Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Intrigue Second edition missing cards  (Read 2774 times)

pacatak

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Intrigue Second edition missing cards
« on: May 14, 2018, 01:34:18 pm »

has anyone else had this happen?  i bought intrigue a few months ago, but finally had a chance to play it.  when we opened it up, one of the sets was adventure cards instead of intrigue.  is it best to contact Rio Grand, amazon, or am i just out of luck.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: Intrigue Second edition missing cards
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 01:40:58 pm »

It's a known issue, and unfortunately has happened to a lot of printings recently. You should contact Rio Grande Games. They'll send you the correct cards as soon as they can, which is usually quite soon.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +513
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 01:55:09 pm »

A friend of mine had this happen to him. I told him that if he contacted the publisher they'd send him the replacements and let him keep the originals. Hope I was telling the truth.

Although IIRC a bunch of those Adventures cards required tokens or such so are only moderately useful.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 02:09:53 pm »
+3

Although IIRC a bunch of those Adventures cards required tokens or such so are only moderately useful.

I disagree; I think most of the Adventures cards that require tokens are incredibly useful.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 03:15:27 pm »
+10

I disagree; I think most of the Adventures cards that require tokens are incredibly useful.

Awaclus alt account?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 03:44:27 pm »

Awaclus alt account?

Huh?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 04:06:40 pm »
+7

Awaclus alt account?

Huh?

Dingan's post seemed to me to be a post I would expect you to make (responding to a literal but intentionally wrong interpretation of a comment for the purpose of humor.

To further explain the joke (for the purpose of humor); Eran clearly meant that the cards have limited usefulness if you only have the cards, and not the tokens to go with them, but Dingan's response was about the overall usefulness of the cards.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:08:25 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 04:47:08 pm »
+3

has anyone else had this happen?  i bought intrigue a few months ago, but finally had a chance to play it.  when we opened it up, one of the sets was adventure cards instead of intrigue.  is it best to contact Rio Grand, amazon, or am i just out of luck.
This was a mistake on the part of the printer (who RGG has now stopped using). In fact you should contact RGG, and they will provide the missing cards. You can keep the Adventures ones, some of which will work without more components (the rulebook if you need it is on the RGG website).

At this point I think the estimate is that a few hundred copies were affected. Initially they guessed something like 88, it would be in multiples of 88 for some reason, or whatever number I'm forgetting but you know, something like that; then there were more than 88 so oops 176? Anyway other people were in fact affected, but most copies are fine.

pacatak

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 04:51:07 pm »

This is good news.  thank you.  a few extra cards in the long run makes this not a bad deal at all.  Love the game.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 05:12:46 pm »
+5

Now if only RGG would send free second edition Adventures to those who bought the first edition and are stuck with extra bendy cards.  :(

(This wasn't intended to be a criticism of RGG; I wouldn't actually expect them to do that. But it is annoying to play with those cards IRL).

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 12:21:19 am »

Now if only RGG would send free second edition Adventures to those who bought the first edition and are stuck with extra bendy cards.  :(

(This wasn't intended to be a criticism of RGG; I wouldn't actually expect them to do that. But it is annoying to play with those cards IRL).
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 10:27:40 pm »
+1

The more bothersome thing for me has always been the different shade of blue on the background.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.