Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 119543 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2018, 09:10:59 pm »

Had a crazy day. Need to catchup. Will do do tomorrow first thing. Boozy dungeons and dragons session tonight.

drunken jealous furocity swells amongst my chest
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2018, 09:38:32 pm »

mod prod on thath jimm prod

please vote lalight so we can get a lynch

lalight, noone is going to be on later if you are a strong pr say so now, if not awkwardly avoid this post as we no lynch or go somewhere else
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2018, 09:55:12 pm »

Guys I am here I am voting off both wagons and I absolutely will be around until deadline, I am finishing reading isos so I can post before action but consider my vote counted in to get a lynch through. #NightOwl
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2018, 09:55:26 pm »

Guys I am here I am voting off both wagons and I absolutely will be around until deadline, I am finishing reading isos so I can post before action but consider my vote counted in to get a lynch through. #NightOwl
*and girls*
real good. That’s how

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2018, 09:56:25 pm »

I will also be more or less around at deadline.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 30, 2018, 11:33:18 pm »

Will we hear from Lalight before then?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 30, 2018, 11:34:08 pm »

I will vote for either. Prefer LaLight.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 31, 2018, 12:44:14 am »

Vote Count 1.5

Eevee (1): SpaceAnemone
mcmcsalot (3): iguanaiguana, Awaclus, LaLight
Hydrad (1): IDontPlayThisGame
SpaceAnemone (1): Robz888
IDontPlayThisGame (1): Jimmmmm
LaLight (6): EFHW, gkrieg13, mcmcsalot, Galzria, Hydrad, Eevee

Not Voting (1): DatSwan

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends May 31, 2018, 06:00:00 am. That is in about 5 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 31, 2018, 01:29:44 am »

Happy to join the LaLight wagon, and intend to do so in the next couple of hours.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 31, 2018, 01:49:19 am »

Towny

1) SpaceAnemone(18): Bunch of nonsense about RVS and time zones for a few posts and then at #121 like one of my fave posts in a while (regarding the benefits of claiming based on solving the set up). #174 obv doing good Space game solve with the 31% chance. I have noticed a trend that Skum!Space tends to do less "math" so seeing this early is more town points.
Then, there is this post:
No, they can't claim whatever they want. They have to claim something that will be indistinguishable from their actual role as far as town can tell, which can get quite tricky especially because their actual role can suddenly change to something unpredictable.

You make it sound like a scum player can expect to wake up with a totally unexpected role at the start of the day! That's not it at all. The way I understand it, their roles only change if they perform the NK. Now, given that massclaim means that scums know exactly what all the townie roles are (except if we lie, which I don't think is something you're suggesting), they would just need to pick one of their group to wake up with a known role they can plan in advance.

I realise I'm getting perilously close to offering advice to the scumteam, but I feel we're still in pretty obvious territory here. And advice for town: until we have useful PR-derived game information that we can all share and act upon, I think going into any significant detail about our roles isn't a good idea. Of course, I have no idea what other roles are out there, so maybe some of you do have reasons to want to share.. I'm not stopping you, but I'm not going to make my own role easy or convenient for scum to take.
... which feels off. like I agree with everything she says, but just it almost too helpful. Absolutely choosing to ignore it for now, just want it out in the world.
Finishes with a good interaction with Awaclus as well as Eevee.
Can't remember who suggested it (Robz?) But I really do not think there is a "Space!Case" at this point.

2) Eevee (26): First relevant post is #111 (pointing out issue in the VT/NotVT mass claim idea), in which they make a good point. Next, they also agree with Space's game solve post. Goes VLA for a little bit and then returns now stating that they might actually be on board with the Awaclus claim idea because it would be fun and because of the amount of info it would potentially create - this part feels skummy to me in the sense that they flipped their beliefs on the claim... but also like "can't be skummy" because at this point the only skum reason to agree with it would be to like push for it and we had all pretty much made it clear there was no way it was gonna happen by now.
Then calls Space Town and Awaclus skummy.
And then a good solid post in #199 where they talk about how we should be assessing the pros and cons of the massclaim in regards to "when it is actually going to happen". This is a big reason why they are in my town pool right now.
Then to wrap it up - I just feel like the whole game they have been getting targeted too easily, and are defending themselves in a fine fashion. Town show at this point imo.

2) Awaclus (30): So first off... Awaclus has 30 posts and I think like less than 10 of them have been Awaclus-y. Which while weird... kind of taking the "if it looks like a town, and acts like a town..." approach here. I also stand by what I said before in regards to them pushing the meta discussion regarding the mass claim (that is to say I don't see why Skum!Awaclus would do this in any game, given they have the perfect skum meta to sit back and hide behind). I mean this is like the defn of a volatile read that could flip day to day, but for today, never gonna lynch here just based on the general premise above.

Null/Town

1) EFHW (19): Starts off with the first half + of posts just kind of RVS and asking random questions. Then starts on a (good line of questioning imo) about the relevance of the massclaim plan, instead of focusing on whether or not we should do it. Then jumps Awaclus to LL. Origninal reasoning on LL was based on the word "though" and then follow up reasoning is based on the fact they didn't answer what "gut feeling" means - bad... baaddddd cases. However, everything else feels towny to point for me so I am leaning Null/Town.

2) gkrieg13 (23): First 9 posts have zero content about the game. Opens in post #143 agreeing that the game seems like a closed set up.
Thinks space is town.
Doesn't support a mass claim.
Votes MCMC.
Aknoledges that they always get looked at for not being very active day 1 - which is meh, but also true.
I absolutely agree with his most recent post about how he started non relative and as of late he has been pushing for answers (spec on Galz and Evee). He also switched over to LL somewhere in the end there.
All in all this is just to be referenced later, I don't think I ever could find a GK vote on Day 1 really.

3) Hydrad (27): Opens with the Galz snap hammer conversation.
Then starts the "who wants to Mass Claim" in #84.
Follows that up with the VT/not VT claim idea, which I read as too dumb to be skummy.
#120 points out that there is a difference between getting reactions to claims and actually thinking they will go through.
#184 he finds Eevee towny for finding him towny? that doesn't make sense to me.
#185 he thinks Awaclus is normal thus far this game... which I disagree with. Probably NAI, but just to point it out.
#236 really not giving up on the GK gut feel thing. I am the opposite of most on this I think, I actually think Town tunnels like this more often then Skum.
#270 we get the skum to chum list. I also, think differently than most about the "abbreviated reads list". Most of the time it gets fought that there is not enough reasoning - but a lot of the time it is just town trying to let people know where they stand.
Then he votes LL.
Then he claims to not of known that the wagon was that large on them - I don't know what to make of that. I feel like skum would be very aware of wagon counts all the time, but obv it could be an untrue statement.
All in all Null on the Towny side. Don't like lynching here.

4) mcmcsalot (27): First thing that pings me is the interactions with the time zone stuff and then the joke about G-U-T-F-E-E-L-I-N-G. Skum makes jokes more often in my experience.
#196 shows they are clearly reading along, making a list of for and against mass claim. Weird to note that MCMC is less than usually involved in this convo though.
#204 finds Eevee skummy.
#263 and #264 both are good solid posts. Answers questions and, assuming they are actually busy building coops or whatever, the effort would seem towny.
Trying hard to not read alignment off of #274 - but I disagree with them. I think posts like this are extremely useful to town.
#276 is a good vote accumulation record.
And then the LL vote.
I may be a sucker, but when IRL pop ups tend to make me disregard certain aspects of people's play, especially this early. Example being that I would normally find MCMC veryyyyy off because of their lack of D1 content when they normally are so involved, but idk... shit happens. Going in as Null/Towny for now.

Null/Null

1) IDontPlayThisGame (32): Opens with a Robz vote, which for reasons I am retaining for the time being, I find Towny for IDP.
#110 Calls Hydrad out on the bad idea.
#118 makes like.... a really good point. to the extent that I have used it since I read it in conceptualizing skum connections.
All the way up to #279 is pretty much just him emphasizing the claim thing. In #279 he calls out II on mis quoting him - which is fair.
IDK what to make of the last post regarding Space and VLA stuff.
All in all, IDP hits as the only player in my Null/Null category. Could be standard town, or perfect skum. They are def capable of being either.

Null/Skum

1)Galzria (25+ no UN): After pre-game, RVS, and forum time bs, we start with him regarding his hammer tech recently. First thing that pinged me was how it sounded when Robz brought it up and Galz responded. I think Town!Galz normally lets people talk it out and guess first. That being said, I have no clue what Skum!Galz does so pretty much I am reading this situation as "Different!Galz" which to me, in this set up, is the same as Skum!Galz.
Then he is out for a while before being prodded, and fwiw, I can vouch (as I work alongside him) that work was just a freeking cluster over that time.
#249 - First real post that helped me connect some (what I hope to be) dots. The part about Eevee I am just taking as NAI because my brain will explode trying to figure it out D1, so just like... to be remembered. The top portion though is towny.. but off. And I unfortunately do not have a better explanation than that. It just feels off.
#255 feels overly defensive.
Prod on me - putting all of my effort ever into NAI reading that, because idk what to do with it.
Then there is #289 which I can't bring myself to NAI read. I clearly stated it was late, this was a summary post, and I would expand on it later... and then he kind of lays into me on like exactly those three platforms.
He unvotes in #290, which I am forced to read with either some town cred if MCMC is to ever flip as Town, or it would argue very potential partner liklihood between MCMC and Galz if one ever flips skum.
Then there is the whole "sheeping" convo.
Then he starts to add onto the case he agreed with on LL - to which I gotta say, there is some validity to imo.
He then votes for LL. (off of galz specific read - but he is followed by Eevee and Hydrad who were both on GK). Creates a huge counter/swing wagon for MCMC.
After a brief read last night I found him skummy, and tbh I still think it is skummy, but he is going in my skummy/null section for now because there are so many flips that could happen that would make me second guess myself. Also, the fact there have been ZERO votes for him is weird as hell!

2) Robz888 (7): Opens with a self vote - I always find that skummy.
And then... of thier 7 total posts in the game the rest is a bad case on Space (imo), voting, and saying sorry I will be catching up. Life happens, so he fades my for-sure-skum pool.. but like def not the Town!Robz I am used to. Also he is getting attacked a lot less than I would expect.

Skummy

1) iguanaiguana (15+ no UNtag): Opens with the harsh truth on how the Robz lynches have been going. Then does something I do not really like for the next couple posts (seems he was VLA during this time as well) - but he like just undermines everything to do with the massclaim. Comments on ignoring the mass claim posts in the re read. Just seems odd. At the very least it can be used to generate info/reads as it has been essentially our only topic of real discussion at this point.
Then #269 is the reads list with like 3 nulls and 6 towns, I can't bring myself to like... not find that at least partially skummy, but then again, I am having the same issue making my reads.
Then this weird bit with Galz that kind of seems a little fabricated tbh - Just because of how (just saying) ridiculous the whole bit was.
Then he turns down the LL idea and proposes a new pool [Jim, Awaclus, MCMC] - I think the selection of the pool is skummy as hell. Essentially, takes the leading wagon off the table (LL), while throwing in a lurker (Jim), the previous still there wagon (MCMC), and then Awaclus (which is arguably the easiest case to "fake" at this point). IDK it just pings off to me. In my skum bucket for now.

2) Jimmmm (7): Idk what to say here. Has 7 posts and they all consist of RVS, voting players based on timezones or setup talk, and declaring they will be there for DL. I don't really see the value in a lynch here, but I can't say I don't think they are skummy.

3) LaLight (7): Opens with GK and then switches to Eevee on gut feel.
States they are against mass claiming and questions SA's math on the 31%.
Then they agree with a Galz post and think MCMC and Eevee are skummy.
Then they vote MCMC and disappear.
Skummy. Just Skummy. IDK, call this one my gut feel.

So yeah, sorry that that had to all come out in one post. Promise to be more active going forward, but this is where I am at rn.
I have no problem lynching LL.

Vote: LaLight
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2018, 01:49:53 am »

also meant to put this, but I think that is L-1.

Around until DL if anyone wants to talk shit out.
real good. That’s how

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 31, 2018, 01:59:19 am »

2) Jimmmm (7): Idk what to say here. Has 7 posts and they all consist of RVS, voting players based on timezones or setup talk, and declaring they will be there for DL.

I legitimately thing IDPTG is scummy and LaLight is kind of scummy.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 31, 2018, 02:27:32 am »

2) Jimmmm (7): Idk what to say here. Has 7 posts and they all consist of RVS, voting players based on timezones or setup talk, and declaring they will be there for DL.

Like i believe you... i just don’t know why (or does anyone but you), which is not a strong town tactic
real good. That’s how

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 31, 2018, 02:33:33 am »

Like i believe you... i just don’t know why (or does anyone but you), which is not a strong town tactic

I mean I gave reasons - IDPTG had an overly concerned "Go Town" post which often comes from scum. LL didn't know the setup in the OP which is scummy.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 31, 2018, 03:30:45 am »

I’m motion detector who’ll know how many motions were there. Also all the reads i always have are gut feelings i can’t really explain with a lot of words and like huge percentage of you is aware of that
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 31, 2018, 03:32:20 am »

Mcmc doesn’t look townie, as well as Eevee. EFHW though is on townie side now. Mcmc is just more aggressive and less pushing forwarf, post counts and vote counts are easy to do as both alignments. Eevee is overly polite, that’s a scum trait foe him. Schadd knows, but he isn’t here to back me up. I think gkrieg and ii are towns.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 31, 2018, 03:33:35 am »

If idp is scum, we’ll know soon enough, same with me, people

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 31, 2018, 03:37:08 am »

Flavor name’s Skin

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2018, 04:16:51 am »

I don't really feel like moving my vote right now.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 31, 2018, 04:22:46 am »

I don't really feel like moving my vote right now.

I think everyone’s asleep or pretends to be so we won’t lynch scum toDay

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 31, 2018, 04:24:27 am »

As it is RMM I think no lynch is not that bad?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 31, 2018, 04:29:39 am »

I mean I gave reasons - IDPTG had an overly concerned "Go Town" post which often comes from scum. LL didn't know the setup in the OP which is scummy.

Fair enough you did. I just didn't read the go town post from IDP as skummy.. he kind of does that a bit.
Where are you at here? I really do not like an MCMC lynch over LL
real good. That’s how

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 31, 2018, 04:31:10 am »

I'm happy with an LL lynch.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 31, 2018, 04:39:39 am »

I’m motion detector who’ll know how many motions were there. Also all the reads i always have are gut feelings i can’t really explain with a lot of words and like huge percentage of you is aware of that

So this claim is not enough to get me off LL right now, but I should point out they added in the part where they get to know how many motions. Is there any merit in getting them to agree to a full claim tomorrow, and if they are lying about the role we can call them out on the amount of movement?
real good. That’s how

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 31, 2018, 04:44:56 am »

So this claim is not enough to get me off LL right now, but I should point out they added in the part where they get to know how many motions. Is there any merit in getting them to agree to a full claim tomorrow, and if they are lying about the role we can call them out on the amount of movement?

I feel like this is kind of the problem with RMM. If we let LL off the hook due to the claim, then get say mcmc up to L-1, but he claims some cool PR so we just end up no lynching and have achieved nothing except two claims.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.