Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 128069 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day one!)
« Reply #275 on: July 06, 2018, 10:40:45 am »

Vote: EFHW actually.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 06, 2018, 10:59:59 am »

So I think lalight is wrong about Faust. But I don’t think that means lalight is scum. Lalight has had some very lackluster games recently (especially when compared to the standard I had previously held for him) and so sort of bad logic and not fleshed out cases is kind of what I have grown to expect from town lalight. It feels like since his really poor sk game in lost Mafia there have been multiple games where I was like “oh he has to be scum” and then it turns out to be a mislynch.

Yeah, i missed some games and couldn’t hold up others so it was a lackluster as my life was too busy. I expect to be active this game
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 06, 2018, 12:24:20 pm »

request vote count.
The most likely scumteam right now is EFHW, Robz, LaLight.

I have EFHW/Gkrieg/LaLight.

Any reason Robz over Gkrieg?
Robz is scummy and gkrieg isn't.

Disagree.
I also disagree.  gkrieg reads bad to me here. 
I can't say much about Robz because I've barely played with him.

The most likely scumteam right now is EFHW, Robz, LaLight.

I have EFHW/Gkrieg/LaLight.

Any reason Robz over Gkrieg?
Robz is scummy and gkrieg isn't.

Disagree.
Well I fail to see how gkrieg is scummy then. People cited his vote against me, but that is really something I rather expect from town!gkrieg.
It's not the fact he's voting for you, it's the nature of that vote.

Something’s really off with faust’s play in this game
Thing is, I agree with you, in the sense that I disagree with many of his reads.  But his play doesn't seem scummy, like, at all.

Since his reads are bad, that and this:
Vote: LaLight

I am convinced now. This is a good lynch.
makes me think Lalight is town.  Which is unfortunate because other than that I've been leaning scummy on Lalight (which, tbf, I seem to remember doing quite regularly...)

Vote: EFHW actually.
Huh?

I've totally lost track of where all the votes are, now, but I honestly don't get how EFHW is suddenly at L-1 (isn't she?).  What's she done that's actually scummy?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 06, 2018, 12:42:03 pm »

I believe she's L-3 actually. At last VC she was L-2 (5 votes). Datswan moved off, and faust left and came back.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 06, 2018, 12:44:53 pm »

I find the EFHW wagon troubling. It built quickly based on not much, although there is always not much D1. I’m certainly not reading her as scum enough to vote her. Robz is still a decent vote. faust’s analysis of LaLight seems like the best case of the day at this point. We’re traveling back home tomorrow so I should be around for deadline. Hydrad is still town.

It built incredibly slowly in fact. It's taken the majority of the game day as the primary leading wagon to get it to, at peak, L-2.

It's also not built on "not much". There's a pretty ok case there - in fact, as far as D1 cases go in particular, it's decently strong.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 06, 2018, 02:09:41 pm »

I'm not sure what to make of all of this. No strong reads to speak of.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 06, 2018, 02:21:20 pm »

I find the EFHW wagon troubling. It built quickly based on not much, although there is always not much D1. I’m certainly not reading her as scum enough to vote her. Robz is still a decent vote. faust’s analysis of LaLight seems like the best case of the day at this point. We’re traveling back home tomorrow so I should be around for deadline. Hydrad is still town.

It built incredibly slowly in fact. It's taken the majority of the game day as the primary leading wagon to get it to, at peak, L-2.

It's also not built on "not much". There's a pretty ok case there - in fact, as far as D1 cases go in particular, it's decently strong.
Seriously?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 06, 2018, 02:32:23 pm »

Since it seems necessary to spell it out before I inevitably die N1:

Hydrad is town because the role he claimed to have is typically called Miller. If a fakeclaim like this was discussed in the scum QT, they would have referred to it like Miller. They would not have used "framed" because Framer is a name of a scum role, and not the standard name.

Or the scum team contains hydrad and zero mafia experts, or it contains hydrad and faust, who came up with this defense for hydrad...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 06, 2018, 03:01:23 pm »

not sure why gkrieg or efhw are scummy. I for some reason think we should look into lurkers or Hydrad for a lynch

lurkers or hydrad is a strange concept yes?
Pretty much every one (minus 2-3 people) should be considered lurkers so far.

why Hydrad specifically?

I don't think Hydrad is lurker. I see lurkers here: [Pingpongsam, McMcsalot, IDontPlayThisGame, Haddock, Robz888] (yeah, I know some of them are officially VLA). Hydrad's framed claim is still troubling to me. And I am also not sure I ever played with him, but I have read some old games where he was very good scum player.

I'll let you know if you are scum with me you are going to be very disappointed. I usually can't replicate my town meta at all and people figure me out right away.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 06, 2018, 03:01:47 pm »

Hydrad is town because the role he claimed to have is typically called Miller. If a fakeclaim like this was discussed in the scum QT, they would have referred to it like Miller. They would not have used "framed" because Framer is a name of a scum role, and not the standard name.

oh. Thanks.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 06, 2018, 03:08:46 pm »

Or the scum team contains hydrad and zero mafia experts, or it contains hydrad and faust, who came up with this defense for hydrad...

I'm going to assume since you separated me and zero mafia experts that means I'm a mafia expert. Perfect.

On a more serious note Lalight feels weird. But his thought of like if SJ dies scum wins kinda thing feels like sometime skeptical town thinks of and is hard to fake that kinda reasoning as scum I guess.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 06, 2018, 03:10:09 pm »

Or maybe Hydrad fell asleep on a long train ride while scrolling through mafia games, and in the seat in front of him there was this couple of art connoissers talking about how to frame their new Monet, and in Hydrad's weary mind everything mixed in a dream and when he woke he came up with the perfect fakeclaim.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 06, 2018, 03:14:56 pm »

Or maybe Hydrad fell asleep on a long train ride while scrolling through mafia games, and in the seat in front of him there was this couple of art connoissers talking about how to frame their new Monet, and in Hydrad's weary mind everything mixed in a dream and when he woke he came up with the perfect fakeclaim.

Probably more probable then me thinking of it on my own. I could be misremembering but I don't know if I have ever fakeclaimed as scum. (well I'm sure i've tried when I'm about to be lynched but I think I always just get lynched because it was such a bad claim) Its by far my most uncomfortable thing to do as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Full! PMs go out in ~8-16 hours)
« Reply #288 on: July 06, 2018, 03:17:50 pm »

Vote count 1.5

Robz888 (3): McMcsalot, pingpongsam, EFHW
Hydrad (2): IDontPlayThisGame, gkrieg13
Lalight (1): Haddock
EFHW (4): faust, Galzria, Hydrad, Robz888
faust (1): Lalight
gkrieg13 (1): DatSwan

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Saturday, July 07, 2018, 10:30:00 am That is in 19 hours and 10 minutes.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 06, 2018, 03:20:34 pm »

Hmmm. Well, I'm not going to be around much, but please don't quickhammer me--ahem, Galz--without giving me the chance to claim please.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 06, 2018, 03:24:23 pm »

I don't think I wanna vote robz

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 06, 2018, 03:41:16 pm »

EFHW is not awful as wagons go I guess.  Better than any of the other wagons.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 06, 2018, 03:47:37 pm »

I think idp is town and don’t want to say why.

- IDP has 7 posts since game start, and like 1-2 of them are him stating VLA. Not calling IDP out for anything, but I fail to see how anything he said could give anyone ANY read (whether town or skum) so far in the game.
- Question at IDP... when you you feel comfortable giving the reason?

I will feel comfortable giving the reason when it becomes relevant. It is not a strong enough reason to outweigh any decent case and thus wouldn’t be worth mentioning until the point that it’s relevant.

*fixed quote fail.

Yeah a lot of that going around this game....

Here is the thing "holders of wisdom"....
If you die at night you take your secrets with you.
Which of course you know.
And is why I cannot understand why divulging information as it is brought up is not done.
I can think of zero instances on this site where town "had some crazy info they didn't want to share" and then the reason was either a) they were not town, b) it made them look like not town so they didn't want to say it, or c) it wasn't interesting.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 06, 2018, 08:21:56 pm »

I won't be here at deadline. Last check in would be about an hour before.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 06, 2018, 09:47:58 pm »

I’ll be happy to hammer whoever needs it at deadline. I’m not feeling strong on anyone but okay with Robz.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 07, 2018, 02:15:00 am »

is anyone online?
Faust lmk when you get on - I wanna talk about a thing or two before day ends and DL is like 430am my time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2018, 02:23:43 am »

is anyone online?
Faust lmk when you get on - I wanna talk about a thing or two before day ends and DL is like 430am my time.
Well I am here now and will be for another 3 hours or so.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 07, 2018, 04:46:47 am »

Here and will be here. When’s deadline
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 07, 2018, 06:16:26 am »

well unfortunately I didn't fully realize that I won't be around for deadline.

Luckily the I'm pretty happy with where my vote is right now and I think its doing something.

Good luck! (Don't lynch me)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 07, 2018, 06:47:40 am »

Well, that talk with DatSwan was way less exciting than I had hoped.

Request prod in gkrieg
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.