the discord app on your phone and having notifications on. This will make it so that you can see when somebody is looking for you. Please do use discord - I know there are other methods but this makes it easy for me to keep track of how you are doing.
    That's a good idea! I have tended to check only when I'm at my computer. Can you set it so only a certain channel alerts you?

samath

• Board Moderator
    • Shuffle iT Username: SamE
    • Respect: +527
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 06:37:34 am »

That's a good idea! I have tended to check only when I'm at my computer. Can you set it so only a certain channel alerts you?

Yep! Just change the Notification Settings for that channel to “All Messages.”

filbert66

• Herbalist
    • Shuffle iT Username: filbert66
    • Respect: +9
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 03:49:53 pm »

Hi, everyone! I'm glad to be in a division with more people in my time zone!
    I am normally available for a game Wed/Thu eves, most of Sat & Sunday afternoon. I'm on vacation Week5 of the league so I'd like to finish games up before then, if poss. 

littlestdube

• Pawn
    • Shuffle iT Username: littlestdube
    • Respect: +8
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 05:48:34 pm »

Hello guys!! I'm free to play today/tonight and my schedule is open next few days, please message me here or discord so we can schedule our matches.

Thanks,

Melissa
    Melissa :)
    Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 20 queries.