Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 128099 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day three!)
« Reply #775 on: July 18, 2018, 07:32:09 am »

I am clueless about who might be scum, which almost always indicates that there's some really high-level team. Maybe Galz is scum after all?
Nice framing you got going there.

You seem to be almost the only one trying to put shade on me. As I remember, when I am town and you or gkrieg are scumreading me, this usually means you're scum, because you both can read me very well. I feel the same now
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 18, 2018, 07:34:51 am »

That's so weird, I was sure pps is scum. How come we have DatSwan who is unlimited flavor cop AND item-swapper and erm, 1-shot Babysitter which is worse than 1-shot Doctor?
If you were sure that PPS was scum, why were you voting for me?

I wasn't online since pps claimed and when I was reading the EoD his claim seemed to me very scummy
When exactly between the hammer and the flip were you online and why did you not post?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 18, 2018, 07:35:22 am »

You can call this all bias, but we'll never know until we lynch you. I can't recognize any town stuff you did this game, even when I reread trying to imagine I am just a spectator. This is why I will return to vote: faust and hope someone else will back me up this time.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 18, 2018, 07:36:45 am »

That's so weird, I was sure pps is scum. How come we have DatSwan who is unlimited flavor cop AND item-swapper and erm, 1-shot Babysitter which is worse than 1-shot Doctor?

I wasn't online since pps claimed and when I was reading the EoD his claim seemed to me very scummy
When exactly between the hammer and the flip were you online and why did you not post?

I was online after the flip, when it already was a night.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 18, 2018, 07:38:08 am »

You can call this all bias, but we'll never know until we lynch you. I can't recognize any town stuff you did this game, even when I reread trying to imagine I am just a spectator. This is why I will return to vote: faust and hope someone else will back me up this time.
- what did I do that was scummy?
- what do you think about the claim I made right at the start of this day?
- if I am scum, who makes sense as my scumpartner?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: July 18, 2018, 07:38:54 am »

But after the flip you would already know that PPS was town... so when did you think that he was scum, exactly?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 18, 2018, 07:46:17 am »

- what did I do that was scummy?
- what do you think about the claim I made right at the start of this day?
- if I am scum, who makes sense as my scumpartner?

Well, nothing really changed from before, so mcmc can come and call this all terrible reasoning, but here we are. I still think your claim of a protective role was strange and unfaust-ish. I think this is weird that you're still alive claimed a protective role and, again, being faust. All the last times I remember if you're alive in the beginning of D3, you're scum. And yeah, WIFOM of course, but it did work earlier, though no one lynched you then and you won. Also, you're really almost the only one scumreading me and this means you think I am an easy mislynch, as I already have mentioned.

I don't think you should've done it actually, I'd look at the reactions of people if I were town. No claiming is good before the reaction onto the event. It's like if I am Tracker I start the day with I saw Hydrad targeting gkrieg (this is not the case). Why would I do this?

Actually I think that your partners are some people from the subset [gkrieg/mcmc/Robz]. Maybe Galz, but he tunneled you quite effectively, which of course can be a good play. I don't know. The idea of you/gkrieg/mcmc/X? team is quite settling in my head.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 18, 2018, 07:48:13 am »

When I was reading from his claim to the flip.
I entered the forum, clicked a little "new" button near the thread, and it automatically put me onto the first of unread messages in the thread (page 30 if I am not mistaken). I was reading onward and saw pps' claim. I thought "alright, this guy is scum". Then I was reading forward and then I saw the flip of town!pps. This is exactly what happened and you're trying to do something strange here

But after the flip you would already know that PPS was town... so when did you think that he was scum, exactly?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 18, 2018, 07:48:21 am »

ugh

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 18, 2018, 07:48:33 am »

I entered the forum, clicked a little "new" button near the thread, and it automatically put me onto the first of unread messages in the thread (page 30 if I am not mistaken). I was reading onward and saw pps' claim. I thought "alright, this guy is scum". Then I was reading forward and then I saw the flip of town!pps. This is exactly what happened and you're trying to do something strange here

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 18, 2018, 07:58:45 am »

Well, nothing really changed from before, so mcmc can come and call this all terrible reasoning, but here we are. I still think your claim of a protective role was strange and unfaust-ish.
Being different is not scummy.

I think this is weird that you're still alive claimed a protective role and, again, being faust. All the last times I remember if you're alive in the beginning of D3, you're scum. And yeah, WIFOM of course, but it did work earlier, though no one lynched you then and you won.
Noone died tonight. So obviously I couldn't have died tonight. It is very much possible that scum targeted me and I was protected. Your case here is only that I wasn't killed N1.

Also, you're really almost the only one scumreading me and this means you think I am an easy mislynch, as I already have mentioned.
If noone else is scumreading you, how exactly are you an easy mislynch?

I don't think you should've done it actually, I'd look at the reactions of people if I were town. No claiming is good before the reaction onto the event. It's like if I am Tracker I start the day with I saw Hydrad targeting gkrieg (this is not the case). Why would I do this?
That is a false analogy. If I am a Tracker seeing something, then I can catch that player in a lie if he claims something else. That is why I won't tip them off that they have to claim their real target. I do not have any information that can catch anyone in a lie. The only thing my claim does is back up the claim of some other player who is a protective role. I claim early so that it is clear that it is genuine. Scum did not expect no kill, I assume. The longer I wait to reveal such information, the more likely would it be in the eyes of the rest of you that I made up some scheme as scum. Claiming early supports me being town.

And why would I do it as scum? It does not help me; in fact, it hurts scum because the player with a protective role might be IC'd, as well as their target. If I claimed to have protected as well as scum, then I could cast doubt on the whole thing. You will say I did it for towncred, which is always the excuse when you have no other thing to say, but really scum!me would know that anything I did was subject to intense scrutiny and would never give me much towncred, and ICing two townies just for the sake of looking a tiny bit townier is a terrible trade for scum.

Actually I think that your partners are some people from the subset [gkrieg/mcmc/Robz]. Maybe Galz, but he tunneled you quite effectively, which of course can be a good play. I don't know. The idea of you/gkrieg/mcmc/X? team is quite settling in my head.
I think gkrieg has also consistently been scumreading me.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 18, 2018, 08:03:38 am »

I don't know about others, but when I read, the first thing I check is the flip. This accomplishes 3 things:

- I am aware that I may not post anymore.
- no more tension of not knowing. I want to know things asap!
- I can analyze things through the lens of already knowing 1 more alignment, so my catching up will be more fruitful.

So, I don't really believe you. That is, surely it is possible that you approach this different than me, but it is also possible that you are scum - and for scum, the flip did not reveal any new information, so there is no clear distinction between before reading the flip and after.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 18, 2018, 08:09:29 am »

I think this is weird that you're still alive claimed a protective role and, again, being faust. All the last times I remember if you're alive in the beginning of D3, you're scum. And yeah, WIFOM of course, but it did work earlier, though no one lynched you then and you won.
Noone died tonight. So obviously I couldn't have died tonight. It is very much possible that scum targeted me and I was protected. Your case here is only that I wasn't killed N1.

I don't think anyone would protect you as we have supposed lovers and supposed main character, but it's just me.

Also, you're really almost the only one scumreading me and this means you think I am an easy mislynch, as I already have mentioned.
If noone else is scumreading you, how exactly are you an easy mislynch?

You are a person capable of convincing others to lynch someone, and you make good fake cases and people tend to trust you in all the games.

That is a false analogy. If I am a Tracker seeing something, then I can catch that player in a lie if he claims something else. That is why I won't tip them off that they have to claim their real target. I do not have any information that can catch anyone in a lie. The only thing my claim does is back up the claim of some other player who is a protective role. I claim early so that it is clear that it is genuine. Scum did not expect no kill, I assume. The longer I wait to reveal such information, the more likely would it be in the eyes of the rest of you that I made up some scheme as scum. Claiming early supports me being town.

And why would I do it as scum? It does not help me; in fact, it hurts scum because the player with a protective role might be IC'd, as well as their target. If I claimed to have protected as well as scum, then I could cast doubt on the whole thing. You will say I did it for towncred, which is always the excuse when you have no other thing to say, but really scum!me would know that anything I did was subject to intense scrutiny and would never give me much towncred, and ICing two townies just for the sake of looking a tiny bit townier is a terrible trade for scum.

You have told the scum that there is another protective role; you have told the scum, you still have the protective abilities, as you told you never used them N1 and you now told you never used them N2. Isn't this a lot of info you shouldn't've told? Person with a protective role can not be IC'd. We supposedly have you with a protective, pps had protective, maybe someone else has a protective role, this is not exactly the ICing and this would not hurt scum!you.

I think gkrieg has also consistently been scumreading me.

I don't remember. I remember me/pps/Galz being on your back all the time, so gkrieg even if was scumreading you, was doing this subtly which again points that you can be scum!partners.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 18, 2018, 08:12:29 am »

I don't know about others, but when I read, the first thing I check is the flip. This accomplishes 3 things:

- I am aware that I may not post anymore.
- no more tension of not knowing. I want to know things asap!
- I can analyze things through the lens of already knowing 1 more alignment, so my catching up will be more fruitful.

So, I don't really believe you. That is, surely it is possible that you approach this different than me, but it is also possible that you are scum - and for scum, the flip did not reveal any new information, so there is no clear distinction between before reading the flip and after.

I always read things consecutively, you may believe it or not

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 18, 2018, 08:13:56 am »

I think we play Mafia for different reasons actually. Tension of not knowing and intrigue is the thing I value most in Mafia games

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 18, 2018, 08:14:38 am »

I think we play Mafia for different reasons actually. Tension of not knowing and intrigue is the thing I value most in Mafia games

E.g., I read, decide for myself that pps is scum and then check if I was right or not

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 18, 2018, 08:17:38 am »

I don't think anyone would protect you as we have supposed lovers and supposed main character, but it's just me.
So you argue that noone would protect me (i.e. I am unlikely to be killed), but still I am scummy for still being alive? You just listed a bunch of reasons for why me still being alive makes total sense...

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 18, 2018, 08:20:22 am »

So you argue that noone would protect me (i.e. I am unlikely to be killed), but still I am scummy for still being alive? You just listed a bunch of reasons for why me still being alive makes total sense...

you are unlikely to be protected because protectors do not know if you're town. You are likely to be killed if you're town because scum knows you're town. So if you're town, you're much more likely to be killed than protected. I think you're trying to confuse me.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 18, 2018, 08:22:56 am »

Also, we probably want some claiming going.

EFHW should make a list by voting in the order people should claim.

Why are we claiming? I like the idea of a dead person setting the order though.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 18, 2018, 08:23:35 am »

So you want the order, but not the claim? :D

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: July 18, 2018, 08:24:43 am »

So you want the order, but not the claim? :D

Two separate thoughts.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 18, 2018, 09:08:39 am »

Oh look the pps lynch was terrible and now we are in a scenario where lynching robz potentially ends the game for us wow it’s almost like we should have forced robz lover to claim and should have lynched him.

I don’t think anyone should claim yet other than galz. He is the only reason I was okay not lynching robz yesterday. I have reason to believe galz is town based on all the info he has compared to the info I have.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 18, 2018, 09:36:50 am »

I don’t think anyone should claim yet other than galz. He is the only reason I was okay not lynching robz yesterday. I have reason to believe galz is town based on all the info he has compared to the info I have.
If you think he is town, why is it important that he claims?

I would rather force scum to claim. And I have some ideas where they are.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 18, 2018, 09:56:13 am »

Bold is mine, but does that mean you support a claim today?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 18, 2018, 10:48:52 am »

I could have possibly been responsible for the lack of night kill
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.