Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 128089 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day two!)
« Reply #675 on: July 13, 2018, 04:14:21 pm »

Sorry guys, had a paper deadline today.  What is scummy about PPS?

What isn't?

Consistency. The only anomaly was the gkrieg vote which was still consistent with townreading Galz. Otherwise, I’m pretty much convinced faust and/or Robz are scum and have been playing to that end. I am also feeling like if Robz is, indeed, a lover, the other person is faust but the fact that he won’t own it strikes me as scummy af. I made a pretty decent analysis of that hypothesis and it was summarily ignored.

Interesting.  This has a lot of self-awareness that I think is more likely to come from scum than town.
I don't know. It's a defense. Not a good one, but if you post a defense, self-awareness is required.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 13, 2018, 04:15:18 pm »

Is it possible for Robz to be a scum!lover and his partner be town?
No.

That is, if Robz is not confirmed town to their lover, then they should ebsolutely 100% claim.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 13, 2018, 04:18:36 pm »

The only thing I dislike about the PPS lynch is that he's sort of infuriating me, and I learned from a game or two ago that me being infuriated at PPS is a sign of him being town.
I get that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 13, 2018, 04:19:34 pm »

That recent stream of consciousness from gkrieg had a lot of bad reasoning in it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 13, 2018, 04:22:16 pm »

PPS is scummy in every game he plays. I'd go there for lacl of something better, tbh, cos i have never been able to read him.
Would probably prefer idtpg though?
vote: idptg

Isn't IDPTG also scummy in every game he plays?
Isn't that a really stupid rhethorical question? Could you maybe say what you actually think instead of just alluding?

I always find IDPTG scummy, so saying PPS is scummy in every game is not a good reason for not voting him if you like the case on him and he is scummy.  Especially when he votes for IDPTG, someone who is often scumread when he is town.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 13, 2018, 04:22:58 pm »

You don't have to have a QT together to know the other lover. 

vote: Robz
Is that a reason to vote for Robz?

No, it was everything I said previous to it, was just putting it in what I thought was going to be my last post.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 13, 2018, 04:25:08 pm »

Sorry guys, had a paper deadline today.  What is scummy about PPS?

What isn't?

Consistency. The only anomaly was the gkrieg vote which was still consistent with townreading Galz. Otherwise, I’m pretty much convinced faust and/or Robz are scum and have been playing to that end. I am also feeling like if Robz is, indeed, a lover, the other person is faust but the fact that he won’t own it strikes me as scummy af. I made a pretty decent analysis of that hypothesis and it was summarily ignored.

Interesting.  This has a lot of self-awareness that I think is more likely to come from scum than town.
I don't know. It's a defense. Not a good one, but if you post a defense, self-awareness is required.

But it isn't really a defense.  It was asking what essentially was townie about PPS, which I think town is less likely to know about themselves.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 13, 2018, 04:25:51 pm »

That recent stream of consciousness from gkrieg had a lot of bad reasoning in it.

Anything more than what you were just pointing out?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day one!)
« Reply #683 on: July 13, 2018, 05:01:57 pm »

Vote count 2.5

Robz888 (3): IDontPlayThisGame, McMcsalot, gkrieg13
IDontPlayThisGame (4): Hydrad, Haddock, faust, Lalight
gkrieg13 (1): Robz888
faust (1): pingpongsam
pingpongsam (1): Galzria

not voting (1): EFHW

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends Monday, July 16, 2018, 10:30:00 am
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 13, 2018, 05:13:31 pm »

Still have a strong scum read on gkrieg.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 13, 2018, 05:24:28 pm »

I think faust and Robz are lovers. I'm coming around to the idea they both know each other to be town which explains a lack of co-claim(?) (regardless if the other one is faust). I was all about lynching Robz or faust before the lover claim. After really situating on that claim and the implications I'm willing to look elsewhere today. I thought we got mod-killed after two prods so is the IDP lynch worthwhile unless we beat the prod-kill?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 13, 2018, 05:41:44 pm »

I think faust and Robz are lovers. I'm coming around to the idea they both know each other to be town which explains a lack of co-claim(?) (regardless if the other one is faust). I was all about lynching Robz or faust before the lover claim. After really situating on that claim and the implications I'm willing to look elsewhere today. I thought we got mod-killed after two prods so is the IDP lynch worthwhile unless we beat the prod-kill?

Does it in any way help to publicly speculate? If the other lover wanted to claim, they would. Could that be any more clear at this point?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 13, 2018, 06:55:26 pm »

Hey everyone. Sorry about that. I got a new phone and got locked out of a bunch of stuff, including this. Catching up soon

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 13, 2018, 07:01:05 pm »

Request prod on Idplay if people don't want to vote there, maybe I can prod him to death.

Just got to this bit. I love this strategy. I wish it worked.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 13, 2018, 07:03:43 pm »

In trying to make sure it was still D2, I saw this out of order. I'm not a terrible lynch, but I'm not self-voting.

FWIW, I think mcmc is town-y so far. Somewhere on page twenty-something at the moment. Low 20s.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: July 13, 2018, 07:32:04 pm »

Not sure how I feel about the Robz claim. I've never played in a game with Lovers before and, given that this is closed and could be a fake claim, they increase the odds on prematurely ending games (like Space's D4 Suicidal role in Cancer Mafia). My current thought is that we either lynch now or never unless we end up with strong indications that it's likely not to be a town-town pairing. I admit I haven't thought through it a ton though.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 13, 2018, 07:33:28 pm »

Does it in any way help to publicly speculate? If the other lover wanted to claim, they would. Could that be any more clear at this point?

I agree with this.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 13, 2018, 07:37:15 pm »

I am a town Lover, my death imperils another member of the town.

Does your Lover know this?

I don't think I'm going to answer this.

THIS NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED.

Why can’t you answer if your lover knows of your existence...this is so such a scummy part of the claim. I don’t get why everyone is fine leaving robz and lover claim with zero explaination, no supporting claim, this is ridiculous.

Mcmc is making a lot of sense.  Robz not realizing what information is scummy to withhold and what would normally be withheld if it were a real claim is a conspiracy theory I can hold on to.

I kinda like this too. Not a huge fan of conspiracy theories though.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 13, 2018, 07:43:26 pm »

Yeah, I think it does. Either they are a lover pair and the same alignment and thus very unlikely to be scum or they are scum partners with a fakeclaim. The behavior suggests some degree of partnering. That behavior was large factor in my scum read. Having a rationale for giving them a town read instead seems a worthwhile thing fto make public because otherwise I get mislynched for opportunistically jumping from the tunnel to another candidate with no reasoning because, you know, being inconsistent would just not be scummy at all, right?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 13, 2018, 10:42:10 pm »

Yeah, I think it does. Either they are a lover pair and the same alignment and thus very unlikely to be scum or they are scum partners with a fakeclaim. The behavior suggests some degree of partnering. That behavior was large factor in my scum read. Having a rationale for giving them a town read instead seems a worthwhile thing fto make public because otherwise I get mislynched for opportunistically jumping from the tunnel to another candidate with no reasoning because, you know, being inconsistent would just not be scummy at all, right?

Ok this makes me feel better about you. I wasn't actually following along fully why you were publicly speculating it. While I'm not sure if it was the right call still I think you are town.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 14, 2018, 08:30:35 am »

vote: faust
vote: pps

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 14, 2018, 08:34:20 am »

vote: faust

these are your scumreads? vote pps again if yes
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 14, 2018, 08:43:30 am »

IDPTG is here and looks townie. vote: faust.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 14, 2018, 08:49:18 am »

Unvote, a case forthcoming on someone not faust or Robz.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 14, 2018, 09:17:19 am »

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 51  All

Page created in 1.262 seconds with 20 queries.