Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Semi-interesting Hearthstone moments  (Read 10673 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-interesting Hearthstone moments
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 09:45:52 pm »

First time I got to the plague lord of death, I did 6 points of damage to him before he killed me. At this rate, it's gonna take a while to beat him...

EDIT: 2nd try I destroy his deck with the final seal and after a few turns of fatigue, he gets a new deck. wth?
I died from an endless stream of corrupted blood...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 01:16:19 am by LibraryAdventurer »

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2019, 06:10:38 am »

after a few turns of fatigue, he gets a new deck. wth?
The plague lords get a new deck whenever they change phase.

So, 4th wing is out, plus the final boss. The 4th plague lord was the easiest by far, for me. I brought a Hearthstone with me and didn't need to use it, and my deck wasn't that great (though it did have quite a bit of value).

The final boss is somewhat similar to the Monster Hunt final boss, which I enjoyed a lot, but it feels meh here. I think that's because the hero powers aren't very interesting. Monster Hunt had some very complex hero powers.

Overall, the adventure was alright but the format feels stale. The biggest change, the 300-HP plague lords, I don't like much. If the next adventure is like this one then I might not buy it.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2019, 07:26:52 pm »

So, 4th wing is out, plus the final boss. The 4th plague lord was the easiest by far, for me. I brought a Hearthstone with me and didn't need to use it, and my deck wasn't that great (though it did have quite a bit of value).

The final boss is somewhat similar to the Monster Hunt final boss, which I enjoyed a lot, but it feels meh here. I think that's because the hero powers aren't very interesting. Monster Hunt had some very complex hero powers.

Overall, the adventure was alright but the format feels stale. The biggest change, the 300-HP plague lords, I don't like much. If the next adventure is like this one then I might not buy it.

I actually didn't buy this adventure nor the last one. If they want to me to buy the adventure, they have to make it so that I get more stuff for my collection by buying it than by just using those resources on packs. Even just giving a random golden epic at the end of every wing on top of what we already get would have likely been enough to get me to buy them.

If they think I will pay a premium to get access to extra single player content, they are mistaken.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2019, 11:29:06 pm »
+1

Even just giving a random golden epic at the end of every wing on top of what we already get would have likely been enough to get me to buy them.

If they think I will pay a premium to get access to extra single player content, they are mistaken.
To be honest, I don't understand this mentality. Golden cards in general are useless bling, and a random golden epic is unplayable useless bling. You'll pay for that and not for hours of high-quality PvE content? I mean, Hearthstone PvE is better than many standalone singleplayer games.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2019, 11:30:18 pm »

I actually didn't buy this adventure nor the last one. If they want to me to buy the adventure, they have to make it so that I get more stuff for my collection by buying it than by just using those resources on packs. Even just giving a random golden epic at the end of every wing on top of what we already get would have likely been enough to get me to buy them.

The pre-order was a pretty good return on investment actually, because it came with an extra free legendary. Remember that there's also a golden pack at the end.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2019, 11:31:27 pm »
+3

Even just giving a random golden epic at the end of every wing on top of what we already get would have likely been enough to get me to buy them.

To be honest, I don't understand this mentality. Golden cards in general are useless bling, and a random golden epic is unplayable useless bling. You'll pay for that and not for hours of high-quality PvE content? I mean, Hearthstone PvE is better than many standalone singleplayer games.

Perhaps markusin wanted them for the dust.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2019, 11:45:20 pm »

I didn't buy them either. I used in-game gold. I don't pay real money for Hearthstone except the one time I bought the intro pack (I forget what they actually call it).

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2019, 08:26:41 am »

It's a combination of lack of willingness to invest the time and already having very similar single player formats in Hearthstone as well as having other games I'd rather play. Even having the first chapter of the new adventures for free helps a lot. If I was very actively playing Hearthstone I would be more excited for the adventures, but I'm not.

About the Golden epic (and its dust), it's not an either-or. I would not pay (whether by gold or real money) for a golden epic alone, but bundled to sweeten the deal of the adventure, sure. 

Oh but uh, I might have missed the detail about the golden pack at the end. The last adventure had as a final reward that cloak legendary that I didn't want. I'll look into the details of this one again and reconsider.

The preorder is different. You always get a relatively good deal off of that, and my reasons for not pre-ordering are simply not feeling the need to spend that money given the amount I play Hearthstone right now. I've preordered in the past.

Edit: oh you mean preorder the adventure? Oh, I dunno, I had too much going on in my life to pay attention.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 08:29:14 am by markusin »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2019, 10:47:05 pm »

The plague lord of wrath was the first one I defeated in one try. He was really easy compared to the others.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2019, 10:23:22 pm »

Free arena tickets just remind me how horrible I am at playing arena. (0-3 both times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 09:55:50 pm »

So there's a Shaman card that says "transform a minion in to a random minion that costs 3 more" and my opponent puts a 10-cost minion on the board, and I'm thinking "There are no 13 cost minions, so this spell should destroy the 10 cost minion." nope. It turned it into a 12 cost minion. I wish Hearthstone cards were as clear and straightforward about what they do as Dominion cards.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2020, 08:08:16 pm »
+2

So there's a Shaman card that says "transform a minion in to a random minion that costs 3 more" and my opponent puts a 10-cost minion on the board, and I'm thinking "There are no 13 cost minions, so this spell should destroy the 10 cost minion." nope. It turned it into a 12 cost minion. I wish Hearthstone cards were as clear and straightforward about what they do as Dominion cards.

My most stubborn pet peeve is that Divine Favor says "Draw cards until you have as many cards in hand as your opponent," but they programmed "Draw a number of cards equal to the difference between the number of cards in your opponent's hand less the number of cards in your hand,", so if there is one card left in your deck, and your opponent has two cards in hand, and you play it as you last card, you don't full suicide like you should.

I have plenty of other pet peeves though, like how whenever I use Slam to damage my Gurubashi Beserker on turn six, I don't gain any attack, although the Gurubashi Beserker does, but when I play a Novice Engineer on turn seven, I draw a card, even though by that point it seems like perhaps Novice Engineer should draw herself a card to play with.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2020, 10:41:01 pm »

My most stubborn pet peeve is that Divine Favor says "Draw cards until you have as many cards in hand as your opponent," but they programmed "Draw a number of cards equal to the difference between the number of cards in your opponent's hand less the number of cards in your hand,", so if there is one card left in your deck, and your opponent has two cards in hand, and you play it as you last card, you don't full suicide like you should.

I have plenty of other pet peeves though, like how whenever I use Slam to damage my Gurubashi Beserker on turn six, I don't gain any attack, although the Gurubashi Beserker does, but when I play a Novice Engineer on turn seven, I draw a card, even though by that point it seems like perhaps Novice Engineer should draw herself a card to play with.

Hearthstone indeed has some funky card text, but it consistently specifies "Give your hero X attack" when they buff your hero. This is a mistake you're only going to make once.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2020, 02:00:26 am »
+1

Hearthstone indeed has some funky card text, but it consistently specifies "Give your hero X attack" when they buff your hero. This is a mistake you're only going to make once.
  I am not criticitizing consistency at all.  I think they've gotten a lot better about consistency, Druid of the Claw vs. Ancient of War has had its wording corrected and similar inconsistencies haven't come up.  I am definitely pedantically wanting/wish for the cards to do what they say they do in English.  If brevity and real estate is so critical that it's really worth it to write the cards wrong, why doesn't Gurubashi Beserker say "When Gurubashi Beserker takes damage, +3 Attack".  You would equally determine who is getting the attack by pattern recognition/experimentation, but it'd be even shorter.

I am pretty spoiled by other card games indulging my need for a pedantic level of correctness, including some digital ones.  It's not that it really degrades the introductory experience a repeatedly make novel card interactions down the line impossible to discern, it just -bugs- me that it's -wrong- each time I play the card, as much as if its art depicted nine legged "spider".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 02:01:57 am by popsofctown »

Isis

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2021, 06:11:31 pm »
+1

In battlegrounds, just realized by doing it that rafaam can obtain copies of unique hero units like fish of nzoth.  It feels so wrong

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2022, 04:12:12 am »

Just killed a priest using his own purified shard as a rogue.

PS: Does anyone else here still play Hearthstone?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.