Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 129146 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day one!)
« Reply #175 on: July 03, 2018, 07:03:07 pm »

Does anyone else agree that faust seems towny and that bad votes against him are bad? Don't like gkrieg's vote there much.

I view faust as more on the scummy side personally. But still don't want to vote him.
Who do you want to vote for then?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2018, 07:13:17 pm »

Here, sorry.

I think faust's reads/cases are inaccurate, but also i think he is town.

Votes on Efhw don't seem great to me, she seems towny as does galz.

Tbh i still like my lalight vote.

Could always vote pps because always.

Does anyone else agree that faust seems towny and that bad votes against him are bad? Don't like gkrieg's vote there much.

Wow, your reads are the exact opposite of mine.  Also, FOS for the last question you asked.  Gauging people's reactions in that manner is scummy. 

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 03, 2018, 08:36:16 pm »

I view faust as more on the scummy side personally. But still don't want to vote him.
Who do you want to vote for then?

hmmm. not really sure yet. Vote: Haddock for now I guess.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2018, 08:43:58 pm »

Vote: Hydrad

You think faust is scummy, but don't want to vote for him?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2018, 09:12:20 pm »

yup. Do you know how often town faust gets through the first few days? i feel like its very little. most of the time I see him as town he just gets nightkilled. I'm not going to try to lynch him for the first bit.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2018, 10:09:55 pm »

I think it's premature to send items to Galz just because he's claimed SJ. If iguana wanted SJ to be an IC, I expect he'd have included "SJ, the town named [whatever]" like with Will Shef in Okkervil River Mafia.

I have a theory as to why he didn't do exactly that, which I'll post at the end of D1.
I fail to see a reason why it would be better to delay talking about that.
I am interested in hearing the thought process that led you to claim, in addition to this mystery idea.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2018, 10:12:00 pm »

yup. Do you know how often town faust gets through the first few days? i feel like its very little. most of the time I see him as town he just gets nightkilled. I'm not going to try to lynch him for the first bit.

The problem is that it incentivizes scum not to kill town!Faust because you're (and Datswan alluded to this same concept regarding me earlier) essentially saying that you'll give scum a free mislynch later in the game based on "town!Faust should've been NK'd by now."
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2018, 10:26:56 pm »

I think it's premature to send items to Galz just because he's claimed SJ. If iguana wanted SJ to be an IC, I expect he'd have included "SJ, the town named [whatever]" like with Will Shef in Okkervil River Mafia.

I have a theory as to why he didn't do exactly that, which I'll post at the end of D1.
I am interested in hearing the thought process that led you to claim, in addition to this mystery idea.

I already stated why I claimed:

A) I felt it was safe to do so. If there is a protective role in the game it gives them someone they can reasonably target if they so choose without having to protect blindly. If they choose not to, that's entirely fine too - scum now have to decide between shooting a confirmed Samurai Jack (remember that they know I'm telling the truth) who may be protected, or shooting elsewhere to avoid wasting their shot - in which case they're choosing not to kill SJ, which is a win for town on the night.

B) I'm somewhat more verifiable than most games. While all RMM's may contain roles that can identify a player's identity, this game also includes items. There are items that belong to SJ. Items that I know exist and that other people have. This is a mechanic outside role verification which adds value to the claim.

I put no stock in faust's claim in particular, as you've suggested. He's made a case on you that I had already put together myself, but hadn't posted. This shows me that he and I are thinking alike, which gives me some mixed feelings on him as I do find his play scummy.

As far as this mystery idea, it's not that it's anything important, it's just that it's not valuable to discussions for today - that is, it's not beneficial to catching scum. It's simply a theory (and I would hazard correct) on why my role was something other than IC given my character name.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2018, 11:11:28 pm »

Thank you. What benefit did you see in claiming?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2018, 11:53:02 pm »

vote: Hydrad

I don't think his response to this is enough to convince me not to vote for him.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2018, 12:48:08 am »

Hydrad is town.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2018, 12:52:17 am »

I did consider the Samurai Jack fakeclaim idea, since it was raised earlier as well, but I think that would be unbalanced. Especially with the items factor. I never said people should send items. I said people will send items, which was definitely the impression I was getting earlier in the day.
I have yet to see any evidence that the items Galzria is talking about actually exist.
But the people who have them would be aware, but rightly staying quiet. Are you arguing for real here?
I am, well a bit, I don't think Galz should be lynched today. But of course if Galz is fakeclaiming and no items exist, it would look exactly the same as if he is telling the truth and noone is coming forward. No single player would be able to counter Galz's assertion that there are items that help him.

Of course it is a bold move, bold the item theory was suggested by mcmc before Galzria claimed, which would have made it easier to fakeclaim like that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 04, 2018, 02:31:15 am »

I did consider the Samurai Jack fakeclaim idea, since it was raised earlier as well, but I think that would be unbalanced. Especially with the items factor. I never said people should send items. I said people will send items, which was definitely the impression I was getting earlier in the day.
I have yet to see any evidence that the items Galzria is talking about actually exist.
But the people who have them would be aware, but rightly staying quiet. Are you arguing for real here?
I am, well a bit, I don't think Galz should be lynched today. But of course if Galz is fakeclaiming and no items exist, it would look exactly the same as if he is telling the truth and noone is coming forward. No single player would be able to counter Galz's assertion that there are items that help him.

Of course it is a bold move, boldbut the item theory was suggested by mcmc before Galzria claimed, which would have made it easier to fakeclaim like that.
EBWOP

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2018, 03:42:23 am »

what do you guys think about vote: mcmc though

also I just realised SA is not in the game :(
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2018, 03:55:28 am »

what do you guys think about vote: mcmc though

also I just realised SA is not in the game :(
Not much. Though he should get his ass over to this game.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2018, 04:54:50 am »

The problem is that it incentivizes scum not to kill town!Faust because you're (and Datswan alluded to this same concept regarding me earlier) essentially saying that you'll give scum a free mislynch later in the game based on "town!Faust should've been NK'd by now."

so you know that Faust is town?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2018, 05:20:40 am »

@ Galz - Do you think faust is skum?

@ faust - do you think Galz is skum?

Town should forcibly ensue an answer out of both parties. Not just today, but on all days that they both remain alive. And yes, a little bit of that has to do with the fact that you both statistically get NKd earlier in the game than not when you are town.

The potential for a Faust/Galz Skum Team needs to be addressed in no uncertain terms at this point... and potentially more importantly... should not be overlooked as we move forward.

All that being said, I think it would be more benefical to Town at this point is neither died today based on the claimed roles. But as I don't trust either of them I will sheep it up.

Vote: EFHW
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 04, 2018, 05:24:58 am »

I would also be ok with MCMC.

I am pretty sure Robz is 50% RVS still.... which is weird given all the other shit (meaning literally everything) that is going on NOT involving Robz.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 04, 2018, 05:36:44 am »

This...
I don't think it is helpful to discuss the specific reasonings for my claim. At least I will abstain from any such discussion going forward.

Followed by this...

... is ridiculous.

In your opinion - How is it unreasonable for Galz to withhold info after partial claim but not unreasonable for you?
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 04, 2018, 05:53:17 am »

This...
I don't think it is helpful to discuss the specific reasonings for my claim. At least I will abstain from any such discussion going forward.

Followed by this...

... is ridiculous.

In your opinion - How is it unreasonable for Galz to withhold info after partial claim but not unreasonable for you?
He wants to withhold information until the end of D1, I want to withhold information until further notice. It should be obvious that the two are not the same.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2018, 05:54:33 am »

@ faust - do you think Galz is skum?
Nullish.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2018, 07:13:41 am »

I’m here sorry.

I think Faust is town. I am very uncertain about Galz due to the way his claim came about but I agree it is likely to be easier to tell his alignment as time goes on.

I am honestly still happy with my robz vote and will look and some more individuals now.

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2018, 07:18:45 am »

The efhw case looks weak but not incorrect.

Gkriegs vote on Faust feels weird and bad but not how I expect scum to vote for Faust there.

I agree hydras is towny which makes my robz vote feel nicer.

DatSwan is being DatSwan but after last few game that means I have zero clue about his alignment.

Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2018, 07:21:35 am »

I think idp is town and don’t want to say why.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 04, 2018, 07:24:02 am »

upon more reading I am actually not as convinced that hydrads claim is towny. I do think his play is though so I guess we will go from there.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 20 queries.