Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 129122 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day two!)
« Reply #350 on: July 09, 2018, 01:04:24 pm »

EFHW was playing to get killed. What that tells us about her potential alignment changing ability is unclear but I'm inclined to believe it is a bit early in the game to pull that trigger if it exists. But, I also see faust playing to get killed and I don't believe we have more than one restless spirit in the game. Tha lignment changing bit seems more on faust's mind than any one else's.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 09, 2018, 01:10:02 pm »

Well if we're playing "people who care about the game are scum" then I can just replace out.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 09, 2018, 01:13:14 pm »

Here is another thing to think about: DatSwan flipped flavor cop. Now if flavor implied alignment that would be a very strong role by itself, and stronger still since he had other stuff added on top of it. Which kind of makes me think that flavor does not indicate alignment in this game.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 09, 2018, 01:31:52 pm »

Here is another thing to think about: DatSwan flipped flavor cop. Now if flavor implied alignment that would be a very strong role by itself, and stronger still since he had other stuff added on top of it. Which kind of makes me think that flavor does not indicate alignment in this game.

Counterpoint: I think this is wrong, and also, this thinking is more likely to come from scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 09, 2018, 01:34:07 pm »

Counterpoint: I think this is wrong, and also, this thinking is more likely to come from scum.

Actually, I got that wrong. I think faust is mistaken about this, but the sentiment is not more likely to come from scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 09, 2018, 01:59:49 pm »

oh boy. Things are happening.

Anyways personally I would think EFHW would only get her power if she was lynched and if nightkilled it wouldn't work?

EFHW I guess if we need confirmation you can vote me and unvote me to say you agree with this? Although I don't know if thats relevant at all. But I would of hammered EFHW after that claim if I wasn't on the wagon already.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 09, 2018, 02:01:42 pm »

In my particular case flavor is indicative of alignment. It seems reasonable with a flavor cop that flavor is indicative of alignment and saying it must not be without a reasonable point towards that end seems pretty odd.

Also, I'm not playing "people who care about the game are scum", that was an intentional diversion from my obvious point which was actually, "people who are playing towards getting themselves lynched might be scum or hoping to become scum", which interestingly enough was the thrust of faust's opening remarks against EFHW, you know, so we wouldn't trust her IC-ish votes. So, while it is bad for EFHW to play to get killed depsite having a role enabled by it, faust is immune from scrutiny for doing the same?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 09, 2018, 02:02:05 pm »

The only reason I am not voting faust is precisely because I think he wants us to.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day one!)
« Reply #358 on: July 09, 2018, 02:13:18 pm »

I want gkrieg, PPS and Haddock to explain their reasoning for voting/being willing to vote EFHW post-claim.
The answer to this is so obvious that this just feels like faust throwing shade.
If Efhw was lying then she was scum and needed lynching.
If she was telling the truth then her lynch seemed better to me than robz's, who was the only other option.
Note that I even went as far as to ask other people whether they agreed with this obvious reasoning.

I think that anyone who claimed yesterday should now say what they did last night. Or present a good reason why they shouldn't, since none occurs to me.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 09, 2018, 02:13:56 pm »

While I'm claiming stuff, I'll say there's not one hint in my role pm or elsewhere about alignment switching. I suspected that it was a scum power to wield upon town, actually.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 09, 2018, 02:15:57 pm »

I can't really add to the flavour vs alignment discussion, since I don't know the flavour well enough to know whether my flavour is good or bad. And google didn't really help.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2018, 03:06:16 pm »

In my particular case flavor is indicative of alignment. It seems reasonable with a flavor cop that flavor is indicative of alignment and saying it must not be without a reasonable point towards that end seems pretty odd.
And here I was thinking I had made a reasonable point. Oh well.

Also, I'm not playing "people who care about the game are scum", that was an intentional diversion from my obvious point which was actually, "people who are playing towards getting themselves lynched might be scum or hoping to become scum", which interestingly enough was the thrust of faust's opening remarks against EFHW, you know, so we wouldn't trust her IC-ish votes. So, while it is bad for EFHW to play to get killed depsite having a role enabled by it, faust is immune from scrutiny for doing the same?
I won't comment on anything relating to my role no matter how badly scum might want me to.

I am also not playing towards getting lynched. Why would you even think that?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 09, 2018, 03:07:48 pm »

I want gkrieg, PPS and Haddock to explain their reasoning for voting/being willing to vote EFHW post-claim.
The answer to this is so obvious that this just feels like faust throwing shade.
If she was telling the truth then her lynch seemed better to me than robz's, who was the only other option.
Note that I even went as far as to ask other people whether they agreed with this obvious reasoning.

I think that anyone who claimed yesterday should now say what they did last night. Or present a good reason why they shouldn't, since none occurs to me.
Well done navigating around giving any read whatsoever or any statement about what you thought of Robz's and EFHW's alignment at the time.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 09, 2018, 03:50:13 pm »

I’m not sure why Faust is getting all this scum reading. Galz’s point was decent but lalight’s and pps’s are terrible.

I too have thought about alignment changing lots, like pps I assume it is a scum power (moreover a scum item usage) that they can use on town. But either way I was happy to see Faust had asked a helpful question I hadn’t thought of. Important to note we simply cannot know that efhw can’t be alignment swapped, not that we know she can be (inferred from Faust’s post). So I’m not crazy worried about it and will for the foreseeable future assume efhw is still a town vote.

Moving on to what is pps talking about that he thinks Faust is playing to get killed? Because he claimed protection?

Robz still feels scummy to me. He was the alternate wagon that was around all day but I couldn’t get to actually go through, his post today still feel like they are from a scum posterior, flip flopping which way he felt about Faust post looks like pivoting rather than townie self correction.

Haddock can you explain what you hope to get out of people claiming night actions or are you just saying that because it sounds helpful. Like Faust claimed some sort of protection but we had one night kill go through and no expectation of a second so why it help for him to claim anything? Hydrad said he could be framed and Galz said he was samurai jack. So what claims are you looking for?

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 09, 2018, 04:20:25 pm »

Oh right, I forgot to resume Vote: Robz

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 09, 2018, 04:40:25 pm »

I voted for EFHW because she had been slightly scummy and she was self-voting and claiming a role that you don't want to self-vote with.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 09, 2018, 04:57:13 pm »

I voted for EFHW because she had been slightly scummy and she was self-voting and claiming a role that you don't want to self-vote with.

I mostly disagree about not self-voting with that role. It was pretty terrible timing, though. If I'm gonna leverage that role with a self-vote I want to drag some scum out into the open with it; not claim it at the end of the day and make sure the followup votes are able to go scot free of any suspicion.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 09, 2018, 05:10:45 pm »

I didn't get a volunteer, so no, I'm not saying if I did anything.

I mostly disagree about not self-voting with that role. It was pretty terrible timing, though. If I'm gonna leverage that role with a self-vote I want to drag some scum out into the open with it; not claim it at the end of the day and make sure the followup votes are able to go scot free of any suspicion.

I agree with the self-voting on the role. I'm not sure how I would have played it myself though.

I can get on the Robz train. vote: Robz

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2018, 06:48:39 pm »

Note that EFHW and datswan were different flavors. One was a good aligned human, and the other good aligned beast.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2018, 06:59:56 pm »

Well done navigating around giving any read whatsoever or any statement about what you thought of Robz's and EFHW's alignment at the time.
I made it abundantly clear yesterday that I found Robz towny and EFHW to be a basically null.

Haddock can you explain what you hope to get out of people claiming night actions or are you just saying that because it sounds helpful. Like Faust claimed some sort of protection but we had one night kill go through and no expectation of a second so why it help for him to claim anything? Hydrad said he could be framed and Galz said he was samurai jack. So what claims are you looking for?
Do I need to explain myself?  Would prefer to minimise explanation frankly.  It has to do with my role, obviously.

More to the point, why is this a question?  Anyone who has already claimed a role should be claiming what they did last night - because why wouldn't you?   That should be default behaviour unless there is some reason not to claim it.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2018, 08:27:00 pm »

Note that EFHW and datswan were different flavors. One was a good aligned human, and the other good aligned beast.

Further, I'm now certain that scum fall under the "Demon" Flavor - which then gives datswan's role a new look. He could tell if a player was a Beast/Human/Demon (are there others?).

I think we should mass claim character flavor (Race). SJ is obviously human.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2018, 08:27:11 pm »

We may have different ideas on how good it is to self-vote at any time though.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 09, 2018, 08:29:02 pm »

Further, I'm now certain that scum fall under the "Demon" Flavor - which then gives datswan's role a new look. He could tell if a player was a Beast/Human/Demon (are there others?).

(Yes, I'm aware scum probably have fakeclaims, but we may be able to gain insight from a full flavor (race) claim, without giving anything away in terms of who is what character and has what PR)

Mafia Record:

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 09, 2018, 09:23:14 pm »

oh interesting. I could see this being useful as I wouldn't be surprised if some items could only be used on certain types of races. Otherwise why would the races exist. I guess It could just be flavor.

I'd be fine with a race claim.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 10, 2018, 12:47:50 am »

I don't see what that kind of claim would accomplish.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.