Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Semi-interesting Hearthstone moments  (Read 10666 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
Semi-interesting Hearthstone moments
« on: May 24, 2018, 11:47:25 pm »

Opponent plays Marin the Fox. Next turn I kill him with the treasure chest Marin gave me. (divine spirit+inner fire)

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-interesting Hearthstone moments
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 11:22:28 pm »

My opponent had a 1/1 and an 9/9 on board. In order to stay alive, the correct play for me was to Mind Control the 1/1. Any guesses as to what the minions were? No taunt involved.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 05:54:37 am »

My opponent had a 1/1 and an 9/9 on board. In order to stay alive, the correct play for me was to Mind Control the 1/1. Any guesses as to what the minions were? No taunt involved.
The super poisonous guy from Dungeon Run?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 11:16:49 am »
+1

The super poisonous guy from Dungeon Run?
That would also work, but in this case the enemy warlock had an Anima Golem, and by mind controlling the 1/1 Candle, the Golem destroyed itself.

(Anima Golem: 6 mana 9/9, At the end of each turn, destroy this minion if it's your only one.)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 02:03:16 am »
+1

In this tavern brawl (which I'm not sure any other class can beat a warlock in), it was Warlock vs Warlock. I played the legendary that replaces your hand with a copy of your opponent's hand, which gave me a mech-C'thun (sp?). It eventually came down to mech-C'thun vs mech-C'thun in fatigue. rocks fall everybody dies.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 04:29:52 am »

(which I'm not sure any other class can beat a warlock in)
Mage is easily the best. (Caveat: I haven't played it since they gave Warrior & Paladin their weapons, but Mage should still be tops.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:31:12 am by blueblimp »

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 08:05:51 pm »

Mage is easily the best. (Caveat: I haven't played it since they gave Warrior & Paladin their weapons, but Mage should still be tops.)
I take it back. Paladin is actually playable now. (Still worse than Mage, but winnable.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:07:33 pm by blueblimp »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 08:53:48 pm »

Yeah, when I played Warlock, it seemed like I went 50/50 against Mages, but beat any other classes easily.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 06:35:27 pm »

Warlock might be fine if it weren't for its trash class cards. I find it basically impossible to win vs Mage as Warlock, and easy in the other direction (though maybe I only saw that once). They play good cards, I only have bad cards, and my hero power is worse... seems hard.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 12:41:45 am »

Just played a series of the new solo adventure where I got 6 Zillaxes in my deck. (Got to the 6th round.)

PS: They missed a chance with this new expansion to use "Rumblestiltskin" somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 12:44:00 am by LibraryAdventurer »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 02:59:30 am »

Activated bloodsail raider's battlecry as a mage.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 08:15:32 am »

Weapons Project in Arena?

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 06:46:04 pm »
+1

Weapons Project in Arena?
My opponent used Weapons project, yes. Not arena. I got the Bloodsail raider from that spell that puts two random minions in your hand.

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 10:08:34 pm »

My Arena opponent (a Shaman) evolved a 7-cost card into a Lucentbark with Witchy Lackey, then proceeded to play three Walking Fountains afterward.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 02:27:28 am »
+2

Not exactly a Hearthstone moment, but I was just at a writer's conference for writers of fantasy and sci-fi and there was a costume night. This was the winning costume:

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 05:36:18 pm »
+1

Just died from a 20 damage Eye for an Eye.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 07:55:59 am »
+1

I managed to beat the first Plague Lord in the Uldum single player content on my first run. Khadgar/Jan'alai and a bunch of crazy treasures helped a lot.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 11:05:20 pm »

I managed to beat the first Plague Lord in the Uldum single player content on my first run. Khadgar/Jan'alai and a bunch of crazy treasures helped a lot.
I found (on both normal and heroic) that on my first time reaching the plague lord, the board flood in phase 3 was just too much to keep up with. I'd run out of ways to clear the board, run out of cards in my deck, and meanwhile he seems to have unlimited ability to spam the board. His options to clear are also crazy strong (hero power of course, which he doesn't even need much because of Plague of Murlocs).

I can't say I like this style of boss design much. It's mostly his ability to clear and transform my board that I find annoying. It makes what I do for board development almost irrelevant.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 09:45:17 am »

I found (on both normal and heroic) that on my first time reaching the plague lord, the board flood in phase 3 was just too much to keep up with. I'd run out of ways to clear the board, run out of cards in my deck, and meanwhile he seems to have unlimited ability to spam the board. His options to clear are also crazy strong (hero power of course, which he doesn't even need much because of Plague of Murlocs).

I can't say I like this style of boss design much. It's mostly his ability to clear and transform my board that I find annoying. It makes what I do for board development almost irrelevant.

Maybe i just got lucky, but my experience was that when he played Plague of Murlocs in the second phase, it was actually a boon because it allowed my board to get buffed by the Scaly Golems. Took him from 300 to 0 on the first try with both Reno and Finley, and he didn't even get to use his final hero power.

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2019, 10:13:27 am »

I got quite lucky and beat him in my first run, too. He even used his last hero power against me at least 2-3 times, but I still somehow managed to get back on each time (don't think I even drew my best treasure, but I somehow made it work).

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2019, 04:30:20 pm »

I actually misread what the final hero power does the first time, and lost two of my Ragnaros that way. I had made it to the bottom of my deck when I won, with the boss's last Plague of Murlocs still giving me a good board and then getting the occasional Old Murk Eye. I had the treasure that reduces the attack of all enemy minions by 1.

Funny thing, I had the treasure that gives all my minions death rattle: summon a legendary. At one point, I had both Kel'Thuzad and Catrina Muerte on board.

It really did come down to the wire. I'm feeling that it would be a pain to get through 7 bosses again to refight the plague lord.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2019, 03:28:14 am »

Here's something degenerate but useless: if you activate Jr. Tomb Diver and stall until you discover Hearthstone, you get a visit to the tavern, without advancing through the adventure. This lets you go near-infinite.

The amount you can actually modify your deck in a single visit is pretty limited, though, so the amount of time you'd need to spend to actually do much is... a lot.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2019, 05:19:02 am »

OK so an actual strategy involving that near-infinite trick is to cast a lot of Gnomebliterators. When starting the plague lord fight, it takes 10 damage per Gnomebliterator you cast ever during the run.

I had Elixir of Vim plus the passive that makes playing odd-cost cards discount your whole hand, so I could get Jr. Tomb Diver out reasonably early. I only bothered to grind it long enough to get 8 Gnomebliterators, though. (That was more than enough, since K'zrath was at 13 health from my previous run.)

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 06:27:28 pm »
+1

Really enjoying this solo content. Took the plague lord of death to 0 with Elise on the first run. I used a treasure to summon 6 1/1 copies of an enemy Sylvanas Windrunner, then resummoned them with multiple Katrina Muerte.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 09:37:39 pm »

The third plague lord is my favorite so far, because you have a lot more control over what's on your board compared to the others. The only thing I found dumb about the encounter is the insane amount of self-healing he runs. In particular, when he plays an Obsidian Statue in phase 2, the amount of healing he gets from it is massive.

I managed to take him down in one run (on Normal) but only because I had an OP deck and a Hearthstone to do it in two parts. I had the passive that makes your spells summon a minion from your deck, lots of huge minions (4x Kel'Thuzad), lots of cheap spells (6x Raven Idol, 2x Worthy Expedition), and also the passive that triplicates your discovers with a cost discount. My best-ever turn 1 (on an earlier boss, not the plague lord) was something like Worthy Expedition into triple Power of the Wild, which put a bunch of stuff on the board, including two Kel'Thuzads.

I'm currently thinking that Hearthstone is by far the best treasure, if you're trying to take out the plague lord in one run.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.