Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: (Art Reveals within!) Dominion: Antiquities  (Read 1248 times)

Commodore Chuckles

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +551
    • View Profile
Re: (Art Reveals within!) Dominion: Antiquities
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2018, 02:12:41 pm »
+1

With boulder trap, the issue becomes formatting; it theory it should be something like

Boulder Trap - Trap - $3
-1VP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you trash this, each other player gains a Curse.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you gain a card from the top of a Supply pile, if this is the next card, gain it.
Setup: Shuffle one Boulder Trap into each Kingdom pile.

That gets a bit crazy. But I will definitely entertain any feedback on how to avoid having three horizontal lines on the card.

I don't think you need to do this. If there are other Traps, printing all of the Trap rules on every card definitely seems like overkill. Also, the whole point of the weird border color is to tell people that they need to crack open the rulebook instead of wasting space on every card. It's not like Night Cards all say, "You can only play this after the Buy phase."

Neirai the Forgiven

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +82
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2018, 10:29:27 am »

With boulder trap, the issue becomes formatting; it theory it should be something like

Boulder Trap - Trap - $3
-1VP
When you trash this, each other player gains a Curse.
When you gain a card from the top of a Supply pile, if this is the next card, gain it.
Setup: Shuffle one Boulder Trap into each Kingdom pile.

That gets a bit crazy. But I will definitely entertain any feedback on how to avoid having three horizontal lines on the card.

I don't think you need to do this. If there are other Traps, printing all of the Trap rules on every card definitely seems like overkill. Also, the whole point of the weird border color is to tell people that they need to crack open the rulebook instead of wasting space on every card. It's not like Night Cards all say, "You can only play this after the Buy phase."

^^This. In reality, I'll be distributing a rulebook.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2018, 10:14:17 am »

Looks like I've been breaking images by changing them, go figure. People keep asking me to make changes.

Here's a link to the final album. All art is final other than the Token, which is getting a bit of a facelift.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:32:51 pm by Neirai the Forgiven »

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +4736
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2018, 10:53:16 am »
+1

Unlike Tunnel, Agora doesn't get covered up when you reveal it and gain a card, so I'm not sure whether you can technically reveal it unlimited times.

I think Artifact could be "pay any amount of (coins). You may gain...", although a "problem" there is that you may spend money and still get nothing.

I think I like Encroach (although I never heard that word before).

Trashing Graveyard with Watchtower in a Tomb game generates unbounded VP.

Prospector reminds me of something I tried to do once, but does it better. I might have mentioned this before.

Doesn't Riches make it awfully easy to buy Provinces? Buy Riches, buy Silver, trash all but Riches and buy Province, buy Riches, trash Riches and buy Province... I guess colliding two Riches isn't trivial, but even a single one is enough to get another Riches. I recommend trying out a stupid Riches-rush at least once to see where it gets you.

Sarcophagus' wording is unclear. I know this is dumb, but I genuinely misunderstood it at first, at least common sense tells me that I did.

Stronghold has too much text.

I assume discarding a Relic isn't revealing a Treasure for Tomb Hunter? As the revealing is an important part of the card, I wouldn't put it into parantheses here.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2018, 12:31:55 pm »
+1

Asper, I really appreciate your thoughts, especially Agora and Graveyard. I'll make sure Graveyards can't gain Graveyards from the trash and I'm going to get a migraine thinking about what to do to make sure Agora doesn't gain unlimited silvers to your hand.

I've done stupid Riches-rush before, it usually fizzles out before you win, although if you are the only one buying Riches you can get 5 Provinces with them if they all align nicely.

Discarding a Relic isn't revealing a Treasure. You would discard Relic, rather than reveal that you can't. I'll make a note to mention that in the rulebook.

I may massage Sarcophagus a bit to make it worded better. Its wording is a relic from when it was a Procession+Throne Room and might be better said.
Edit: I actually already have, just not uploaded it: "Gain an Action card costing up to $2 less than this and play it. When it leaves play, trash it."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:34:29 pm by Neirai the Forgiven »

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +4736
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2018, 06:01:00 pm »

About Sarcophagus, if I remember correctly, Saboteur used the same wording. So it's not like it's actually wrong, more like, if you came to think of a better wording, that would be neat. "Up to X" stuff seems goofy, but maybe "that costs less than this by at least 2"? It's the best I can think of.

Neirai the Forgiven

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2018, 12:23:19 pm »

Actually (despite vowing that I wasn't going to make design changes to any cards!) I've been trying a less complex version of Stronghold.

It seems balanced well at $5, but someone please point out where it's broken as hell:

Stronghold - Action-Reaction $5
Put your deck into your discard pile. Look through your discard pile, trash a card from it, and put a card from it into your hand.
-
When you would trash a card, you may first reveal this from your hand, to instead discard the card.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.