Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 119448 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2018, 10:37:45 am »

@Awaclus, your suggestion appeared to be that we should massclaim with a 50% chance. Do you believe that your plan has at least a 50% chance of being beneficial to town?

@mcmc, is gkrieg scummy?

@Robz, how boozy was the brunch that you haven't resurfaced yet?

@Jimmmmm, do you still exist?

@Eevee, yay, you still exist, and not much has happened while you were out. Any feelings from you on who's being weird or scummy?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2018, 10:45:40 am »

@Awaclus, your suggestion appeared to be that we should massclaim with a 50% chance. Do you believe that your plan has at least a 50% chance of being beneficial to town?

Compared to what?

Compared to not massclaiming: I don't know, I don't know the setup.
Compared to massclaiming: I don't know, I don't know the setup.
Compared to letting scum influence our decision based on the information that they have: Yes.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2018, 11:38:02 am »

I don't have any substantial reads yet, unfortunately. I didn't even remember Jimmm was in the game (hi!).

I don't think we are going to get enough people to agree to a massclaim. It would be an interesting, different day 1, but I never quite feel like doing it "in this particular game" when I'm actually playing. I don't know why.

The more I think about this, the more I feel like it might be really fun. I'm in for Awaclus's plan.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2018, 11:39:35 am »

I like to think so.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2018, 12:41:35 pm »

@mcmc, is gkrieg scummy?

@Robz, how boozy was the brunch that you haven't resurfaced yet?

@Eevee, yay, you still exist, and not much has happened while you were out. Any feelings from you on who's being weird or scummy?

I think this is townie from Space.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2018, 01:06:31 pm »

Compared to what?

Compared to not massclaiming: I don't know, I don't know the setup.
Compared to massclaiming: I don't know, I don't know the setup.
Compared to letting scum influence our decision based on the information that they have: Yes.

How do I know that your 50/50 plan isn't scum influencing our decision based on information you have?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2018, 01:15:56 pm »

The more I think about this, the more I feel like it might be really fun. I'm in for Awaclus's plan.

Obviously, I'm not.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2018, 02:08:25 pm »

How do I know that your 50/50 plan isn't scum influencing our decision based on information you have?

What information do you think I have that makes it most beneficial for me to have a 50/50 random chance?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2018, 02:11:13 pm »

What information do you think I have that makes it most beneficial for me to have a 50/50 random chance?

The understanding that a 50% chance of something happening that you want to happen is better than 0%.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2018, 02:13:59 pm »

The understanding that a 50% chance of something happening that you want to happen is better than 0%.

And worse than 100%.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2018, 03:23:09 pm »

And worse than 100%.

If you thought you could force something 100%, you wouldn't propose a 50/50.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2018, 03:54:00 pm »

And worse than 100%.

And what do you think I would force?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2018, 03:55:28 pm »

And worse than 100%.

Whichever you think is better for you.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2018, 03:59:58 pm »

And worse than 100%.

Which is?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2018, 04:05:43 pm »

And worse than 100%.

Which is?

Depends on whether you're scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2018, 04:13:54 pm »

And worse than 100%.

Which is?

Aren't you working under the assumption that I am?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2018, 04:17:47 pm »

And worse than 100%.

Which is?

Where did I say that?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2018, 04:18:40 pm »

vote: Awaclus.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2018, 04:21:03 pm »

And worse than 100%.

Which is?

Where did I say that?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2018, 04:28:45 pm »

Why the vote on Awaclus, EFHW?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2018, 05:19:16 pm »

@mcmc, is gkrieg scummy?

So far I lean town and also lean town on you.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2018, 05:58:07 pm »

And worse than 100%.

Which is?

Where did I say that?

That's the question you still haven't answered.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2018, 06:18:48 pm »

Compared to what?

Compared specifically to not following through on the plan you propose, since I think in general we need town consensus before a massclaim happens.

What I'm driving at is this: you're sort of correct in that we don't know anything about this set-up except for our individual roles. The only extra info we have is that faust has designed the game to be balanced, and my belief is that he wouldn't make a game that's too breakable or too swingy, or too far from what any of us expects as an RMM. I think mods typically like running games because they like players enjoying their construct, and get something out of contributing to the community of mafia players here. So, I think faust's game is reasonably close to other types of RMM games.

This is where IDP's question at #133/#134 is relevant: do we as a group believe that massclaiming D1 is ever good for town? I'm not convinced the answer is yes, and even if there was one pathological game you could cite, we'd still be left with the question of whether faust would offer up such a game to us now. So I think the chance of any random RMM game being constructed such that a D1 massclaim is good for town is lower than 5%. Yes, we don't know the specifics of this game, so it's fair for you to cite that you can't know what's going on, but it's also shortsighted because we can use prior information to make better judgements than random.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll regret trying to waid in with logic when you and IDP are having so much fun swamping the thread with chit-chat, but your attitude is irritating enough that I'm sorely tempted to join EFHW on the Awaclus train just now.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2018, 06:22:52 pm »

Note to the other townies out there: almost 31% of the other people in this game are scums. That's a pretty high percentage, meaning that having a morale-boosting D1 scum lynch is more feasible than the average game, especially if we can get everyone talking. Not engaging with other people should not be an options for townies here.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2018, 06:27:51 pm »

I think I need you to show your working on that one. Maybe start by explaining what your understanding of Awaclus's plan is, then say why it's not a terrible idea...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.509 seconds with 20 queries.