Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 128166 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day two!)
« Reply #700 on: July 14, 2018, 11:00:33 am »

I think faust and Robz are lovers. I'm coming around to the idea they both know each other to be town which explains a lack of co-claim(?) (regardless if the other one is faust). I was all about lynching Robz or faust before the lover claim. After really situating on that claim and the implications I'm willing to look elsewhere today. I thought we got mod-killed after two prods so is the IDP lynch worthwhile unless we beat the prod-kill?

Does it in any way help to publicly speculate? If the other lover wanted to claim, they would. Could that be any more clear at this point?

Yeah, I think it does. Either they are a lover pair and the same alignment and thus very unlikely to be scum or they are scum partners with a fakeclaim. The behavior suggests some degree of partnering. That behavior was large factor in my scum read. Having a rationale for giving them a town read instead seems a worthwhile thing fto make public because otherwise I get mislynched for opportunistically jumping from the tunnel to another candidate with no reasoning because, you know, being inconsistent would just not be scummy at all, right?

Ok this makes me feel better about you. I wasn't actually following along fully why you were publicly speculating it. While I'm not sure if it was the right call still I think you are town.
I have been townreading Hydrad.
But this reads really forced and bizarre. And unHydrad.

I definitely still don't want to vote there today but wanted to mention it.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 14, 2018, 11:17:50 am »

I think faust and Robz are lovers. I'm coming around to the idea they both know each other to be town which explains a lack of co-claim(?) (regardless if the other one is faust). I was all about lynching Robz or faust before the lover claim. After really situating on that claim and the implications I'm willing to look elsewhere today. I thought we got mod-killed after two prods so is the IDP lynch worthwhile unless we beat the prod-kill?

Does it in any way help to publicly speculate? If the other lover wanted to claim, they would. Could that be any more clear at this point?

Yeah, I think it does. Either they are a lover pair and the same alignment and thus very unlikely to be scum or they are scum partners with a fakeclaim. The behavior suggests some degree of partnering. That behavior was large factor in my scum read. Having a rationale for giving them a town read instead seems a worthwhile thing fto make public because otherwise I get mislynched for opportunistically jumping from the tunnel to another candidate with no reasoning because, you know, being inconsistent would just not be scummy at all, right?

Ok this makes me feel better about you. I wasn't actually following along fully why you were publicly speculating it. While I'm not sure if it was the right call still I think you are town.

It seems like normal!Hydrad to me, but I get what you're saying about it seeming forced.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 14, 2018, 12:40:36 pm »

IDPTG is here and looks townie. vote: faust.
How does he look townie from those 6 posts?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 14, 2018, 12:41:32 pm »

In trying to make sure it was still D2, I saw this out of order. I'm not a terrible lynch, but I'm not self-voting.
This in particular is scummy.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 14, 2018, 01:21:08 pm »

In trying to make sure it was still D2, I saw this out of order. I'm not a terrible lynch, but I'm not self-voting.

This in particular is townie. All the time people say "I'm not a terrible lynch", they're town
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 14, 2018, 01:27:59 pm »

This in particular is townie. All the time people say "I'm not a terrible lynch", they're town

I remember saying this myself in some games I was town in looking onto myself from others' perspective. I would withhold saying this if I'm scum I think

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 14, 2018, 02:19:27 pm »

Your case on me this game is even weaker than usual.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 14, 2018, 05:19:34 pm »

wow good eye. You are totally correct on that post. It was forced.

I was busy for a bit but knew I needed to post something so I basically forced myself to try to post something that was useful.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 14, 2018, 05:22:33 pm »

Vote: gkrieg

you know. I didn't like it when it first appeared. but I feel like I'm running out of people I want to vote.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 14, 2018, 08:32:35 pm »

Your play this game is even weaker than usual.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 14, 2018, 08:42:17 pm »

So weaker play makes your case less compelling?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 15, 2018, 04:44:42 am »

So weaker play makes your case less compelling?
If there are no posts, there is not much to find you scummy for. So of course a case would look more barebones than one on an active player.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 15, 2018, 04:47:21 am »

I remember saying this myself in some games I was town in looking onto myself from others' perspective. I would withhold saying this if I'm scum I think
It is anti-town. It is announcing to scum that you don't have an important PR without giving town any useful information. It is always better to just claim than say something like this.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 15, 2018, 04:49:05 am »

So now I had a dream about this game. Scums were Eevee and some guy with a nickname “smm”. Also everyone had really bright colourful fonts

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 15, 2018, 04:52:56 am »

It is anti-town. It is announcing to scum that you don't have an important PR without giving town any useful information. It is always better to just claim than say something like this.

I know it is antitown. I don’t use it now, but I used it to apologize for a bad play on my part I didn’t geel comfortable about

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 15, 2018, 07:30:34 am »

Suddenly I have time again this weekend and am aware that deadline is tomorrow and I'm likely not to be around for it.
I'm not deadset on lynching IDPTG, but frankly I'm yet to see anything better.
I don't want to lynch Robz today, or faust.

I could lynch Lalight maybe maybe?  But, nyeh.  He's looking townier lately.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day one!)
« Reply #716 on: July 15, 2018, 09:33:21 am »

Vote count 2.6

Robz888 (3): IDontPlayThisGame, McMcsalot, gkrieg13
IDontPlayThisGame (2): Haddock, faust
gkrieg13 (2): Robz888, Hydrad
faust (1): Lalight
pingpongsam (2): Galzria, EFHW

Not Voting (1): pingpongsam

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends Monday, July 16, 2018, 10:30:00 am

That is in ~25 hours.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:42:56 am by iguanaiguana »
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 15, 2018, 10:12:44 am »

vote: Robz

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 15, 2018, 10:46:30 am »

I think PPS is a by far, the best lynch for today. There was interest for the lynch earlier, but when the opportunity to push it arose, that interest dissipated into thin air.

His self awareness when it's come to his reads has been a particularly strong scum tell as well. The way he was on Gkrieg earlier in D2 while maintaining his push for faust with the whole line of "oh, I would totally vote faust, but his lynch just seems too easy" and "I've been pushing the faust case all game" felt extremely setup. The fact that he had never even voted for faust until I called him out, plus the fact that he literally gave faust s "big town read" earlier in the game felt like he was trying to maintain control while disassociating himself with faust's potential lynch.

Now that's not at all to say that I find faust townie as a result here. The fact that it was so difficult to get PPS to vote there, coupled with the fact that faust was entirely willing to vote PPS (and did) until suddenly there was other interest in the PPS wagon reads very much as classic partner play. However, it's far more likely here to have scum!PPS & town!Faust than the other way around, and while they could be scum together lynching PPS simply makes more sense than lynching faust.

All of that is moot however as EFHW, LaLight (who I'm leaning townie on) and I seem to be the only ones interested in a PPS lynch. Note that Hydrad has come in to call Hydrad townie in the absence of much activity, which if PPS is in fact scum, is a nice way to try and move any potential momentum against PPS without actively engaging.

So unless ya'll wanna come around and lynch scum here, I'm kinda at a loss for what to do.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 15, 2018, 11:30:22 am »

So now I had a dream about this game. Scums were Eevee and some guy with a nickname “smm”. Also everyone had really bright colourful fonts

I had a dream that Robz was scum last night. I don’t think I’ve ever had a mafia dream before. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: July 15, 2018, 11:33:55 am »

Just looking at Haddocks signature and wow is he scum in RMMs a lot (that has nothing to do with this game)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 15, 2018, 11:34:42 am »

PPS is the least enticing of the wagons for me. Would rather lynch Robz or faust or IDPTG.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 15, 2018, 11:36:43 am »

Vote: PPS

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 15, 2018, 12:03:14 pm »

I think PPS is a by far, the best lynch for today. There was interest for the lynch earlier, but when the opportunity to push it arose, that interest dissipated into thin air.

His self awareness when it's come to his reads has been a particularly strong scum tell as well. The way he was on Gkrieg earlier in D2 while maintaining his push for faust with the whole line of "oh, I would totally vote faust, but his lynch just seems too easy" and "I've been pushing the faust case all game" felt extremely setup. The fact that he had never even voted for faust until I called him out, plus the fact that he literally gave faust s "big town read" earlier in the game felt like he was trying to maintain control while disassociating himself with faust's potential lynch.

Now that's not at all to say that I find faust townie as a result here. The fact that it was so difficult to get PPS to vote there, coupled with the fact that faust was entirely willing to vote PPS (and did) until suddenly there was other interest in the PPS wagon reads very much as classic partner play. However, it's far more likely here to have scum!PPS & town!Faust than the other way around, and while they could be scum together lynching PPS simply makes more sense than lynching faust.

All of that is moot however as EFHW, LaLight (who I'm leaning townie on) and I seem to be the only ones interested in a PPS lynch. Note that Hydrad has come in to call Hydrad townie in the absence of much activity, which if PPS is in fact scum, is a nice way to try and move any potential momentum against PPS without actively engaging.

So unless ya'll wanna come around and lynch scum here, I'm kinda at a loss for what to do.
Yeah I'm cool with that.

vote: PPS

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 15, 2018, 12:12:35 pm »

Vote: PPS
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 20 queries.