Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Creating new cards for alchemy 8 to be exact.  (Read 6262 times)

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
Re: Creating new cards for alchemy 8 to be exact.
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2018, 08:50:04 pm »

Hey ClouduHieh,

Was thinking about your needs for a bigger and better Black Market and I came up with this. Not meant to replace what you've come up with, it was just inspired by your conversation so I wanted to share.

It allows 2 cards to be gained, you take debt now so you no longer have to miss buy opportunities, and it skips Potion cost altogether!

Hope the card printing is going well!

The gaining needs to be optional; otherwise you can be forced to take a bunch of debt for cards you wouldn’t ever want to buy.

I made it mandatory to distinguish it from Black Market, but perhaps this is too harsh.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 12:32:41 am »

Is it all right to reveal Possession or Fortune, which have non-coin cost?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2018, 01:29:49 am »

Is it all right to reveal Possession or Fortune, which have non-coin cost?

It says total cost in coin and debt, so Possession would get you 6 debt and Fortune would get you 16 debt.

I definitely think the mandatory gain is too harsh... drawing only bad cards and not getting to buy anything is bad enough already. It doesn’t need an extra penalty on top of the wasted action.

Also, this version gives no coin, so it’s probably really weak... gaining 2 cards which you eventually have to pay for is basically just like getting +2 buys, with the perks of paying debt instead of coin, and getting cards you can’t normally get. With regular Black Market, when it misses it was just a Terminal Silver. If this misses, it was a terminal nothing. As a whole, I think this is weaker than Black Market.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:31:22 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Kudasai

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2018, 03:09:45 am »

Also, this version gives no coin, so it’s probably really weak... gaining 2 cards which you eventually have to pay for is basically just like getting +2 buys, with the perks of paying debt instead of coin, and getting cards you can’t normally get. With regular Black Market, when it misses it was just a Terminal Silver. If this misses, it was a terminal nothing. As a whole, I think this is weaker than Black Market.

I'm sure there's a point where revealing enough cards to choose from more than makes up for it's lack of coin generation and needing a Potion to purchase. Maybe?

I'm thinking of this whole thing as a design challenge. How do you make a Black Market card good enough to purchase at $3 Coin and 1 Potion? This might not be that card, but in the meantime, here's a buffed version:

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:12:36 am by Kudasai »

spiralstaircase

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +453
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2018, 03:18:13 pm »

While I agree with the others about the changes that are still necessary, this is much better than the original.  Thanks for taking people's advice to heart!

I'd quite like to see it say "Take <debt> equal to its total cost in <coin>, <debt> and <potion>", just because I think it'd be cool to see all three symbols together.

Kudasai

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2018, 06:22:47 pm »

While I agree with the others about the changes that are still necessary, this is much better than the original.  Thanks for taking people's advice to heart!

I'd quite like to see it say "Take <debt> equal to its total cost in <coin>, <debt> and <potion>", just because I think it'd be cool to see all three symbols together.

Thanks and no problem! Although I think having 4-5 cards to choose from, being able to gain two cards and converting Coin cost to Debt cost is more powerful than people think, I'm up for making changes. This one is about having fun with the idea more than anything.

Adding a Potion clause would be cool, but I'm not sure how you'd equate that to debt. The only conversion the official cards gives is 1 Potion = 2 Cards drawn (or roughly $2 Coin given the context). But this adds a lot of text to an already crowded card space so I'd be inclined not to add it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:24:23 pm by Kudasai »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 09:26:16 pm »

I do like your version of secret market too. Thanks for sharing it with me.

And I don’t really mind being forced to take a card. I’d take one anyway. Also especially if fairgrounds, or museum was in the game. The debt idea is cool too.

I decided not to go the empires route when creating cards at least not right now. I’ve created 100 differently named cards and since I can’t find the original intrigue cards That were removed. I decided to create the original cards with some tweaks. Also I did the same thing with the original 6 from the base game as well. I made some of them night cards even.

The reason why I have so many is I’ve also made my own expansion.

Snowline!

I’m hoping my relative will have everything ready to go soon. My relative and friends will be in town visiting soon. So I’m hoping they will have templates with them.

So I may create a forum just for snowline. Also a snowline is real thing. In areas where snow never melts year after year is considered a snowline.

Also I decided to go the adventures route with the snowline expansion. 2 new travelers, new reserve cards, cards that work with the journey token, durations too of course. And I even sort of went with the dark ages route. There are few cards that aren’t in the supply just like dark ages had a few as well. And snowline also has card that can’t be trashed just like fortress. If you guys want to see some of the cards. I’ll make a forum for snowline. I also made a few new cards for guilds and cornucopia. And I even replaced most of the cards for nocturne for me and my friends to enjoy as well. Nocturne should of had a whole bunch animals like moths, raccoons, owls, skunks ect. So I made my own version of nocturne.

And I mostly don’t like the theme of it. I like my cards realistic. Leprechauns not real. However harlequin poisen dart frog now that’s real.

I volunteer at a zoo. So I know a lot about animals. Which is why cornucopia is my 2nd favorite expansion. Menagerie is a zoo after all.

Although I haven’t figured out how to put the templates on a forum yet. So I may just go with the easy way.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:30:47 pm by ClouduHieh »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2018, 11:18:15 pm »

Since this was so pose to be about new alchemy cards I’m creating. Here’s another one to check out.

Potter

+1 Card +1 Action
Set aside a card under this.
——————————————
At the start of your next turn:
Trash the card under this and
Gain a card costing up to 3$
More than it, with or without
⚗️ In its cost.
2$⚗️ Action-Duration

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2018, 11:27:49 pm »

I know this one doesn’t really fit with alchemy, whatever.

Village idiot

Now and at the start of your
Next turn: +1$
——————————————
Until your next turn whenever
 anyone buys an action
Card, they gain a copper.
2$ Action-Attack-Duration

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2018, 11:42:51 pm »

Alchemy has a vineyard, so where’s the...

Wine cellar

2V

+1 Action
You may discard up to 3 cards
From your hand. +1 Card for
Each card discarded.
4$⚗️ Action-Victory

I know this is a little harder to grab for it’s cost and potion. And I know it’s a limited in the cellar department. But with adding all these new cards I’m trying to create a way to play alchemy all on its own. And potter is one card you can use and once you are able to buy a mad scientist you can do pretty much anything. The chances of getting at least one of these cards with this increases if you just play with alchemy cards. Also I’ve created 3 cards that don’t have potion in its cost. So that makes 5 cards in alchemy that don’t. I think that’s probably the biggest problem with alchemy there’s not enough cards you can buy without potion in its cost.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 11:49:29 pm by ClouduHieh »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2018, 12:04:53 am »

Now this is thee card. A very powerful card.

Mad Scientist

- 2V
—————————————
4$ +1⚗️ +1 Buy
Each other player either
Discards 2 Cards or gains a
Curse to thier hand. You choose.
5$ ⚗️ Action-Attack-Defeat

Hard to get but once you do there’s no alchemy card you can’t buy when you play it especially when you get more than one. And it’s a powerful attack too. Just don’t forget to trash it before the game ends. And if there’s no cards that can trash cards (with now 4 cards that trash so not likely)
You may just want to buy one. Since this is a powerful attack card I have also made a reaction card for alchemy.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2018, 12:15:21 am »

Panacea

+3 Cards +1 Action
You may trash a card from
Your discard pile.
——————————————
When you would gain a card
Not during your turn, you may
Reveal this and instead draw
1 Card to your hand.
4$⚗️ Action-Reaction

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2018, 12:30:31 am »

Magnifying glass

2$

———————————
At the start of the clean-up
Phase you may look at the
Top 3 cards of your deck,
Discard as many as you want.
Then put the rest back in any order.
4$ Treasure

You may do this for each magnifying glass you have in play. Which is another card that could make it easier to have good hand to buy the harder cards.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2018, 12:35:58 am »

Mortar and pestle

Gain a copper and a silver
To your hand.
——————————————
At the start of your next turn:
Gain a card costing up to 3$
With or without ⚗️ In its cost
To your hand.
5$ Action-Duration

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2018, 07:39:03 am »

As somebody has already mentioned, you can just write "up to 3$⚗️". That includes any cards costing up to 3$ without a Potion in their cost.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2018, 08:02:30 pm »

Yeah well it’s okay. Some of my friends are still newbies at dominion. So it’s mostly for them.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.