Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Dynasties  (Read 1219 times)

Neirai the Forgiven

• Explorer
  • Respect: +119
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Dynasties
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 12:22:21 pm »

It's probably too late to say, but I feel that it might be interesting if being a Kin increased the cost of a card that it affected; meaning, with sort of the older model, if you were giving trashing to a Shanty Town, it would also cost +$1.

Aquila

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2018, 10:03:29 am »
+1

It's probably too late to say, but I feel that it might be interesting if being a Kin increased the cost of a card that it affected; meaning, with sort of the older model, if you were giving trashing to a Shanty Town, it would also cost +$1.
I've learned that the less a Kin does to change a card the better, so analysis paralysis is lessened. Mead Hall might be a bad design anyway.

But for now, a few ideas to start this off as a full expansion:

Armoursmith - Action, $4 cost.
+4 Cards
If your deck and discard pile empty while this is in play, trash this.
-
When you gain this, each other player looks at the top 2 cards of their deck, discards any number, and puts the rest back in any order.
Simple draw that can't be put in a full deck-draw engine so easily. Simplicity is the key here to make analysing how Kins affect this easier. As much as I'd love to not have the bottom bit, it feels like a $4.5 cost card so the gift to other players knocks this down to $4 whilst softens the early deck cycling advantage this gives.

Potter - Action, $4 cost.
Gain a card costing up to $4. You may reveal an Action from your hand with the same cost as it, for +2VP.
More VP tokens to accompany Pillar. A Workshop that can get you ahead on points if you play things right.

Farrier - Action, $3 cost.
+2 Cards
+1 Action

Discard a Copper (or reveal you can't.)
Rider - Action, $5 cost.
+1 Buy
+1 Card per Farrier you have in play. Discard any number of cards. + $1 per card discarded per Rider you have in play.
Split pile to go with Travelling Merchant, and split piles fit well in the set anyway. Farrier is drawing cards for you somehow, either as a late Lab or as fuel for Rider's draw, and the Rider himself Vaults the draw away for payload. Besides other things.

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +374
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2018, 08:39:01 am »

These are all very interesting cards. I have a hard time judging Armoursmith and Rider but on the first glance they look sound.
Farrier could be too good for $3 if there is a run on the pile in many games so it might have to cost $4. But on the other hand opening double Farrier isn't that brilliant: some cycling, no boost to the economy and you could end up in a similar situation as somebody who mindlessly buys Saunas in the opening.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 21 queries.