Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]  All

Author Topic: Kudasai's Random Dominion Cards  (Read 59951 times)

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1424
    • View Profile
Re: Kudasai's Random Dominion Cards
« Reply #325 on: August 19, 2019, 12:48:35 pm »
+1

I can say right away that Factory is too good. It doesn't take much thought to play a string of Lost Cities.
I agree. In addition to that it might lead to sloppy play, like not playing a gainer before a reshuffle and playing a Factory instead due to being in time trouble. Perhaps that's the chess player in me talking but superquick play simply cannot be as good as thoughtful play. I think that there are better ways to handle analysis paralysis, like implicit social norms in a playing group (e.g. I always try to play quickly and apologize whenever I take a bit of a think).

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 09, 2019, 03:25:09 pm »

Messing around with ideas to add consistency to Dominion games. My idea:

Leaders: Players in turn order may choose any one Leader at the start of the game. There are no limits on Leaders so players could possibly all choose the same leader. Leaders add benefits, but they also come at a cost.

Here are some rough concepts:

Feedback is always appreciated. Devout probably will have the most issues, but I think it could be fun. Anyone else have any ideas for Leaders?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:26:37 pm by Kudasai »

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1424
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 09, 2019, 03:43:19 pm »
+2

I think that this is a cool idea. I'd make the selection of it in turn order such that the starting player advantage is very mildly mitigated (choosing later is always better, but not by much).
Devout is indeed crazy, e.g. with Warehouse, but I don't think that it has any rule issues.

Udzu

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +148
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 29, 2022, 04:33:23 am »

Lovely cards! A few questions:
  • Gambling Hall: When are the tokens removed? Also how does this handle throne rooming? (The way I read it, you could put some tokens the first time, then add some more the second time, then presumably remove them all the first time you resolve?)
  • Apparition: do these go at the bottom of all Supply piles (incuding Provinces) or just Kingdom piles?
  • Shaman: what happens if it's a draw? Both? Neither? What if there's nothing in the trash (so again a draw, but with 0)?
  • Bannerman: Do players all get the same Banner cards or can they be different? Also, any reason not to make Bannerman a Command type and leave the Banner cards on the mat when played? (as it is, a Duration Banner card would currently be discarded into the discard pile as normal the following turn I think)
  • Astronomer: I assume there are 10 of these?
  • Metropolis: What happens if you've not previously played any +Action cards? Do you get $0? So "Metropolis-Smithy-Metropolis" would give $0 for the first Metropolis and $2 for the second?
Also Sunken City should probably say "discard an Action card". And Refuge currently allows infinite loops: 2 Refuges each selecting "Night" phase on alternating turns.

As I said, lovely cards. Looking forward to playing with some of them!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 06:37:53 am by Udzu »

BryGuy

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +158
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 27, 2022, 11:22:31 am »

Any updates to these cards?

I like draw Bridge, Moon shrine, Consulate, Astrolab, Wonder, and Great Forest.

Draw Bridge: Without some coin cost seems a little too strong at D8. Maybe some thing like: $3 & D5

Moon Shrine: Maybe restrict the Victory-token to only Victories types costing less than $8

Astrolab: Maybe modify to only one Debt per Treasure?

Great Forest: Maybe modify to only 2 Victory and increase cost to $4. You could reword to "Next turn, +$1 per Great Forest other players have in play."

Nice art on all these cards.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 09:07:19 am by BryGuy »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]  All

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.