Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

(Art Reveals within!) Dominion: Antiquities

(1/64) > >>

Neirai the Forgiven:
Officially announced on reddit, here's essentially a crosspost:

You feel like you’ve really got the hang of this Emperor thing. Your holdings reach out in all directions and cover the whole world. That’s the problem, really. You are running out of directions to conquest; north, west, south, east, and florst, you rule them all. You’ve tried conquering in other directions, too: widdershins, reverse widdershins -- but eventually you realize you’re just trying to conquer from yourself. You can’t really go up, either, but you’ve got top men working on that. So you’ve settled with going down. As soon as you started going down, you found riches, but you also found old things, things from a time before when someone else was also going down, apparently. But unlike whoever this was, you are still alive and that makes all the difference.

Antiquities is a 27-pile (plus a promo) fanspansion built and tested by me, with a ton of helpful feedback from this community. My gratitude for the feedback is immense. This would have not been worth landing without it, it was lame at the start.

You've all seen the WIP thread, so I'll skip to the fun part, card art reveals. This was done using Violet's card renderer, with art from Jan Boruta.

You can find all the arts at the other end of this link.

Gazbag:
Sweet art! Will the rulebook have boxart on the front too?

I don't like the "it" wording on Stronghold though, I think it should follow Hermit's wording rather than Harbinger's.

Neirai the Forgiven:
Yes! Although I don't have that art yet.

Also, seriously check Jan's art out. You can see a sample on his deviantart site, but also by looking at any of JFD's Civilization VI and V mods. The dude needs more views.

GendoIkari:
Shipwreck might have accountability issues. If the finding of a treasure isn't optional, then the person would have to reveal their entire discard to prove there's no treasure in it. And if they do find a card, they should reveal it before putting it on the bottom of the draw pile.

Magic deals with similar things; if a card lets you search your library for any card and put it in your hand, then generally you don't have to reveal that card, and it's normally not optional. But if a card lets you search for something specific, like a land, then it always has you reveal the card you found, and finding it is always optional.

Same with Moundbuilder Village... it doesn't have accountability for finding the highest-cost card.

Neirai the Forgiven:

--- Quote from: GendoIkari on May 10, 2018, 03:46:02 pm ---Shipwreck might have accountability issues. If the finding of a treasure isn't optional, then the person would have to reveal their entire discard to prove there's no treasure in it. And if they do find a card, they should reveal it before putting it on the bottom of the draw pile
Same with Moundbuilder Village... it doesn't have accountability for finding the highest-cost card.

--- End quote ---

Gah, late-game issues!
Good catches, though. Shipwreck should be optional, and Moundbuilder Village could probably be changed to say "reveal your discard pile" since you'll have to show everyone all the card costs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version